As other reviewers have stated, not exactly the best Hilton around. The reception was everything you expect from a Hilton: clean, inviting and having that high quality hotel smell. The staff were polite and very helpful. Our keycard did not work but we were quickly issued with another card without fuss.
The breakfast was really good and everything you need before flying.
The main disappointment with this Hotel is the rooms; I would describe them as bog-standard. You expect something special with Hilton and what you get is a Premier Inn. This is okay, as I love Premier Inn but this time I paid for the Hilton. There is nothing wrong with the rooms, they are quite clean, comfortable and the shower is good. Room aircon works well and you get a comfortable nights sleep. This is all you need from an airport Hotel but I guess the room seem at odds with the rest of the Hotel, which is of a much higher standard.
Finding a car parking space was difficult as the hotel car park is rented-out to travelers via Pink Elephant Parking (worth knowing if you are booking parking as well). As with all Hilton Hotels you have to pay for wifi (a poor show when Hilton give such good service in almost all other areas). High speed wifi is also available through BTOpenZone so if you have access to this (all Orange, EE, T-Mobile and BT customers) then no worries.
In summary, I’d recommend this Hotel but I don’t think it is set apart from many of the others. If you want to save a few quid, book a cheaper Hotel as you are not missing out on much. If you are looking for great rooms then book another expensive hotel as this is not as good as most Hiltons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Novotel London Stansted Airport ideally located near the terminal and just a 30 minute train ride from central London. The airport offers a regular shuttle service to and from the terminal building. Enjoy spacious and airy bedrooms with a separate work area and flat screen TV. Relax in our bar with garden terrace or restaurant serving a variety of international dishes. After a long day, energize in the fitness centre available 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel London Stansted Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Stansted Airport Hotel Stansted
- Hilton International Stansted
- Hilton Stansted
- Stansted Hilton
- Novotel London Stansted Airport Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex