My wife and I had a 5 day Christmas Break at the Beachcroft (originally 4 days but we were made an offer we couldn't refuse to get there early). The cost was reasonable for a Christmas deal.
The hotel is 50 yards from the sea and we had a room at the front. The room was big enough for a short break and it had a lovely view. Note there is no lift and the second flight of stairs is quite steep and narrow.
The staff in the hotel are exceptionally friendly and very well trained. Even the younger temporary staff knew their job.
The food was of a good standard with ample portions. We did have to choose all our meals on the first day which seemed odd but it led to an efficient service throughout.
My wife and I often had the bar to ourselves at night as the clientèle tended to be of the older variety. The range of beers could have been better.
During the Christmas week the area was hit by the two violent storms and the noise of the gales did keep us awake on two nights. Maybe we should have chosen a room at the back.
My wife made use of the pool and the general public were not allowed in over Christmas. She commended the pool.
The entertainment that was laid on was not very good, the disco was inappropriate for the age range of the guests and the singer was unfortunately suffering with damaged vocal chords. There was also a pianist playing an electronic keyboard which was more suitable but my preference is for a simple piano.
Overall we had a good time and we were grateful to the staff for always going the 'extra mile' to make us feel welcome. We would certainly consider another Christmas break there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ocean view hotel, The Beachcroft Hotel offers something for everybody. Whether you are on holiday or on business, you are assured of a warm and friendly welcome. We pride ourselves on the service we offer, the comfortable and well fitted bedrooms, cosy bar, restaurant, indoor heated pool, seaside garden and our extensive conference and banqueting facilities. We also provide complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas. Conveniently located in the Village of Felpham, near Bognor Regis and just a few miles from the Sussex towns of Chichester and Arundel, The Beachcroft Hotel provides 36 mostly seaview bedrooms and luxury Penthouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Beachcroft Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcroft Hotel Bognor Regis
- Beachcroft Bognor Regis
- Best Western Beachcroft Hotel Felpham, West Sussex