We've just arrived back from a wonderful stay at Kono Kono resort. The resort is quite new and the villas were lovely - clean and spacious. It's a fabulous place to relax. There's a lovely pool and the beach is awesome - really beautiful powder white sand. The beach is well maintained and no touts or vendors are allowed, so you can relax privately. The tides are big which meant the kids were able to explore the shoreline, finding crabs and playing in puddles. There's seaweed that the locals collect each day to make cosmetic products. It's no problem on the beach.
The resort itself is quite isolated from the town etc and if you're coming in your own hire car, the last bit of road may have you wondering as it's very rough, but I believe they are looking to replace that soon anyway.
The food was wonderful and the staff very accommodating of our children. There was no children's menu, but again I believe they plan to introduce one and the chef was very happy to cook whatever we requested for them.
The staff were very friendly and even helped us source some medication when one of our children unexpectedly needed it - something I was glad we didn't have to navigate Stonetown to try to do!
Love the treehouse style spa! Great massages from Judy and Carolina.
We were at the resort for a week and highly recommend it as a place to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kono Kono Beach Resort is located on the south eastern coast of Zanzibar; these 24 luxurious villas are only an hour's drive away from the Zanzibar International Airport. The breathtaking beauty of this side of the Island offers arguably the best beaches in Zanzibar. The property covers 48000m² and more than 40% is under the resort’s conservation program and has the rarest fauna and flora including wildlife such as monkeys, local deer, endemic bird species and supposedly the discreet Zanzibar leopard, which is believed to be extinct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your KonoKono Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kono Kono Beach Villas Hotel Michamvi
- KonoKono Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Michamvi