“Incredible Activity with Friendly Instructors”

Brighton Kitesurf and SUP Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialise in Kitesurfing and SUP tuition and organise SUP river trips and excursions on the beautiful beaches and waterways os Sussex and beyond. We cater for small groups to give the best possible tuition. If you would like to try these amazing sports with a professional and friendly team : Come and " Ride with us " We look forward to hearing from you .
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was selected as best man for my friend's wedding and was tasked with organising the stag do. We collectively decided to choose Brighton as our location and I opted for an activity on the beach/sea. After a quick online search, I came across Brighton Kitesurf and SUP Academy and gave them a call.

I spoke with Frazer (the owner and instructor) who I found immediately to be both friendly and knowledgable. I initially wanted to surf or kite surf but Frazer discussed the pitfalls of both these options with an inexperienced group and ever-changing weather. Through his advice I opted for paddling boarding.

During the build-up to the day, Frazer rang me to ensure that I was okay with the times and locations, and even wen the extra-mile by sending me through a map and travel instructions when I was down there.

Most importantly though, when we actually met up with him, he was instantly warm, approachable and put the whole group of friends at ease. We had a really good laugh and built up immediate rapport which meant that when we actually went out on the water, we had a great time!

Frazer has bags of charisma and knows how to be both informative and friendly. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone, and should you be looking for a similar event to take part in whilst in Brighton, he should be the first person you ring.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed a 3 hour SUP tour up the Adur River with Frazer.
Before I came along I was hoping that I'd be paddle boarding in the sea rather than the river but I'm really glad that conditions meant that we had to take the river option; it's a really interesting bit of water to check out with the natural marshes, kooky houseboats and general riverside scenery.
And being taught how to paddle properly made a huge difference to my enjoyment of the session. As did Frazer's banter and obvious passion for all things SUP.
If I get to return to Brighton I'd like to try out the kitesurfing with these guys, based on the fact that Frazer was such a relaxed and friendly teacher.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Fancied doing this for ages. River Adur ideal for novices like me and was up and running in no time. Frazer is a really good instructor and a good laugh! Recommended for all age groups.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Don't usually write on these things but had such a great few days with bka learning to kitesurf that I thought I'd give them a quick review,I found Frazier and Chris the two instructors I had both very easy going and friendly but at the same time very knowledgable and professional with safety always in mind,I had three group sessions to start then a one to one with the headzone kit which is basically a helmet with a waterproof headset in it so I could be out on the water and the instructor could be on the beach giving me advise with the radio as I surfed,I found this really helpful as I could be out doing my thing but still receive help,also got lots of advice on what kit to buy as a beginner,all in all a great experience and am now hooked on the sport,five stars