“Birthday Celebrations for Tups and Mark!”
Review of Linden House

Linden House
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We are VERY lucky to have this lovely small Boutique Hotel 5 miles down the road.....We had a wonderful evening with the whole family Last Saturday 19th October, and the Staff were very attentive especially Kamil who looked after us beautifully from start to finish.......this sort of service is the icing on the Cake!....will be back pronto...... and highly recommend the Food and Bedrooms too...great buzzy atmosphere too boot!!.....Thank

Room Tip: Have only seen the Rooms, not stayed in them, but my son did and all was very good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We were flying from Stansted and decided to extend our holiday. It actually made all the difference as we had none of the usual rush to get to the airport. We had a very good evening meal, the service was a little slow but we were not in a hurry. Our room was delightful, beautifully decorated, comfortable and very high on our list great value at £90. The taxi to the airport the next morning took all of 15 mins....couldn't be more convenient.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I had dinner here with my family for sunday lunch, we had booked a table but were not seated for 45 minutes ( the resturant was half empty). The meun was very disappointing with no vegertation starter or any dish on set menu, the waiter did offer to make another dish but the food that came was disappointing, I will say one thing the chocolate mouse was out of this world. Overall the food was'nt great nor was the service but the resturant looks lovely but I feel over priced

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Burton33
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We ate here as part of a group of 9 for a celebratory lunch. The food was outstanding and certainly a cut above anything else locally, the service was slow but as we do not get together often so this was not an issue until one of the main courses was not brought out with the others and there was a gap of over 5 minutes and some sharp words before it was rectified. To be fair to the staff they accepted the failing, did not quibble about the suggested recompense for this and thereafter the service improved substantially. The deserts menu was to die for and they have an option of a taster portion of every one of the deserts for sharing for double the price of a single desert, much to the interest of the children this includes a crème soda which is carbonated at the table. This is the best desert I have had in this country bar none and is worth going for this alone. I will put the service down to a “blip” and it was well recovered so don’t let this put you off.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
SFos11, General Manager at Linden House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Many thanks for your review. I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your food and the quirky dessert.

We do apologise for the less than perfect service you experienced on Saturday. Our customers generally enjoy exemplary levels of service but unfortunately on this occasion, an unexpectedly busy lunch and staff shortages resulted in a slow service.

We sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed one night, in room 3 , the huge roll top bath was just the ticket after along drive though bank holiday traffic. They don't normally do room service, but I asked, & they did, very helpful , particularly because I was knackered & traveling with a baby in tow. My stress levels were through the roof trying to find the place through, & I did get a little arsey on the phone when I couldn't get some clear directions, confusion over the fact there are two pubs nearby with the same name, but all was forgotten on arrival. After running a huge bath ( great free bubbles & shampoo etc), I had a g & t in hand, was floating, literally, in the huge bath, watching corrie...all my stresses a distance memory! Lots of lovely fluffy towels, & dressing gowns. Lots of luxury freebies, great tea, hot choc, free water & even fresh milk in the nearby fridge. Exceeded my expectation totally. I have paid four times the amount of this place in central London for practically the same luxury touches.

Food was amazing too, worth the moolar. I can recommend the potted scrimps & steak. They even put together a risotto for the baba! Thank you.

I must also say how helpful all the staff are here. From booking the hotel with Chris, the chap couldn't do enough to help me as I had a complicated weekend to plan prior to flying from stanstead. This guy knows his stuff, & ever found me a hotel to leave my car for the week I was abroad, as they don't have parking here. Just a shame I could have stayed 2 nights here, & left my car somewhere too.

The staff helped me with me luggage from the car, & the chef even made a special visit a breakfast, all staff very helpful. Breakfast was lovely, waitress couldn't do enough to help me & my messy baby!

Would I stop again, yes 100%! Other hotels need to look, admire & learn to the attention to detail at this place. It should be standard practice , but so often isn't in this industry.....total value for money too, really considering the other faulty tower experiences I have paid for in the past! Particularly the night after...see next review from me, complete opposite experience!

My only one negative was the busy, noisy road! Not a lot can be down about that, particularly, as it was a hot night, & I wanted the window open.

Well done Linden house, 5 gold stars here! Don't change a thing guys....you are sexy & you know it!!!

Room Tip: 3⃣ Was huge & had the massive bath! 🎉But next to the road 😱. But still prefect, & surprisi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma B
SFos11, Owner at Linden House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Emma B

Thanks so much for the glowing review. The entire team works really hard to exceed our guests' expectations and it's so rewarding when we get such great feedback. We sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Slightly confused about the two pubs nearby with the same name ... as far as I know, the nearest Linden House is in central London!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before, it keeps getting better. I booked a standard room for 2 nights, my birthday. The room was upgraded to a superior room upon arrival, the room I booked was great, this was better. The staff are genuinely excellent and really do care, nothing is too much trouble, my partner lost a valuable bracelet and was quite upset, she reported it to a member of staff, the bracelet was found and returned. The food is excellent, chateaubriand for to, beautiful and value for money, the breakfasts are fantastic. A 5 minute walk to a mainline railway station, Liverpool street 45 minutes away, £3.00 parking all day. Stanstead Mountfitchet is lovely. All in all, the best place to stay when visiting London. (IMHO)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

A delight sitting on the terrace - a warm evening - nice bottle of LPR - GREAT !!!...
slowish service BUT we were outside - so ill give em that one !!!

Excellent food... apart from the smallest steak in the world !!! The boss said her "Ray" was amazing - she is not easily pleased !!!

I dont feel like i can jump up and down - run around singing its praises,.. and im not sure why because it was good - very good !!! BUT NOT "anything to write home about" - so this will be a short review..

Food excellent - although my fillet steak was the smallest in the world !!!
Service very good - BUT a little slow
GREAT price !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Hampton By Hilton London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Avalon Stansted Lodge
Avalon Stansted Lodge
#1 of 2 in Elsenham
2 mi away
Novotel London Stansted Airport
Novotel London Stansted Airport
#3 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet

Been to Linden House? Share your experiences!