“Great place to stay and leave your car”

Novotel London Stansted Airport
Reviewed 15 February 2013

If you're looking for a hotel to stay at overnight before flying out of Stansted Airport, then I can thoroughly recommend the Hilton Hotel. It is very reasonably priced, has plenty of on site parking and is a very nice hotel. We ate in the restaurant attached to the bar which was good, but quite expensive (£15 for a cheese burger and fries). Watch out for the wine, they have a good selection, but at £9.40 for a glass of Chardonnay I thought this was expensive (I wish I had noticed this before my wife had had two glasses!). The rooms are good and very clean, although the double bed was quite small. In the morning we took the bus to the airport, which was less than a ten minute journey for £2 per head. All in all a great place to stay and leave your car whilst away, particularly as the police patrol the car park regularly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike11186368
StanstedManager, General Manager at Novotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Mike11186368

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be reasonably priced and that you would recommend the hotel as a stopover for an early morning flight. Our park and fly package makes the start of your holiday hassle free.

Our Head Housekeeper was pleased that you liked your room and found it to be clean.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the food you received we do keep our prices under constant review in order to ensure that they are competitive.

Overall, I am delighted that you found the hotel to be a great place to stay.

There are newer reviews for Novotel London Stansted Airport

Reviewed 15 February 2013

My partner and I stayed here for an evening before an early flight. Not the worst hotel in the world, but not up to the standard we expected from a Hilton.

From the bathroom (with limescale on the shower), to the room itself (with mouldy windows and the bed that squeaked at the tiniest movement) the whole place was a bit shabby.

The fact it's got a swimming pool was great, but like the hotel, it's a bit shabby round the edges - the changing rooms are especially dated and a bit grotty.

A minor, but irritating gripe: the TV offers very few channels. Fewer than Freeview. Considering Freeview is...free, why give us less, chaps and chappettes at the Hilton? Hate to sound like a couch potato, but the Stansted Parkway area isn't teeming with much else to do!

Room Tip: While not a great hotel, combined with the parking, it's pretty good value.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Max B

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am glad to learn that you found the hotel to be good value however, I was concerned to read your feedback regarding the standard of the room you were allocated. There is no excuse for poor levels of cleanliness and this has been addressed with the Head Housekeeper who joins me in expressing our sincere apologies.

Also, our Health Club Manager was concerned to read your feedback regarding the changing rooms and the necessary corrective action has been taken.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Since my first review, we have stayed at Hilton Stansted Airport three more times. I have found no problems. The rooms we have been given were clean and well maintained. Although you could hear the aircraft noise it was not too excessive and didn't cause any problems. The last stay in January we were given a free room upgrade. (Gold card member). On Christmas day we were given tokens for a free drink in the bar (not used, don't drink), The following day were given a free exit from the car park. Thank you Hilton. Will be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick W
StanstedManager, General Manager at Novotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Nick W

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel over the festive season and that you found your room to be clean and well maintained. I have shared your kind comments with the team which were gratefully received.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed there for a few hours before my flight with the lads, just like pretty much anyone else that stays at this sort of hotel. For what it is, it is good. It is hard to give a deep review of a place that is used just for a few hours of sleep. It has facilities to use if you have time, it has a bar/restaurant area and it is around 15 minutes from the airport by a bus that picks you up just outside for £2. The room was clean and comfortable enough, maybe a bit too small if i had to be picky but really you can't unless you are staying more than one night for some reason. Staff were friendly too.

I paid around £40 for a night for 2 people, which isn't too bad in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Norman_bates_82

We appreciate the time you took to review your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

The hotel provides an excellent location for a stopover the night before that early morning flight or if you are returning late. For other TripAdvisor readers to clarify the shuttle bus journey is 6 minutes from the terminal building to the hotel.

I am pleased that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and that our staff were friendly.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

If you are arriving by car the first challenge is to find the hotel. The Radisson Blu and Holiday Inn are well signposted but there are no signs off the airport approach road from the M11 for the Hliton. You have to know that you follow the signs for Long Stay Parking, and when you have left the approach road you then see a sign for the hotel. Not very useful.

I commented on this problem when I reached the reception desk. I am a Hilton Silver Honors holder but the receptionist had clearly not smiled for some weeks. A very off-hand level of service and I was already starting to wonder why I'd chosen the Hilton over the even more convenient (for the airport) Radisson.

The room was fine, very clean and a reasonable size. There was an iron. Wifi was the usual extortionate £14 for 24 hours even though I was only there for eight. The car park was only £6. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom area was spotless. Not the most powerful of showers.

I slept well and went down to breakfast at 7am. They start serving breakfast at 4am! I have to say that breakfast was superb. A very nice welcome from the staff, instant orange juice and tea, and a very wide range of food. The chef kept walking up and down the hot food counter to check that the tureens were full and tossing the bacon etc to make sure it did not burn. Faultless.

Overall it's another airport hotel, and I doubt that many people will stay in it for more than one or two nights. Breakfast more than redeemed a frosty reception. But please Mr. Hilton, put a sign on the main approach road. It's actually better than Average but not quite Very Good.

1  Thank Scott408
StanstedManager, General Manager at Novotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Scott408

The breakfast team and the chefs were delighted to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and found them to be welcoming this is something that we are very proud of and your comments were gratefully received.

Our Head Housekeeper and I were pleased that you found the beds to be comfortable and the room to be clean.

I am sorry that you encountered problems in locating the hotel. We are in the process of reviewing the signage on the main highways and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this caused to you.

I was concerned to learn of the service that you received from the receptionist as we pride ourselves in the friendliness of our staff and therefore was not a true reflection of our usual high standards of service.

All Hilton hotels in the UK offer complimentary wireless internet access in all of the public areas. However, should guests choose to access the internet in their room a charge is applied.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

This place is always good value. Decent staff. Plane noise is more than perhaps it should be. Breakfast is typical Hilton plenty of parking available. Got my upgrade as a VIP so happy with that. Close to London and those I reachable towns such as Colchester

Room Tip: Keep checking the rates as they went down so I rebooked at the lower rate

Dear Rjohnmurray

I was delighted to read that hotel provided as a good location for the towns you were visiting and represented good value for money.

I am pleased that as a Hilton Honours member you were upgraded and received your VIP amenities.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Friendly check in staff. Room is pretty good, but bathroom looks a bit tired as is the swimming pool and changing rooms.

Bar and restaurant is nice but service disappointing. My order was forgotten, I reminded the manager after about 20 minutes. 20 minutes later he came to tell me the chef had cooked the wrong dish. After another 15 minutes or so the meal arrived with apologies from the manager and a promise of a complimentary dessert. The meal was fine, however the manger studiously avoided me for the rest of my time in the restaurant. I never got the desert!

Good enough value for money though..

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side away from planes taking off.
1  Thank ZZZZZZZZZZZIrl

Dear ZzzzzzzzzzzIrl

Thank you posting a review following your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I was most concerned to learn of the service that you encountered at dinner in the restaurant and the delay that you encountered in receiving your meal. Please be assured that this has been addressed with the team as this level of service is unacceptable and I would like to apologise for the disappointment that this caused to your meal.

I have discussed your feedback regarding the overall condition of the swimming pool area and the changing rooms in the LivingWell Health Club and we are in the process of making improvements since your stay at the hotel.

On a positive I am pleased that you found our check in staff to be friendly and that your room was good.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Hampton By Hilton London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to Novotel London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!