“Masseria Torre Maizza”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Savelletri
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
“Masseria Torre Maizza”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a hotel which delivers in all areas. The pool is wonderful. The yoga guru is superb. Everything exudes attentiveness yet nothing is over done. It has contemporary edge (the moonlit rooftop terrace with the vibe and colours of Arabia, for one angle). On the last night I sat out looking up at the white tower of the old fortified farmhouse at the heart of the hotel and noticed how the lit door on the upper floor appeared to be joyfully winking at me. Of course it was an illusion and perhaps the long Mojito helped this along! But for a moment I was convinced even it was in on the act too- a first class hotel which winks and cajoles and warmly laughs with you as you relax into heaven. How I loved it, alongside all members of our family.

Room Tip: Maybe check if it's next to a private pool room?
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ElioZazzera, Direttore at Masseria Torre Maizza, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guests,
thanks for your review, we are so happy you fully enoyed your stay, your dreaming comment it's really fantastic!
Thank you so much again, we hope to have you soon again in our Masseria.
Warmest Regards
Elio Zazzera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had an amazing stay!! Room was comfortable and clean and the grounds were really beautiful - we enjoyed the beautiful pool and fun golf course. We loved the beach club (which is easy to get to by car, bike or shuttle - which they are happy to take you) and food at the club. The hotel is very well-located for all the sight-seeing you'll want to do around Puglia. Also, you'll have access to the events, restaurants and pool of their sister hotel, which is within walking distance (if you are up for walking through an olive grove!! Which I loved!)

Yes - it was expensive, especially dinners there, but the food was fantastic - fresh, local, great ambience and clever evenings planned every night for guests. We enjoyed the live music, local food nights, family events. We did not eat every dinner or lunch there, and I found the hotel staff helpful at recommending other places around Puglia when were were visiting different towns and villages.

Breakfast was amazing!! So much to choose from, tons of local fruit, cheeses and meats, freshly baked pastries....you could order something else, but I don't know why you would want to!!
Also, I have newly diagnosed Celiac Disease and a crazy amount of food allergies and dietary restrictions. I was dreading this trip to Italy and was not sure how I would cope. The staff were so aware of food allergies and restrictions - it was not a problem. They were well stocked with gluten free breads, snacks and pasta and made sure that all my meals were prepared properly. It was never an issue and I couldn't believe how understanding and caring the staff were regarding my issues. And not just at the hotel - this extended to the beach club and sister hotel restaurants as well.

Staff is unbelievably professional and kind. We loved the waiters - friendly and happy to chat with you.

We just returned from 10 days at this hotel in August with our children, 9 and 11. We were very comfortable there with our children, but I think their sister property, the Torre Coccaro, is geared towards and better equipped for larger, younger families. However, there were plenty of friendly kids at the pool and beach for my children to play with, which was unexpected and nice. I hope we can return!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank aintheapple
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for your complete and detailed review. It's so nice for us when our guests appreciate our efforts to render unique their holiday in our Masseria
We very look forward to having you again in Puglia!
Warmest regards
Elio Zazzera
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went in search of sun, food, comfort and the sea and found them all in abundance at Torre Maizza. Rooms cool, calm and tasteful. Restaurant and bar similarly smart without being excessively formal. Quality without overdoing it. All the staff welcoming, cheerful and helpful. From the general manager who translated for our cookery class, to the front desk staff that secured two bags of semolina flour from the kitchen for us to take home, to the wonderful cocktail maker in the bar, to the efficient and friendly restaurant staff. We made full use of the lovely pool and even "managed" to get round the 9 hole golf course. Beach was very busy but beach club was calm and well designed with superb food. The hotel restaurant also served consistently good food. Would absolutely go again if time or opportunity presented itself.

