“Good overnight stay......” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hilton London Stansted Airport
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good overnight stay......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I stayed on two seperate nights in July and to be honest we were not amazed, but found it quite acceptable. There was little noise from aircraft and the rooms were comfortable.
My wife found the gym and pool a great relaxing point.

Positives - Sonya, the food and beverages supervisor, was an absolute star. Awlays attentive and polite. The same can't be said for Bogi, the bar tender, who was positively rude. I know the staff are busy, but that's not acceptable.

Negatives - I would prefer the shuttle bus to be free, rather than having to find £2.50 each before boarding, even if they increased the price of the room slightly. The bar menu is not available during peak evening mealtimes, virtually forcing you to have more expensive alternatives from the restaurant menu.

All in all, two very relaxing stays. Worth checking out.

Room Tip: Choose a room toward the back of the hotel, as its away from the runway noise, albeit unintrusive.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank andy d
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Andy D

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am pleased that you both liked your room and your wife found the LivingWell Health Club to be relaxing.

I have shared your kind comments with Soniya which were gratefully received.

Your feedback regarding the service you received from Bogi is not representative of her usual high standard of service and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that this caused to you.

The decision to charge a nominal amount each way for the bus service is consistent with similar airport shuttle bus services at other locations. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by this charge.

Robert.watts@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Shepley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The staff here are great and are an asset to the Hilton franchise! All very good and helpful! One thing which also commends the hotel is the quality of the food so a big thanks to the kitchen brigade never had a poor evening meal ever! Great to see Carol back. Once again thanks to the team.

Room Tip: Try and book rooms ending in 29-45 as they are towards the back of the hotel slightly less aircraft...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank RiojaRevenger
Dear Gerard D

We appreciate the time you took to review your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

Your feedback is representative of the level of service the team strive to achieve every day. It is indeed a delighted to have Carol back and your kind comments have been shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next travelling through Stansted.

Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the first time we've stayed at the Hilton at Stansted and based on our recent one night stay and parking for 15 days, we will be back! Excellent check-in by polite, efficient and helpful receptionist. The room was great, well equipped, we had everything we needed for a comfortable evening and night. We had dinner in the restaurant and that too was superb. The service was good and the food delicious. We had a good nights sleep before our early morning departure to the airport. The hotel bus left on time, very efficient. We felt comfortable leaving our car parked on the hotel site during our holiday and it was easy to retrieve on our return. Top marks!

Cleanliness
1 Thank Altea88
Dear Altea88

I was pleased to read that you were completely satisfied with your stay at the hotel from checking in to dining in the restaurant at dinner. Your feedback has been shared with the team which was gratefully received.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the Stansted area.

Amarante, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The staff in the hotel individually deserve awards. Each person was attentive and concerned. Whoever is in charge of staff training deserves a prize! Reception and check in 10/10. Restaurant 8/10. It was the world cup final and started to get busy. Service was slow and I think needed more hands on deck! Having said that the food was excellent. Breakfast was ok but not as good as a Novotel I had stayed at the night before. Room was well appointed. The depth of the bath made it a little difficult to step into. I recently had knee surgery and have a bad back. I had a problem with my room and I was IMMEDIATELY moved to a different room. The whole process of dealing with my complaint was efficiently and politely dealt with and a 100% satisfactory solution offered. No hesitation to stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Paul M

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you will look to stay with us again in the future.

I am glad that the team quickly resolved the problem with your room and was resolved to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Towcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were flying at lunch time the next day, but decided to relax slowly into the long w/e (this was Wednesday!) with a night before we left to ensure no holdups on the motorway, and get the airport parking sorted out. So parking was the main deal and it worked well. Paid £80 for B & B in the hotel and 5 days parking - you can'y knock that!
The hotel was slightly old fashioned, felt as if it went back to the 80's. The reception had been "done up", but there were tell tail signs of the age of the hotel all over the place. Evening meal was about right and at about the right price. Nothing special, but nothing to complain about.
The hotel bus got us to the airport fine, but we were left with the impression that the driver would really have preferred not to be inconvenienced by passengers. His job would have been a great one without them.
The staff we chatted to were friendly and helpful. The hotel had a sort of Essex feel (judging from the other guests), for better and for worst. But then it is in Essex!
The hotel is actually in a horrible place, the far corner of the long stay car park, but all of this is cleverly shielded by trees and bushes and so there is little impression of this, or the nearby M11 from the hotel. So it works!

Room Tip: Nothing obvious.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StanstedManager, General Manager at Hilton London Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Returner236

I am glad that you found out park and fly package to represent good value for money.

I was concerned to read of the service you encountered from the shuttle bus driver and it has been discussed with the manager of the shuttle bus company.

On a positive, I am glad you found the staff to be friendly.

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My flight into Stansted was late so I had missed the lasts bus to the hotel (I believe they finish at 1am), so I had to pay a painful £12 for a taxi. The staff on the desk were quite rude and clearly didn't want to be there. The place is very tired and dated, rooms are pretty grim. The bed linen was actually dirty (not sure if it was just stained/old) but I was just too tired to complain at the time. Won't be staying here again - the Raddison Blu is better.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Olivia L

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am sorry that you missed the last bus which departs at 1am. We do advise that guests take a taxi after this time which are available from the main arrivals hall.

Our Head Housekeeper joins me in expressing our sincere apologies, there is no excuse for dirty bed linen and this has been addressed with the team.

Travellers are raving about these Stansted Mountfitchet hotels

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Hmmm.. where to start..
I was flying to aarhus with Ryanair in early morning of 6th July so had to choose an airport hotel at Statnsted.. I saw hilton for 95, and as my experience has been good with them in past, so I decided to for them against ramada & premeier inn next door.

but soon after booking a pop up came on screen with priceline.com offering the same hotel for 69.44. I felt short changed as I had booked directly with them but I knew they give price gaurantee so dropped an email to which they responded that they cant find the lower price.. to which i responded with direct link and print screen.. which they chose to ignore... WOW.. Hilton just to save $50 in price match... anyways as it was last day i booked it via priceline and am still waiting for the hilton to repond to me....

And my stay has been non event.. room was too basic & small even for a airport motel. airport shuttle is chargable and as someone else pointed out checkin/out is lengthy as loads of ppl come withs shuttle and they dont have enough staff to help.

SO dont expect any Hilton service, if that is what you are after... it is a cheap airport motel, unless you are just looking to brag that you stayed at Hilton...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Imdabs

I am sorry that a member of the Hilton team did not get back to you regarding your Best Rate Guarantee Claim. I have asked for a member of the team to contact you regarding this.

All of the bedrooms are a standard size and I am sorry that they did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback regarding the delay that you encountered at check in has been shared with the Front Office Manager who joins me in expressing our sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,266 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,050 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Little Hallingbury Mill
Little Hallingbury Mill
#1 of 1 in Little Hallingbury

Been to Hilton London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!