5,312 results
All reviews sand fleas main pool a la carte restaurants bahia principe san juan animation team main buffet jeep safari recommend this resort seafood food was great snack bar buffet restaurant mini golf bad reviews chicken paradise island great resort
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We booked this resort for a family vacation. The group was about forty of us. We drive there in separate vehicles since we're visiting the country for a month and visiting different places.

Upon arrival there was hardly any parking available it appears that the hotel is not equipped for guest that will arrive in their own vehicle.

The check in I have to say was by far the worst experience at this resort. It was a complete chaos. As you tried to check in they required you to send them an email with your confirmation number to one of their corporate email address.

They had our information and confirmation number but would not give you a room key or anything unless you forward them this email. It was very frustrating because their wifi did not work and it was difficult getting a signal to find a confirmation from about a year ago. The lobby was a complete mess not enough people checking guest in and it appeared to be a a sea of guest all over the place yelling and screaming and frustration was everywhere.

Once you got the key the rooms were not ready and you could not get a safe key either because they had ran out of safe keys. We did not get out room until approximately six pm.

Once we did get our room one of the blankets on the bed had blood on it. This was never replaced we had to use a lesser quality blanket that was in the closet.

The rooms are nothing to brag about but we decided that we were not gonna stay in the room much time and didn't stress over it.

The food was good because they had a very good variety and plenty of food kept coming out.

The drinks were ok and it was not difficult to get a drink but don't expect to get a buzz with their alcohol is probably the cheapest they could find.

The resort has three pools one which is huge and you can stay in there all day with a swim up bar. The other is a much smaller pool but has a nice set up away from the crowd.

The third pool is the middle size one but unfortunately we did. It get use it because it es reserved for a group which I thought was rude to advertise it and then restrict it once you're there.

We were never able to obtain reservations to any of the restaurant because they were full for the entire time before we even arrived. So we were stuck eating at the main cafeteria which thankfully was bit bad.

The scenery st this resort is absolutely beautiful and very well maintained. Bristol fliers and trees.

The gym has old equipment but enough for a decent workout. The gym trainer Saul was awesome he was very helpful and made us feel welcomed.

The entrainment was decent and they have a Michael Jackson show that the kids loved.

The best part of the resort is by far the staff. They make you feel welcome and they are very helpful. They work very hard and keep smiling and treating like royalty.

We did not have anything taken from our rooms which is always a plus. They had plenty of security everywhere at all times.

The beach is beautiful and the BBQ at the beach was tons of fun.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Franklyn T
Cservicebpsj, Quality & Customer Services Department at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your comments during your stay with us as it is through communications of this nature that we can evaluate our level of service and improve our facilities on all aspects.
Thank you very much for highlighting our amazing staff, they will very grateful to hear of your good comments.
Once again, thank you so much for your review and we sincerely wish to welcome you again very soon to our Hotel Grand Bahia Principe San Juan. We will be at your disposal for whatever you may need.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2017

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like very important people, Adelphi was very knowledgeable and explained all details of our stay, even though on the weekend seemed to be more crowded than during the week, we were always able to get fast service at the bars or by the waiting staff.
Food was good and the room was clean and neat.
Entertainment team was great keeping people happy and made every effort to include everyone on the activities, special thanks to Melissa, Scarli, Daivi, Daniel, Carlitos and the rest of the entertainment team for making our stay very enjoyable.
Great service at the a la carte restaurants.
Improvement recommendation would be to have privilege members check out at the lounge to avoid crowd checking in.

Nelson, Patricia and Elizabeth

Room Tip: Second floor rooms give you a better view
2  Thank NBonil

Dear Guest,

We thank you for writing a review about your experience among us. In the name of the Hotel Management and all our staff, we would like to express you how glad we are to read your positive valuation about the hotel premises due to the arduous effort of our staff. In Grand Bahia Principe San Juan our customer’s satisfaction is part of our guiding principles so we can ensure pleasant experiences to our beloved guests.

