“Good Location and very friendly hosts”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Barn Annexe

The Barn Annexe
The Barn Annexe
Russell, New Zealand
“Good Location and very friendly hosts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

OK the only bad thing really - well no there is no bad thing as I choose this place for it's close proximity to Stansted - are the planes flying overhead - it is ok for one night - or even two but I can't imagine living there - or under any flight path for that matter - that has nothing to do with the property though which is fantastic! Lovely room that looked brand new - great help with dinner reservations at the local pub (which was great by the way and only 15min walk) and plenty of breakfast provisions (we got them the night before as we had to go to the airport early). Very comfortable beds to.

Room Tip: can't really give any other tips than bring your ear plugs if you don't want to hear the pla...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Weedon Bec, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

Such a shame. I stayed here for one night as I had an early flight from Stansted Airport & chose it after seeing the reviews on tripadvisor. The owner was very very helpful and friendly. My room was fairly big and the bed was comfortable but very creaky! I would have rated the property as excellent but the problem I had was that the walls were paperthin and the person in the room next to me snored like a warthog. I didn't dare put my earplugs in as I would have missed my alarm. As a result I got absolutely no sleep whatsoever and I had to be up at 3.00 - absolutely knackered and really unhappy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bubbles73uk
Ancona, Italy
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,664 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

A large, spotlessly clean, ground-floor room with a view out onto the lawn (with rabbits hopping around in the early morning mist), a new bathroom, a huge bed (the room was a "King" room I think - anyway, I slept like a log), an excellent breakfast, and above all a friendly, welcoming, helpful owner.

(If you want a taxi to take you to Stansted or anywhere else, get the one she recommends, driven by her friend, who's reliable, friendly, and not as expensive as others)

There's a pub a few hundred yards up the road, where you can get decent beer, good cider, and excellent homemade food. If you walk there in the evening, though, be careful to remember exactly where the lane off to the house begins, because coming back you might miss the sign in the dark.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ELear
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We spent a very pleasant comfortable night in this lovely country retreat near Stansted airport. The nicely decorated chalet room had a decent sized double bed with quality furnishings a small table and the added bonus of a fridge which was filled with our chosen ‘early’ breakfast requirements of tea toast and jam (cereals etc. were also available on demand. This was a lovely touch if you have an early flight and need to leave too early for breakfast. There was a good sized shower room and lovely soft towels. The owners were very friendly and even booked dinner for us at the excellent local pub (about 10-15mins easy walk), and provided us with a windup torch for negotiating the road back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gardenofengland
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

just had really comfortable stay. fabulous hostess and amazing breakfast, which was served to room....and the views were excellent, too.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed her for a few nights on my my way to the USA. I chose it after seeing it on the internet as it looked quiet and the location seemed to be just what I was after. It is well away from the main roads and situated within roaming fields. The room was fairly big and the bed was very comfortable. It also came with an en suite (which was bigger than some of the rooms I've stayed in) which included a shower. Facilities also included a built in wardrobe, A fridge, kettle and toaster as well as the usual TV.

The owners were very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed during my stay. If I ever need somewhere for a few nights on my way to the airport again, this will be my first choice, in fact it will be my only choice.

Room Tip: Clean, tidy, well furnished and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jay01380
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,361 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,108 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#1 of 2 in Elsenham
Little Hallingbury Mill
Little Hallingbury Mill
#1 of 1 in Little Hallingbury

Been to The Barn Annexe? Share your experiences!