omg, have you ever been on an idyllic, heavenly, ethereal vacation? well, you haven't until you've been to kono kono (which means "snail" in kiswahili). life is relaxed and wonderful from the moment you arrive at the resort. the sand is not a white sand beach, it is a white powder beach! the service was amazing and attentive, the beach villas are enormous- much bigger than most nyc flats (like mine), the shower is hot and strong- the water pressure is amazing. each villa has it's own outdoor soaking tub and wading pool!
dinner is served via candlelight on the beach, and we were lucky enough to be there during a full moon, so we ate and drank by moonlight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kono Kono Beach Resort is located on the south eastern coast of Zanzibar; these 24 luxurious villas are only an hour's drive away from the Zanzibar International Airport. The breathtaking beauty of this side of the Island offers arguably the best beaches in Zanzibar. The property covers 48000m² and more than 40% is under the resort’s conservation program and has the rarest fauna and flora including wildlife such as monkeys, local deer, endemic bird species and supposedly the discreet Zanzibar leopard, which is believed to be extinct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your KonoKono Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kono Kono Beach Villas Hotel Michamvi
- KonoKono Beach Resort Zanzibar Island/Michamvi