Likewise, we welcome your feedback about the entertainment which has been shared with our Animation team.

In case you decide to visit us once again, please feel free to contact us.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels for your holidays in the Dominican Republic.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I came to the hotel in December, in march, and this summer I just came back from my 5 weeks vacation in this hotel and every time it gets better and better. My friend, my mom and I enjoy this hotel very much I've been coming here since I was 8 years old and now I'm 18 and I've been there for 17 vacations and it's an amazing experience every time. I've recommended this hotel to many people and they enjoyed it very much and came back because I was there with them as well. The hotel is nice and the staff is exceptionally nice as Always. Marta does an amazing job at being the hotel manager. The staff in the lobby : David, Waldy, frailyn, Emmanuel, did amazing services any issue would be solved in less then 5 minutes, they are very efficient workers. The service in the buffet was excellent as usual, the managers Jose, Miguel, diomedes always did their best to make sure we had the best service possible. The waiters: Eddie, Luis, Luis, Luis, Wandy, reny, Richard, arturo, lewyn and all of them there's too many names to list. They always provided fast and excellent service with passion. The lifeguards Wagner and dauris and the rest were amazing always attentive, and they saved a 2 year old girl from drowning since a mother left her daughter in the pool and went to the bar. Thank god they saved her. The bartenders in the lobby and theatre area, Dariel, Raul, yunely, junior, Joan, yulian,Ramon, Josue and many more were amazing. They always provided me with the best drinks and were very fast. I knew these people since I was a little girl and its always nice to see them every time i go they are like family to me. As for the best part, the entertainment team is my favorite. They always do their best to make everyone smile, happy, and laugh. They make my days and nights so enjoyable because from the morning there are always incredible games and dance lessons, and also in the afternoon as well. The night time there are always fun and beautiful shows for everyone to enjoy and laugh. Daniel, Carlito, Marco, Joanna, Dihanna, Janilda, Melissa, Coralma,Yefri, Eduard,Carlos,Ledixon,Ronny, Delvi do an amazing job and they are the best entertainment team that i have ever seen. I cant wait to come back to this hotel again for my 18th time and see my second family again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank Alessandra G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan and for having chosen our hotel to spend your vacations again.

In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to express you how pleased we are to read that you have enjoyed a awesome and we are very pleased for your positive lines referring our gastronomy , rooms and the friendliness of our staff. This motivates us to keep working to make feel our valuable costumers as part of our family as we aim in Bahia Principe Hotels and Resorts.

We kindly invite you to give us a new visit; please do not hesitate to contact us before your arrival.

Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, all-inclusive hotels in Puerto Plata.

With regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2017

My family and I stayed at this resort the week of Aug. 20-26th and honestly I don't know where to begin so let's start at the beginning, at check in. We check'd in at the front desk with Donald. Quick and efficient. He pointed out where all the bars and restaurants were located and also the location of our room. When we got to our room instead of two double beds as we requested and paid for, we had a King size bed and a sofa sleeper. We have two teenage girls, we had to request that another bed be brought in because the sleeper was too small. The a/c in the master bedroom was broken and the telephone in the master was broken. We actually discovered that though we were assigned room E3-2114 and all our paperwork said that it was our room including the key, we were actually taken to room A4-1214. The key we were given opened the door to this room even though the key was also marked E3-2114 weird??. We wandered around the resort close to an hour due to this confusion unable to locate our room. The front desk never, not once gave us some kind of compensation for this trouble. The beach is black sand and filled with seaweed. Some parts of the shore line is so filled with seaweed that it is just nasty. At night, we were advised not to walk on the sand due to sand fleas. The hotel boasts five restaurants, none of which have a/c. The buffet restaurant called Las Brisas, serves a variety of food most of it is lukewarm. Nothing was ever hot. The pool closes at 7pm due to chemicals that must be added to the pool but come on, really? Most resorts I have stayed at close at least at 10:00pm. A bit early considering that it is a family hotel and what are you supposed to do with the kids?? The t.v. reception is horrible, only one channel is in English and that is the Cartoon Network. The tv's are old, the cable channel selections are sub par. Wi-fi you say? Guess what? Though the hotel says it has wi-fi, they fail to mention that the wi-fi is only free in the lobby of the hotel. Once you leave the lobby, there is NO WI-FI!! You can however pay $15.00 per day to have access to wi-fi. You want an in room safe? You have to pay for that too! $4.00 per day. Three of the bars close at 10:00pm. You have access to three pools, oh wait, two pools. One pool is being repaired. The main pool and this is the best part, had a live wire cable dangling in the water. My husband and I reported this very dangerous situation to three lifeguards, a manager by the pool and two front desk personnel. They acted like it was no big deal. We were told that the cable was water proof. Ok, but what if a child pulled on this cable and ripped it out of the light housing?? We all know that water and electricity do not mix. It took the hotel 2 days, 2 DAYS to fix this problem. And even then, the wire was just pushed callously back into the housing. Another pool light on the other end of the pool kept falling into the water. By the way, in order to get pool towels you need to have "towel cards", well, once again Donald failed to give us towel cards. The drinks are watered down, I know because I drank and drank and drank and felt like all I was drinking was water. They are slow to clean your suite, having left the suite at 7:30am and returning at 1:30pm and the suite was still unkempt. You have to call the front desk for ice, we had to call the front desk for xtra towels, sheets, pillows, toilet paper for the other room for our daughters. Also, the locals swarm this hotel Fridays thru Sunday. And may I say, they are rude, loud, obnoxious and ill mannered. This is not a hotel for families on vacation looking for a getaway from the hustle and bustle. The hotel is old and needs many upgrades and renovations. This is actually the first resort built in Puerto Plata by the Pineros Group and it shows. The staff is however eager to please, hard working, nice and always with a smile. They have live music most nights and themed events every night. The Michael Jackson show was phenomenal. The food at La Dolce Vita, at the Asian restuarant and at La Casita Blanca is delicious. The resort is big, about 1000 rooms. So, here you are. If you book, good luck. As for my family and me, we're never going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room label A are closest to the front lobby
8  Thank BorntotravelNY
Cservicebpsj, Quality & Customer Services Department at Grand Bahia Principe San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.

We apologize if you felt you did not receive the service you were entitled to, but be assured that your comments have been already brought to the General Manager of our Resort to give the proper attention.

We fully understand that you are a person with a great experience in all inclusive Hotels and we are truly sorry that we could not fulfil your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to receive you again in one of the hotels of our chain to be able to offer you a more agreeable experience, especially either of one of our Grand Bahia branch or Luxury Don Pablo Collection, which are a superior category and offer you an even more exclusive service and superior rooms.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I recently stayed there in August for a few days and it was a sweet and sour experience. The reception area was a complete chaos and there very little coordination and the service was very poor. On several occasion at the main restaurant and by the bar area, i ordered some drinks and coffee and the waiters never reappear and will see by the bar socializing with their friends, At the same time our rooms were being serviced regularly and were left neatly and well attended. I also have to mention the kids club ran by Dheana she was very attentive and interacted very well with the kids and made the parents feel comfortable at her care. Beside that i would have it was a lot of pluses but since customer relation is on of the stronger points for customers that can leave a bad taste on ones experience but i would consider coming back if thy would improved and trained their employees to be more attentive to their clients.

Room Tip: suite would be a better choice

Dear Client,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write us this review about our hotel.

We are really appreciate that you highlight in your feedback all the good aspects that you are making mention.

We regret so much that we could not meet your expectations in some of our services. However, we sincerely appreciate your review as it is through communications on this nature that we can see what specific points we must focus to our attention.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again in Grand BP San Juan in a near future.

Kind regards,