“Two day stay”

Hilton London Stansted Airport
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Two day stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two days, we're in a deluxe room on second floor, although the room , I felt small for a deluxe room compared to some I have stayed in was adequate for our purpose. The only complaint I have was the state of the carpet, it didn't look very clean and there were stains on it. I felt the room service cost was extortionate, £3.30 for a 330ml can of coke ?? When you can get one in the lobby machine for £1.00. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast very good and staff very attentive. Would and probably will stay again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick W
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Nick W

We appreciate the time you took to review your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I was delighted to read that you found the deluxe room to meet your purpose and that you found all of our staff to be friendly and helpful. This has been shared with the team which was gratefully received.

We are very proud of the service, choice and quality of the food available from our continental and full English buffet at breakfast and I am delighted that you also enjoyed it.

There is no excuse for carpets being stained this has been addressed with the Head Housekeeper who joins me in expressing our sincere apologies.

Robert.watts@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Ok, where to start….negatives…(please read the positives too)….the car park is absolutely impossible to navigate and not a great first impression, our air-con was old and therefore needed a maintenance guy to come fix it, the building, once you get past the entrance, has a ‘budget’ feel to it and is obviously old. The pool was a bit tired, shame the waterfall didn’t work, and by mid-day had filled up with some not so pleasant overweight/middle-aged and grumpy ‘club’ members who felt they could be rude to hotel guests as the pool was theirs.

Positives, ALL STAFF - everyone from receptionists to barman to maids to 2am room service delivery guy greeted us with a smile - were extremely friendly, from the moment we arrived to when we checked out my partner, our pup and I were made to feel welcome. The hotel is very close to the airport however we did not hear one plane go past (could see them but soundproofing was excellent), hotel accepts dogs however there was no evidence such as worn or stained carpets/dog hair etc. anywhere - even the bar let you in with your (well behaved) dog, the pool area had seen better days but was a nice bonus and combined with the free late checkout (2pm) resulted in a swim and relax before our journey home.

All in all I would recommend this hotel. Yes it’s not as flashy as some of the others near the airport but the price was very reasonable, the staff were excellent, polite and welcoming and the overall experience is just what you’re looking for in an airport stopover hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear T23TGS

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I agree the signage in the hotels car park is misleading and we are currently reviewing this in order to make parking easier.

Plans are in place to replace all of the air conditioning units in the hotel which we hope to have completed by the end of the year.

As guests of the hotel you receive complimentary use of the health club facilities and I am sorry that you were not made to feel welcome by the other club users. This level of behaviour will not be tolerated and I would like to apologise for the disappointment that this caused to you.

On a positive, our LivingWell health club does provide an excellent relaxing start to a holiday or even at the end of a tiring journey.

I am delighted that the entire team made you feel welcome and that you found them to be friendly. This is the level of service our team members try and achieve each day and the team very much appreciated your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next travelling through Stansted.

Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I got to the hotel at 2:30 am and wanted to have a rest soon but when I came into my room, I found the bed was not made and a lot of dirty towels in the bath tub. I went back to the reception with my heavy luggage and asked a lady there to change room. She did it for me but never apologize for giving me the uncleaned room for the first time. It's over 3:00 am when I finally settled down.
Adding to those uncomfortable stay, 5 days later the full amount of my stay was charged AGAIN! Even though I pre-paid the room rate 2 months ago!! I guess this would happen because I asked to change room.
The price is reasonable but for this quality of service, I don't wanna pay £70.
I never thought that staying at a Hilton could became the worst part of my trip. I will never ever stay in this hotel again and I'll never choose a Hilton as long as I've got any other options.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Dear Holly446

I was concerned to learn of your experience at the hotel and that the room you were allocated had not been serviced and that you have incurred additional charges following your stay.

I would very much like the opportunity to resolve this matter with you therefore if you could contact myself directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience it would be most appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Travellers are raving about these Stansted Mountfitchet hotels

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here for one night with 15 days parking included. The receptionists were very helpful and polite and the overall feel of the hotel was good. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The aircraft noise was there in the background at times but nothing too loud. We ate in the restaurant that night and the food was quite good but too expensive for what it was. If I was using Stansted Airport again I would use this hotel.

1 Thank cuddlingcelt
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Cuddlingcelt

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I was delighted that you found the reception staff to be helpful and polite and that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant.

Our Head Housekeeper was delighted that you liked your room and found it to be clean.

Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed there three nights last week while visiting Olympic Park . Spacious clean room. Friendly staff. Food available in bar until 11pm. Nice leisure center. Good value for money with handy shuttle bus to airport.As would to be expected from a hotel located so near the airport there was a steady stream of planes taking off every few minutes close by from 6am onward. Definitely worth a visit again

Room Tip: Avoid the runway side of hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Gerryg1234

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am delighted that you found the hotel to represent good value for money and found our staff to be friendly.

Our shuttle bus does provide a hassle free and convenient service to the airport with its departures every 30 minutes from the hotel.

Northumberland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

More or less as expected (reviewing a Hilton is a bit like reviewing a McDonald's). Good bits - staff human & pleasant, place was clean and everything where you'd expect it to be. Bad bits - air con inoperative (August 4th, even in the UK this can be a problem), bed like a trampoline, having to pay for the shuttle bus (and wait 30 mins for said shuttle bus). Red Mist moment - wife opening a bottle of water in the room only to discover a label saying "£3.95. Enjoy!" once the seal had been broken. Ryanair do this sort of thing, and are despised by most people - and admired by a small minority who think this sort of corporate tawdriness is laudable business practice. Anyone from Hilton care to comment?

1 Thank PaulB1102
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear PaulB1102

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the team and our Head Housekeeper was delighted that you found the hotel to be clean.

I am really sorry that you encountered problems with your air conditioning unit and for the discomfort that this caused to you.

I am not sure what you mean by your comment the bed was like a trampoline. All of our beds and mattresses were replaced in December 2011 and are consistently inspected and where necessary replaced.

The mineral water is provided as an alternative for guests who do not wish to drink the drinking water provided in the rooms. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by this charge.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Unlike most people who stay at this hotel, I was not going anywhere near the airport, but it was a convenient place to stay after going somewhere in the area.
I was expecting it to be a bit more flash, only because it came under the Hilton name, but was actually really pleased with my stay there.
The room was a bit on the smaller side, but clean and new, and had hot drinks to make....although I didnt order room service, it seemed fairly reasonably priced mostly.

used the swimming pool, steam/sauna and jacuzzi, all of which were good....
minimal noise through the night, good balck out curtains, and a great breakfast with plenty of choice in the morning.
also got a good rate on packing , for being overnight guest (though we hadnt been aware we needed to pay for parking till we got there)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Loup65

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I was delighted to read that you found the rooms to be clean and that you enjoyed the LivingWell Health Club.

Our buffet breakfast does indeed offer a great choice of items and our Head Chef was delighted that you enjoyed this.

I am sorry that you were not aware of our car parking charges. It is normal practice for there to be charge for car parking at airport hotels. We do keep our rates under regular review and to ensure that they are competitive.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,360 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,105 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Avalon Stansted Lodge
Avalon Stansted Lodge
#1 of 2 in Elsenham

Been to Hilton London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!