“Restaurant was excellent”
Review of Sunset Cove Marina & Grill - CLOSED

Sunset Cove Marina & Grill
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a licensed waterfront restaurant and marina in beautiful Blind Bay, BC. Covered deck and open patio seating make the ambience unbeatable for waterfront dining in the Shuswap!
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The food was very good and the service was excellent. having dinner on the patio while watching the sunset was amazing.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Every day of our visit was over 35 degrees, so it was lovely to come in to an air conditioned restaurant. I had the steak salad and was pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the steak. Otherwise our party's meals were a bit disappointing - especially the mac & cheese. We had better meals on the deck of our rental cottage. But that air conditioning is worth something!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went as soon as the restaurant opened to reserve a table (we reserved it with the OWNER!!) when we got there, no spot for us. We waited and finally got a spot not where we had asked for. Long story short - the food was pretty good but the service was terrible. Would not recommend due to service alone. Even the food in my opinion was over priced.

1  Thank Lyndsey O
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My mom and I took a deckside table and relished the covered deck, gorgeous view of the bay and marina. The ambiance was nice. The decor inside restaurant was lovely and inviting.
Long tiedback drapes reminded me of being on a sea-side veranda or cabana. Open and airy.

The fish and chip and accompanying coleslaw and Iced Tea was good. Had to ask for a refill of drinks. Service times were reasonable and as most outdoor tables had guests.

DOCK:
UNACCEPTABLE TRIPPING HAZARDS.
They need attention badly!I can't believe they are allowed to be used!
Lawsuits despite "Use at own risk" signs/

My mom wouldn't and didn't venture onto the marinas docks.Many "modge-podge" cover-ups with random, varied slabs of wood that were not fastened well or at all. Unstable areas ( I have good balance- Just completed a High Ropes Challenge) and had to watch it at times. Numerous users were quite nervous although they are boat owners/ users. The cover up/patch up jobs and screws/ nails sticking up out of the wood were/ are horrendous. Use caution!

The gift shop had random and interesting finds.
We had a great time only wish dock was safe and then my mom could have shared the closer views and awesome selection of boats.

2  Thank LA-bc-girl
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had our Friday night fish and chips. It was very good and reasonably priced. The waitress was a bit occupied with her friends but other than that it was good.