This pub/hotel is a lovely building in a great setting.
Unfortunately the service/facilities provided are not good enough for the prices charged.
Booked 2 rooms in June.
Encountered five members of staff during our stay.
Staff 1- shown to one room and given one key, even though on arrival we told him we had booked 2 rooms.
When shown to room, told we would need milk for tea tray, but no offer to get this for us.
When at bar, Staff 2 did not know what Pimms was or how to make it.
Staff 3 could not work the till.
Staff 4 used breakfast room as office,stomping about talking loudly on phone for 15 mins.
We did not need to hear her arranging laundry and wine orders.
When paying bill on departure staff 5's conversation was littered with swear words.
Did not have dinner at hotel so cannot comment on that, but breakfast food was good.
On one of the hottest nights of the year the heating came on in room. Shower poor,Bath slippery to shower in.
A frustrating place to stay, as with very little effort it could be so good.
Please lower your prices or improve your staff training.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dundas Arms is a country dining pub perched on a sliver of land sandwiched between the River Kennet and the Kennet and Avon canal. We offer 8 beautifully appointed en-suite rooms where home from home comfort with a modern twist is our philosophy. Each of our rooms features stunning Barnaby Gates wallpaper, lavish curtains, country house style furnitures, high quality linen, handmade Bramley toiletries, flat screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. Many of the rooms also come with their own private terrace overlooking the canal. The pub is filled with nooks and crannies complete with an antique penny bar, large fireplaces and nicely decorated dining rooms.You will find traditional pub classic dishes sitting alongside finer dining a la carte dishes in the restaurant. Our Chef uses the best quality ingredients locally sourced. We are proud to have recently received a Dinner award and 4 Stars for our accommodation by the AA. We are also part of Pub group of the year 2016 by The Good Pub Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Dundas Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dundas Arms Hotel Kintbury
- The Dundas Arms Kintbury, Berkshire