This hotel consists of a main building with rooms as any hotel and a village build around a piazza as the medieval italian villages, with 2 stories houses, containing larger rooms than those at the main building.
For experiencing the originality of this resort I suggest you book a room in the village ( Borgo rooms ).
The architect who designed and decorated the resort is a creative genius. He used blocks and carved tufa stone to create a huge complex of buildings, corridors, terraces, balconies, corners, piazzas, etc that look as they would have always been there. The effort put on decoration details in each rooom is astonishing. Everything recreates the Puglian tradition.
The hotel has 3 huge pools plus an indoor pool and oversized spa. For sea bathing there are two options : one rocky and the other with sand, on short complimentary shuttle service running all day every half hour. The beach has a restaurant and all the amenities needed.
Public areas are very tastefull and original. A formal restaurant a la carte, a pizzeria and a buffet restaurant all serve excelent food. Breakfast is buffet style with everything you would expect, except fresh baguettes or the likes ( only toast bread ) .
WIFI is complimentary throughout the whole property except at the beach. Speeds can be very low or good depending of time. I had to switch to a cabel conection because WIFI signal was weak in the room, but later they brought a private rooter and signal power was OK. Speeds go from 0,4 mb/s to 3 mb/s.
We had a very nice deluxe borgo room with a living room, compartimented bathroom with shower cabin, tub and separate WC+bidet of superb design. The bedroom was very comfortable and AC worked perfectly.
The staff is well trained and kind.
You have to take note this a family oriented hotel, full of families with small children. The hotel says children are supposed to go to pool #3 but they do not enforce this rule, so there are small children all over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borgo is the Italian word for village. Borgo Egnazia, a stroll from the Adriatic Sea on the fertile plains of Puglia, is a village of dreams hewn in the beautiful white Tufo stone of the region. If it had existed in ancient times it would have been the eighth wonder of the world! But although it looks as if time, sun, footsteps and sea breezes have weathered its facades, Borgo Egnazia is a 21st century creation that sparks the imagination with its characterful buttresses and the higgledy-piggledy layout of the casette around the central Piazza. You arrive at La Corte (the court), which sits like a manor house or Moorish Castle to the side of the village. It's a castle of troubadours and sanctuary though, not of battlements. Here are rooms where you can take your sojourn with us, descending the sweeping stairway to enjoy the bars, restaurants, terraces, spa and pools as well as the many secreted, gently lit bowers in a labyrinth of corridors that make it seem as if you had entered the Temple of Aphrodite! Alternatively you can choose to stay in one of the Borgo's casette, a deux or as a family of four, which nestle around two piazzas down bougainvillea- scented alleyways that you would swear had been there since the days of carts and horses. Larger families might prefer to take one of our 29 villas that fringe the village with their own plunge pools and shaded gardens, lush with oleander and rosemary. Borgo Egnazia is hard to describe. It's a place like nowhere else, with so much thought having gone into every detail. You have to come and experience it for yourself. What we have done is given glimpses about the many characteristics of the place. We hope you enjoy these. If they conjure in your mind the sense of a place rich in earthy provenance, splendid in its imagining and deeply restorative in its comforts and perfection, then our words will be doing some justice to the reality of Borgo Egnazia. Vair Spa Vair is emphasizing the role played by internal beauty, which illuminates each one of us and never deteriorates. We are introducing the results of a year's worth of research into an essential theme: The fulfillment of the psyche, that can be searched in a series of extraordinary treatments born precisely from this vision. Before choosing the best tailor-made spa itinerary, our guests often say they would like to feel happier after their treatments. This is why we suggest that you do not miss the life-changing treatments, which are carried out in the friendly and inviting atmosphere at Vair, the innovative and modern Mind & Body Spa surrounded by Puglia's natural beauty. We train every day to have the clearest attitude in welcoming you. The Training of the Spa Team has been extra-ordinary. Inspired and excellent teachers, all masters in their arts, left us tools and knowledge to enhance our methods for delivering committed Spa experiences in this changing world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Borgo Egnazia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Egnazia Villas Hotel Golf Puglia
- Borgo Egnazia Puglia, Italy - Savelletri