“Okay, as airport hotels go”

Novotel London Stansted Airport
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As other reviewers have stated, not exactly the best Hilton around. The reception was everything you expect from a Hilton: clean, inviting and having that high quality hotel smell. The staff were polite and very helpful. Our keycard did not work but we were quickly issued with another card without fuss.

The breakfast was really good and everything you need before flying.

The main disappointment with this Hotel is the rooms; I would describe them as bog-standard. You expect something special with Hilton and what you get is a Premier Inn. This is okay, as I love Premier Inn but this time I paid for the Hilton. There is nothing wrong with the rooms, they are quite clean, comfortable and the shower is good. Room aircon works well and you get a comfortable nights sleep. This is all you need from an airport Hotel but I guess the room seem at odds with the rest of the Hotel, which is of a much higher standard.

Finding a car parking space was difficult as the hotel car park is rented-out to travelers via Pink Elephant Parking (worth knowing if you are booking parking as well). As with all Hilton Hotels you have to pay for wifi (a poor show when Hilton give such good service in almost all other areas). High speed wifi is also available through BTOpenZone so if you have access to this (all Orange, EE, T-Mobile and BT customers) then no worries.

In summary, I’d recommend this Hotel but I don’t think it is set apart from many of the others. If you want to save a few quid, book a cheaper Hotel as you are not missing out on much. If you are looking for great rooms then book another expensive hotel as this is not as good as most Hiltons.

Room Tip: Unless they have had a refurb since this review, just go for bog-standard as you will not get much e...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen S
StanstedManager, General Manager at Novotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Stephen S

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport in May.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with the room you were allocated and did not meet your expectations.

Our breakfast buffet does provide an excellent way to start the day with breakfast being served from 4am offering a range of hot and cold items.

During peak periods our car park does operate at full capacity and I am sorry that you found it difficult to find a space.

On a positive, I am pleased that you like dthe reception area and found the staff to be polite.

Robert.watts@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,347)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel with very comfortable beds. It can be pricey particularly if you don't use any of the facilities like there excellent fitness room, but if your leaving your car there it is very good value for money. Shuttle bus to the airport is always punctual. If you have problems walking it can be a bit of a trek to your room from the reception, particularly if you are parking the car as there is no drop of point and you have to visit the car twice to place the parking permit.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Jeff P

Dear Jeff P

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am pleased to read that you felt we were an excellent hotel and that you had a comfortable stay with us.

Our Park and Fly packages do offer excellent value for money and as you mention the shuttle bus provides a prompt transfer to the airport.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was quite a convenient hotel to stay in. The staff in reception were very friendly and the room was equipped with the usual tea/coffee service, good towels good toiletries. The carpet was a little too worn for my liking, but it wasn't the end of the world. Wifi was free in the room, which was a plus. It was, however, rather noisy. The sound of planes taking off could easily be heard through the window and I had to sleep with earplugs. Another slight disadvantage was the shuttle bus. It left only every 30 minutes and you could not book a place, so it was first come, first served. This was o.k. for me as my flight was not at a busy time, but I imagine peak times might be stressful: I'd worry that I wouldn't get a place on the bus. The bus also cost 2.50 each way. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel so I can't comment on that, however, I would be happy to come back again.

1  Thank quince-essence
StanstedManager, General Manager at Novotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Quince-Essence

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am glad that you found the reception team members to be friendly and that you liked your room.

Our Head Housekeeper was concerned to read that the carpet was worn in your room and joins me in expressing our sincere apologies. However, I am pleased that you liked the amenities and toiletries provided.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Good quality, quiet and comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Close enough to the airport to be convenient but not too loud. Ideal for an early start. Room had good amenities and an iron inside by standard ideal for business.

Dear Sbangsuk

I was pleased to read that the hotel was ideal for your overnight stay prior to your early start and found our location to be convenient for the airport.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next travelling through Stansted.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We booked the hotel on Late Rooms under the mystery hotel.
The price included airport parking, which was a bonus. The airport bus was outside at 04.30am The hotel was very clean and well run.
Thank you.

Room Tip: If booking for 2 guests, state whether you require a double room, we were given a twin.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paulene B
StanstedManager, General Manager at Novotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Pauline B

We appreciate you reviewing your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night to catch an early morning flight. We arrived just before lunch to drop off our bags. We were told we couldn't check in early unless we wanted to pay a fee. So even though our room was clearly available we left our bags with the clerk and headed back into London. The shuttle was useful and frequent and cost £2.50 per person one way. When we finally checked in later that night our room was a good size with modern decor. However it smelled quite badly of cigarettes. Also if we wanted to use WiFi that would cost us £15. Seriously? Even Starbucks has free WiFi. Thus far, of all the hotels we've stayed at through Europe, this was the only one without free WiFi. If we needed a hotel at the airport again we'd try somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cheets W

We appreciate the time you took to review your recent stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am sorry that you were unable to check in early and I am pleased that the team stored your bags whilst you were in London.

It is unacceptable for rooms to smell of smoke and the Head Housekeeper joins me in expressing our sincere apologies for the discomfort that this caused to your stay.

We do offer complimentary wireless internet access in all of our public areas. However, there is a charge for using the WiFi in the guest rooms.

I hope that you will feel able to choose the hotel for your accommodation requirements in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. As my flight arrived after midnight, I was not sure whether the shuttle bus would be running. The taxi fare cost me £12 but was quick and easy. Check in was quick and efficient and the rooms are clean and comfortable. My only suggestion would be to ask for a room which is not near a door. I was at the end of a corridor and early in the morning the door kept banging as people were moving around the hotel. Other than that, I had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear KBHK

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Hilton London Stansted Airport.

I am pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us and it was ideal place to stay for your late flight in.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Hampton By Hilton London Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to Novotel London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!