London, UK
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have just returned from this wonderful hotel where we spent nine incredible days and nights. We had been recommended by friends who had visited the property twice and simply raved about the place. I'm delighted to say that our expectations were exceeded on every level. We travelled with our two children, who are aged 21 and 17 years old. It was a perfect family vacation. Our rooms - one superior, one standard - were delightful. But it's the general chilled vibe around the place that made this one of the most relaxing vacations we've ever experienced. The pool. Beach. Restaurant. Grounds. Bikes. Everything was delivered with a keen eye for the aesthetic and a real attention to detail. Each morning, my wife and daughter would take the shuttle to the beach whilst my son and I would cycle along beautiful country lanes. At the beach club, we'd have sun beds to relax and a great restaurant in which to have lunch. To be honest, there doesn't appear to be much choice along the beach for an alternative and, yes, the restaurant is pricey, but the food was great.
There seems to be some division amongst reviewers over the hotel restaurant. We opted to 'eat in' three times, twice at the BBQ and once at the Jazz Night. I can only say that the food and music were both exquisite. Really good. At the same time, there are nearby towns and villages to eat out, busy and buzzy but not over commercialised. And wherever we went, the friendliness and welcome was genuine and generous.
I guess the drawback is that you do really need to rent a car, but the roads are easily navigable and nothing takes to long to drive to.
We got back home last night and I'm missing it already. Lovely hotel (oh yes, and very private and discrete - we noticed the novelist Jesse Courts, author of this year's 'hot' summer read 'Mrs R' reclining on a sun-lounger, undisturbed).

2 Thank malc0lmgreen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Where do I start, it's difficult to summarise this hotel complex. Firstly, it's not your typical complex lets take away all the dreaded inability to find a sunbed that hasn't been reserved. This hotel provides towels, and when you have left your bed the pool attendant clears the area ready for the next. This made me happy no end, no over crowding at the pool, and the opportunity to sit anywhere you wish at anytime. The pool area was immaculate, the staff happy to serve cold refreshments and food however what they didn't mention was the safety, trust and the mutual respect from other guests. Behaviour clearly breeds behaviour here.
The restaurant service was exceptional, friendliness oozes from front of house, after witnessing rudeness from some guests the waiters handled their obnoxious behaviour explicitly, here's a tip be a decent guest, your service won't change if you aren't but you'll receive over and above just like we did.
The Spa was special. The therapists were ready for our arrival, they jumped up as soon as we arrived. Maybe I'm used to therapists running late or an attitude that they are doing me a favour but here it was obvious I was the one being treated and I most certainly was.
Our room was exactly what we needed and over and above our expectations. Our accommodation was cleaned twice a day, the chambermaids worked in pairs, what a fantastic idea. They were both in and out fast. Trustworthy and friendly in my experience a possible rarity in housekeeping.
Three cheers to the Owner and the Manager, your staff love working for you, it shows from the beach drivers to the Management.
You should really try cook school, the chef was passionate about the food and although he couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak Italian I knew exactly what was happening. A glass of Prosecco on arrival and a relaxed atmosphere we felt privileged. We couldn't eat everything in one sitting so we had part two at dinner. Nothing was too much trouble everything perfect.
The whole complex is stunning, the food wonderful, clean, friendly and safe. It is the perfect place for a come down after a hectic lifestyle or in our case wedding. We left horizontal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the ground floor, with private gardens.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jo W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here in July 2014 and loved every day. Pool is fabulous, and the shared beach facilities with Coccaro are very nice indeed. We preferred Maizza to the sister property Coccaro, but both are beautiful. Entire resort and rooms are very quiet at night, and the atmosphere is relaxed chic. Great service in the main restaurant from Paolo and his team, very highly recommend it. If you're in the area to stay, we recommend day trips to Polignano a Mare, Ostuni and Otranto/Salento areas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

From the warm welcome through to the friendly farewell, we enjoyed memorable days in Torre Maizza. The complete team makes all they can to make you feel at home, adjusting to your personal needs and desires.
Thank you and well done!

1 Thank Michael B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savelletri
Borgo Egnazia
Masseria Cervarolo
Masseria Cervarolo
#1 of 21 in Ostuni
Don Ferrante Dimore di charme

Been to Masseria Torre Maizza? Share your experiences!