I returned from my 4th visit to Borgo at end of July with my daughter for a quick "girl'"s trip.
In 3 previous years, we travelled as a family of 4 for our main summer holiday & had a fabulous time - the only reason we didn't do a family trip this year was that we had another long term one planned. My daughter was so upset to be missing her "Borgo" trip, I planned a 4 day trip to placate her!!
Yes, it has evolved & changed over the years (we first went in its opening year) but it still retains a wonderful & relaxing atmosphere.
The staff are all fantastic, nothing is too much trouble & many remembered us from previous trips.
Also we loved that La Frasca is back to being a trattoria & that there is an adult restaurant (Due Camini) where you can escape from the younger children.
Over the years, we have graduated from the typical family using the kids club (which was excellent needless to say) to now appreciating the adults/older children areas & still want to return. I think this sums up Borgo perfectly - it appeals to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borgo is the Italian word for village. Borgo Egnazia, a stroll from the Adriatic Sea on the fertile plains of Puglia, is a village of dreams hewn in the beautiful white Tufo stone of the region. If it had existed in ancient times it would have been the eighth wonder of the world! But although it looks as if time, sun, footsteps and sea breezes have weathered its facades, Borgo Egnazia is a 21st century creation that sparks the imagination with its characterful buttresses and the higgledy-piggledy layout of the casette around the central Piazza. You arrive at La Corte (the court), which sits like a manor house or Moorish Castle to the side of the village. It's a castle of troubadours and sanctuary though, not of battlements. Here are rooms where you can take your sojourn with us, descending the sweeping stairway to enjoy the bars, restaurants, terraces, spa and pools as well as the many secreted, gently lit bowers in a labyrinth of corridors that make it seem as if you had entered the Temple of Aphrodite! Alternatively you can choose to stay in one of the Borgo's casette, a deux or as a family of four, which nestle around two piazzas down bougainvillea- scented alleyways that you would swear had been there since the days of carts and horses. Larger families might prefer to take one of our 29 villas that fringe the village with their own plunge pools and shaded gardens, lush with oleander and rosemary. Borgo Egnazia is hard to describe. It's a place like nowhere else, with so much thought having gone into every detail. You have to come and experience it for yourself. What we have done is given glimpses about the many characteristics of the place. We hope you enjoy these. If they conjure in your mind the sense of a place rich in earthy provenance, splendid in its imagining and deeply restorative in its comforts and perfection, then our words will be doing some justice to the reality of Borgo Egnazia. Vair Spa Vair is emphasizing the role played by internal beauty, which illuminates each one of us and never deteriorates. We are introducing the results of a year's worth of research into an essential theme: The fulfillment of the psyche, that can be searched in a series of extraordinary treatments born precisely from this vision. Before choosing the best tailor-made spa itinerary, our guests often say they would like to feel happier after their treatments. This is why we suggest that you do not miss the life-changing treatments, which are carried out in the friendly and inviting atmosphere at Vair, the innovative and modern Mind & Body Spa surrounded by Puglia's natural beauty. We train every day to have the clearest attitude in welcoming you. The Training of the Spa Team has been extra-ordinary. Inspired and excellent teachers, all masters in their arts, left us tools and knowledge to enhance our methods for delivering committed Spa experiences in this changing world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Borgo Egnazia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Egnazia Villas Hotel Golf Puglia
- Borgo Egnazia Puglia, Italy - Savelletri