“Excellent”

Novotel London Stansted Airport
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel was a really great experience for me.
I was here for work and I had a really good time.

All staff members are extremely kind and helpful. They really take care of their costumers.

Rooms are nice, tidy and cosy, with almost no noise disturbance, comfortable beds and well organized spaces.
There is wifi, a gym, a swimming pool and a sauna all available anytime.

Breakfast is very rich and varyies from english to french ingredients, savoury and sweet as you prefer.

Dinner as well is very well organized and tasty.
Very kind and pleasant waiters/waitresses, for a not expensive price.

Shuttle bus from the airport is as well very efficient, even though it costs something extra. I believe that it should be included in the rooms' price.

There is also a vending machine very useful if you forget basic stuff like toothbrush, tooth paste, swimming suite, comb etc..

Staff are very open minded and probably not obsessed by PROCEDURES as most of the british are.
If there is any problem or special request I had a feeling that it gets dealed with rather than being ignored as "there is no procedure for that".

An excellent + to my fantastic stay here!

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor and there was nothing to complain about.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
StanstedManager, General Manager at Novotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Luca B

We appreciate the time you took to review your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I have shared your kind comments with the team which were gratefully received. Our team strive to provide a high level of service every day and I am pleased that you find this to be the case.

Karan.sobti@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I won't go into details but our stay here was not good. The plus side however is that the staff are friendly, helpful and willing to right any wrongs.

If you are fussy about beds or room temperature - give it a miss. Otherwise not bad value for proximity to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peddiepuffkins
Dear Peddiepuffkins

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am sorry to learn that you were somewhat dissatisfied with your stay at the hotel. If I could please ask for a further few minutes of your time to contact me so I can resolve this with you directly.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

there was excessive noise due to renovation, there were low quality almost 70's style rooms, tired staff covering for the hotel chain, no pre-warning of conditions, we would not have stayed if we knew, we will not be going back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Tonsils1940

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am sorry for the noise that you experienced during your stay due to the refurbishment of our bar, restaurant, lobby and reception areas. I would like to apologise that you were not made aware of this prior to your stay.

Our Head Housekeeper was disappointed that you did not like your room and would like to join me in apologising for any discomfort that this caused to your stay.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Stansted Mountfitchet hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I really don't want to write a really negative review for the Hilton but unfortunately, I have to point out that this hotel is a sub-standard cheap hotel wearing a Hilton Badge, like most of the reviews on Tripadvisor we were planning an early start as it was very close to the Airport and wanted a decent nights sleep before our 4:30 am start but unfortunately, this didn't happen, manly due to the fact that the mattress was very old and worn and was the most uncomfortable bed i've ever experienced and think that its terrible that this Hotel is getting every single last penny/guest out of the worn bed before replacing it!
The room service was very highly priced so we expected noting but some well cooked 'good' food but yet again we were extremely disappointed with both the 55 minute wait and below average quality. To top off everything else after we checked out, we asked reception to have the ticket validated for the car park exit and were told that we had to pay extra £8 to exit the hotels car park. Shame on you Hilton Stansted!
To the hotel manager, please don't write an excuse or take time out to reply to my poor review because you deserved it. Please start thinking about your guests stay and not how much money you can get out of them while at your hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James W
StanstedManager, General Manager at Novotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Bigham100

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I would like to apologise for the shortcomings that you experienced during your stay.

If I could ask for a further few minutes of your time to contact me at the hotel directly so I can resolve this matter with you.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Storrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

How things have changed. Hilton was once a respected name in the hotel world: sadly this is no more. Aside from the work in progress which I was aware of and can overlook, the hotel falls short of the standards set by Premier Inn. Nice staff and dog are accepted (with a stern declaration that has to be signed upon arrival), but little else to commend. The rooms on the ground floor are near to the car parking and rental company offices which are obviously smoked in by some of the staff. The rooms are noisy and small. Good food, but expensive and an average breakfast. Watch out for extras such as chargeable wifi and parking. Overall a below par experience.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A319
Dear A319

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport

I would like to apologise for the discomfort that you experienced during your stay. I have discussed your feedback regarding the bed in your room with our Facilities Manager.

I am concerned to learn that the corridor by your room smelt of smoke as this is unacceptable.

On a positive, I am pleased that you found the staff to be nice and that you liked the food.

Zutphen
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Restaurant is due to the renovation in a large meeting room. A bit of lack of atmosphere.
I noticed that the menu is downsized. Staff at diner had trouble noticing me. After ordering my meal it took more than 30 min before the mean course arrived. After finishing my meal it took 40 min. before i decided to leave. My table wasnt served anymore! At the counter i had to tell the waitress were i was seated. Other customers were served promptly. Staff needs a bit of training in attentivenes. 5 more weeks of renovation.
Overall the hotel is OK. Bit run down but the beds are good. TV is a flat screen but no digital.
I had to be one day in central London and for the first time I decided to try the busservice from National Express from Stansted to Liverpool Street Station. It was a good promptly service for only GBP6 one way. Drie time about 1h15 min.
The shuttle from Stansted to the hotel costs you GBP 2.50 one way. The bus is very old and rundown. Some benches are removed and broken and the drivers are grumpy. Not Hilton worthy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Diemel

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I was concerned to read that you encountered a delay in receiving your food and that the service was not of our usual high level. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this caused to you.

Please be assured that the condition of the shuttle bus and the driver being grumpy has been discussed with the Manager of the shuttle bus company in order for this to be rectified.

Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a very nice Hilton that is extremely convenient to Stansted and was a great value during my stay. I flew into Heathrow from the US and had to make my way to the other side of London for the next day's activities. I had business in Harlow and found this to be the best hotel value in the area and also the easiest to use in terms of logistics. It was easy to get a bus from Heathrow to Stansted and then pick up the shuttle (for £2.50) for a short ride to the Hilton. The location was a bit isolated but I expected this. Nonetheless, it would be good to be aware that there are no restaurants to which one can walk leaving only the hotel restaurant as an option unless you want to go back to the airport or take a taxi someplace. Upon pulling up, the exterior of the hotel struck me as a bit outdated. The interior also showed a bit of age. But these were indeed the only small drawbacks as every other aspect of the hotel was quite positive. Every member of the staff with whom I interacted was very cordial and helpful. The lobby was undergoing renovation but they worked around it well. My room was adequately spacious and clean while the décor was reasonably up to date. The amenities, including the WiFi, worked quite well during my stay. The bed was comfortable allowing for a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was satisfying offering a very good hot and cold selection. In the morning, I was able to check my luggage and get back to Stansted to catch a train to Harlow. I then came back to fetch my luggage and get a bus back to Heathrow. It was indeed very convenient for my needs. In all, this hotel served me well and my stay was quite pleasant. It was extremely convenient to Stansted and that allowed me several transportation options that were very useful to me. I should also add that the price was quite reasonable for a Hilton as it was about £105 VAT included.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
StanstedManager, General Manager at Novotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Debbie K

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to represent good value for money and found our location to be ideal for Harlow.

I have shared your kind comments regarding the staff with the team which were gratefully received.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next travelling through Stansted.

Robert Watts
Hotel Manager
Robert.watts@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Travelodge Stansted Bishops Stortford Hotel

Been to Novotel London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!