“A very good airport hotel, highly recommend it”

Hilton London Stansted Airport
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A very good airport hotel, highly recommend it”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

This was my first time at the Hilton hotel at London Stansted after hearing many good reports from fellow colleagues. Overall I was generally impressed with this establishment throughout my three night stay.

Staff were very helpful both in the reception area if you had an issue, as well as in the restaurant/bar.

The room is your average hotel room in all honesty, however it boasts a nice large TV with an array of UK channels to suit everybody's tastes. Comfortable bed with a nice large desk and radio alarm clock. The bathroom is nice also with a variety of shampoos, shower gel, soaps and moisturisers provided.

I think what makes this hotel that little bit better is the food served. Breakfast was brilliant. Begins at 4am where everything is there for you. Gallons of juice, a brilliant variety of fruits, cereals and then my favourite part, the hot food. Lovely eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, toast and beans. Breakfast here is simply excellent.

The hotel also has a shuttle bus to the airport which runs from 4am every half an hour until midnight at a fairly low fee. There is also a gym which looks impressive however I did not venture in to sample it.

Food served throughout the day in the bar is also very good at a reasonable price. If you are staying overnight around Stansted, I would highly recommend the Hilton and I look forward to visiting once again in the near future.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear Genk91

We appreciate the time you took to review your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

The team and I were delighted to read your feedback and that you would highly recommend the hotel. This level of service is what our team strive to achieve on a day to day basis.

Robert.watts@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The second time I've stayed here for a training day. The hotel provides everything you need in a clean, comfortable and courteous environment. Two minor points - the bar service was slow at times and both the bedroom and the training room were a bit over-heated. Beyond that, no complaints.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear AnthonyDay

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am delighted that you found your room to be clean and comfortable.

Our Food and Beverage Manager joins me in expressing our sincere apologies for the slow service that you encountered in the bar and for the inconvenience that this caused to you.

I am sorry that you found your meeting room to be too hot at times, our Facilities Manager is taking the necessary action in order to ensure that this is rectified.

Linz, Austria
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Thought the name "Hilton" was synonymous with quality. Is this the British version of Hilton or have they added a downmarket version at cheaper rates?
Arrived in middle of snowy night. Ice and snow not cleared outside, no one on reception and no bell. Long, desolate corridors, decor dispiriting, broken chairs.
Next morning bright, vacant smiles from kid staff - the spirit evidently willing but the capacity to anticipate guests' needs evidently lacking, so no help to the hapless visitor. Predictably, taxi failed to turn up as well.
Altogether, the usual mediocre experience, in response to which one can only give thanks that one has at least risen above the avarice-driven, execrable standards of Travelodge.
If you are looking for mediocrity, this is definitely for you!

Room Tip: Try Great Hallingbury Manor instead
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hotel O
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Dear Hotel O

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am sorry that when you arrived there was no one at the reception desk to check you in and that your taxi did not arrive the next morning, this has been discussed with the Front Office Manager who joins me in expressing our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this caused to you.

Our Head Housekeeper and I were concerned that you found chairs to be broken and we will ensure that these are inspected and where necessary replaced.

We had indeed experienced a high level of snowfall and every effort was made to grit the walkways to ensure that this was safe for our guests.

Travellers are raving about these Stansted Mountfitchet hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Check in by Jackie Carter the receptionist,was efficient,she was ,very pleasant and helpful,my stay here,
was very nice,room was very clean,room warm and bed very comfortable,the food in the restaurant was,
very good,and breakfast has so much choice,and it was beautifully cooked,after my holiday to Italy I will
return to this hotel,before continuing on my journey back to Aberdeen,so keep up this standard you are all doing a great job.

Room Tip: This hotel has the most comfortable beds.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Dear Tourist186487

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel, our Head Housekeeper was pleased that you liked your room and found the beds to be comfortable.

We are very proud of how friendly and helpful our team are and Jackie was delighted with your kind comments.

Our breakfast buffet breakfast does offer an excellent variety of items and our Head chef was pleased that you liked the way that they were presented.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your return journey.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed there for one night prior to our early morning flight to Tenerife. We had booked a hotel & parking package on HolidayExtras.com for a price similar to HolidayInn Express and Premier Inn with the added benefit of being able to park directly at the hotel. That is good, yes, but the time we saved there was added by driving around the airport for about one hour before we finally found the hotel. "Take exit 8 and follow directions to the Airport, the hotel is signposted" or so were the instructions to get there. We didn't see any signposts, and even the entrance to the hotel we missed once because you read "Living well" in big letters and "hilton.co.uk" somewhere at the top of the sign which is hard to see in the rain anyway.. We spoke to another couple waiting for the shuttle bus on their return to the hotel who encountered the same problems - this needs to be addressed.
Another thing: we weighed our check-in luggage at a small cost at the hotel, 12.8 kg at the Hilton became 16.4 kg when a 100% identical case was weighed at check in by Ryanair (limit was 15 kg). So we had to re-arrange our luggage at the airport to avoid paying and extra charge..
Apart from that,based on our short stay, I cannot add too much. The room was tidy and the beds comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, so I'd give an average rating overall.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear Frielo

We appreciate the time taken to review your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am pleased that you found our park and fly package which includes on site car parking at the hotel for the duration of your holiday to be good.

I was concerned to learn that you encountered problems in locating the hotel and that the directions provided were incorrect. As a result of your feedback I have asked for these to be reviewed and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this caused to you.

On a positive our Head Housekeeper was delighted that you liked your room and found the beds to be comfortable.

I have shared your kind comments regarding the staff being helpful and friendly with the team which were gratefully received.

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Stayed here on Friday 28th Jan 2013, Just before our holiday to Austria we booked a stay and park which was great as it was only a few minutes bus ride away from the terminal.
The room was very nice although it was a little to warm as we could not turn the heating below18c but apart from that lovely.
We ate in the hotel restaurant and I have to say the food was great the steak which I had was cooked to my likings as was my wife's..
Nice swimming pool which had a sauna but I opted for the steam room which was nice..

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Mark01728

I was delighted to read that you found the park and fly package to be great this really does provide a hassle free start to your holiday with the overnight accommodation and the shuttle bus provides a hassle free transfer to the airport the following day.

Our Head Chef was pleased that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant and that the steak was to your liking.

The Livingwell health club provides a relaxing start to your holiday with the swimming pool, sauna and steam room and our 24 hour gym. I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities.

I am sorry that you found your room to be too warm and that you were unable to adjust the temperature. I would like to apologise for any discomfort that this caused to your stay.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Stayed here a few times now, and found it to be a really good hotel, rooms are nice, although a bit small for Hilton standard, they are clean and tidy, the bathroom's are also very clean with a powerful shower (something I always like in a hotel),

I have stayed a the back of the hotel each time i stayed and found the aircraft to be loud, (this did not bother me been a pilot, but may not be nice for people staying for extended times)

Room Service was very nice and always hot,
Staff were friendly and helpful.
I am sure I will be staying here again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Sean00100

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

Our head housekeeper was delighted that you liked your room and that you found this to be nice and clean with a powerful shower. Your feedback was shared with the team and your comments were gratefully received.

Our Head Chef was pleased that you enjoyed the food that you received from room service.

I am delighted that you found the staff to be really friendly and that overall you found this to be a really good hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Travelodge Stansted Bishops Stortford Hotel

Been to Hilton London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!