Best Western Beachcroft Hotel
US$105
Agoda.com
US$117
  • Pool
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell Park(Fontwell)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell(Arundel)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Littlehampton Rustington(Littlehampton)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsno liftsea viewsea frontsound of the wavessmall poolfriendly hotelhotel is situatedbognor regisa ground floor roomstayed here for one nightshort breakfamily roomlobster potbit datedbreakfast was excellentbognor towncomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed here in room 54 on a very stormy wednesday night, first impressions were good although the room and furniture were a little dated.

I ate in the restaurant on a dinner, bed and breakfast deal, I ordered a three course meal from the waitress, smoked salmon to start, sirloin steak as a main and roulade for dessert, all very nice, steak cooked to perfection, cannot fault the meal.

I have to say that the bathroom was a disappointment, the bath enamel was chipped and had been repaired (badly), the shower was abysmal, hard to reguate the temperature and very poor pressure, not really what I expected, it looks like this is one of the rooms that has yet to be refurbished.

Breakfast was as good as the dinner, freshly cooked to order.

On check out I was advised that there was a £4 surcharge for the sirloin steak that was not explained when I ordered, even though I had asked the waitress what I could order on the package, When I pointed out the shortcomings of the bathroom, Kerrie took off the surcharge.
All in all for a couple of pounds short of £100, I didn't feel that this represented great value out of season, I expected more from Best Western as a loyalty card holder.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Phillip1985, Manager at Best Western Beachcroft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We share all feedback, both positive and negative with the team and aim to improve what we offer for future guests. With regards to the menu items, I believe it is rather rare for a hotel to offer their full a la carte menu for dinner inclusive guests, with hardly any limitations, we do currently have over 14 main courses, plus daily specials on our black board, however there is a small surcharge for our steak and lamb dishes, perhaps your server should have pointed this out, but we do feel this is clearly marked underneath both dishes on the a la carte menu. If I can provide you with any additional feedback then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We booked this hotel for one night in early February, and got a good rate with breakfast included. We arrived in the middle of very bad weather, the promenade in front of the hotel was deluged by pebbles and waves! Check in efficient and prompt. Our room was 2 floors up narrow stairs, difficult if you have a lot of luggage, we were ok. The room was at the back with no view, it would have been nice to have been given a sea view as no way was the hotel full. In fact it was very quiet, to be expected at this time of year. Our room and bathroom were very tired and old fashioned, but clean and comfortable. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided. Very warm room,turned off radiator. The bed was comfortable. We had a sandwich in the bar in the evening which was lovely. The breakfast in the morning was very good, all you could want. I had poached egg on toast which was excellent. Service was prompt and polite. We did not use the pool so can't comment. Must be nice in the summer!

1  Thank PandSDorset

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We were pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We take guest feedback extremely seriously and often use this as a training tool to improve our service to future guests. We hope that you might decide to visit our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Our last visit was in 2011 so we hoped the hotel would still be as good. It wasn't - it was better! We love this hotel - the staff are lovely and the food (both dinner and breakfast) is great and all freshly cooked to order. Also excellent value for money and right on the sea front so ideal for bracing seaside walks. We had a free upgrade to a seaview room which was lovely

Room Tip: seaview rooms are lovely although cost a bit extra.

Dear Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always very pleasing for the team to know their hard work has contributed towards an enjoyable stay for our guests. Try not to leave it so long before returning to us for your next visit! Please call us on 01243 827142 and you will always be assured the very best prices. I look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 14 February 2014

im sure by now anybody reading my reviews must think im obsessive about cleanliness but i dont go away to have accomodation of an inferior standard than i have at home. my colleague and i arrived late evening after a dreadful journey due to the weather, we parked easily and were greeted in a very friendly manner with the receptionist saying she was just about to ring and check we were ok ! we were asked if we wanted to book for dinner and she told us we had been upgraded to a sea view room and the porter willingly carried my case up the 2 flights of stairs. beware these are steep and narrow not suitable for those with mobility problems. the room itself wasnt huge but well furnished and equipped including excellent hospitality tray. as other reviewers have mentioned the bathrooms are excellent and the towels thick and generous with plenty of toiletries. this was the final night of a business trip and how i wished we could have based ourselves there for the week, i slept soundly which is a rarity these days and woke refreshed and keen to see the sea after hearing it last night i wasnt disappointed but didnt venture on to the prom. the breakfast selection surpassed any hotel i have stayed in and was freah and inviting. All hot items were cooked to order and my colleagues dippy eggs were perfect. will return for leisure break when i can fit one in as the deals are excellent value for money.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper the noise of the sea on the pebbles may be a problem
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always very pleasing for the team to know their hard work has contributed towards an enjoyable stay for our guests. We share all our feedback and the team were very pleased to hear your comments.

I was especially pleased to read your comments regarding our breakfast selection. Some previous reviewers feel our breakfast selection is not as wide and varied as it could be. Hopefully you will be visiting the hotel again soon.