Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
US$89
US$83
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
US$120
US$98
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
Linden House(Stansted Mountfitchet)
US$107
  • Bar/Lounge
US$82
Chimneys Guest House(Stansted Mountfitchet)
TripAdvisor
The Barn Annexe(Stansted Mountfitchet)
TripAdvisor
The Mill House Stansted(Stansted Mountfitchet)
TripAdvisor
The Old Bell Hotel(Stansted Mountfitchet)
4,717 results
All reviewswine towercovered walkwaywine angelsnew york grillitalian restaurantan early flightwine barunder coverbusiness roomshort walk to the terminalstansted airportmini barterminal buildingbar areanext morningcar parkwake up call
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Check in was interesting. Was told the price of my stay loudly but forgot to tell me which way to go for my room or where and what time breakfast is served.

Lobby is stylish, as are the rooms (stayed in 5 'Urban' and rejected the 1 'Ocean' in 2 weeks). Beds were big and comfy, great lighting and the furnitures quite nice. There's tea and coffee, and even had extra room for my own stuff in the mini-bar fridge! Bathroom/room amenities all good. The air-con was a bit loud though and not very efficient. I woke up several times feeling hot under the duvet. I did resort to leaving a key card in the slot when I leave the room but that didn't make much difference.

There's a gym, swimming pool with a small sauna and steam room which is okay but nothing fantastic.

Bar prices are not bad. Only paid a few pence more in comparison to the airport bar. You also get waiter service and a nice portion of mixed nuts for free. Oh and there's an interesting wine tower with an 'angel' for the boys. Did remind me more of a pole-dancer/acrobat than an angel though.

As for dining - it was very expensive! they charge £15 for a pasta carbonara or £20 for a burger. I do think they are taking advantage of the fact that there is nowhere else to eat around here (no restaurants at the airport, just bar/cafeteria food). But for people like me on a budget - there's not much choice. Even the hotel bar food is expensive and judging by the quality of the breakfast - I did not eat in the hotel.

Now for breakfast. Tea was served in small pots but it was basic - not even an English Breakfast, Assam or Earl Grey around. There was a wide choice in the buffet - fresh and cut fruits, yoghurt, smoothie (tasteless and watery), breads, cakes and pastries. There's lots of cold meats and fish; and cheese and juices. As for the cooked food - the fried eggs were swimming in oil and hard, the bacon was like eating tasteless cardboard, baked beans started to congeal and the sausages were insipid. Even the scrambled eggs came in big clumps! They did have some waffles (so hard and crispy they were like biscuits!) and fried rice and boiled eggs! I tried the poached eggs for a change but I think it was poached in vinegar- it smelt and tasted disgusting!

The only redeeming feature is their staff. Everyone, except one lady in reception, were friendly and polite. Nothing was too much hassle. I asked for fresh milk in my room for tea and it came quickly:the concierge even brought my keys up to the room and helped me move when I requested to change rooms! All in all the staff were fab!

The review seems very picky but I have stayed in many chain hotels for work - and this by far had been the most expensive but not the most enjoyable. Nothing will top it for convenience to the airport, but since I drive anyway I am seriouly considering staying in the Hilton next month.

Room Tip: The East rooms facing Reception seems nicer and quieter. Ask for an Urban type room rather than an Ocean which looked a bit shabby.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
JensHallman, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. I was pleased to note the positives in your review, in particular the helpfulness of the staff and the convenience of our location. I have reviewed your comments about breakfast very closely and am taking steps to address the service and quality issues you have raised.

Thank you too for your comments about the food prices, we offer an extensive range of food choices with a very broad price range, designed to meet the budgets of all travellers.

I do hope that you continue to choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We booked this hotel because of the location, just a 2 mins walk to the terminal. Not all of it is covered though so ensure you have a jacket in case it rains. It did when we were there which is typical hence the holiday to Lanzarote!
Now to the e-reserve! When you book you have the option of upgrading your room for a fraction of the cost if that particular type of room is available when you arrive. I opted for the business room & when I arrived we were informed that there was one available... It only cost me an extra 9 quid - the difference from standard rooms is that you get free bottled water, slightly bigger room, dressing gown & one of those fancy espresso machines that George Cloony advertises. The espresso was a god send at 4am! You had 6 capsules & I boshed 3 of them when I woke up & I had a spring in my step!
The wine angels were quirky but not really my cup of tea tbh
Did the 15 day car park deal as well all for £150

Room Tip: Get the e reserve!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
JensHallman, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Guest

Many thanks for you wonderful 5 star review of your recent stay, I was delighted to read that you had taken advantage of both our Stop and Go package with inclusive parking and also our low cost E-reserve upgrade.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of the Nespresso machine too and glad that it gave you the boost you needed for your early morning flight.

I look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

The room was OK but for 4star hotel rather below average. TV is small for 2012, and selection of free channels is poor, I experienced better in 3star or even cheaper hotels.

In restaurant below there were not able to put our drinks to our hotel bill for some reason so we needed to pay on spot. As the lobby with restaurant was in very same style as lobby of our job building, we really did not fell as on vacation. But this is only our problem :-), otherwise it was nice, blue lit column/wine cellar in the middle looks fantastic (I recomend to even go to the restaurant too see it for a dring if you have some time between flights).

Shampoo set in the bathroom was superb quality, however only one, as there were also only one sachet of hot chocolate. Other things was in pairs.

However covered passage from the airport is hard to beat, especially given the typical drizzle, and sound-proof windows will make you forget you are at the airport.

As I am rather budget traveler, I expected this hotel to be the best i have ever stayed in. And it was not. Enough said.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us, I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed the Angel’s Wine Tower Bar and that you found the covered walkway convenient and that the sound proof windows cancelled out the airport noise.

I appreciate your comments about the restaurant and the lobby decor, we are a very modern and contemporary hotel and as you would expect the decor reflects this. I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary toiletries and in room refreshments, you should know that next time you stay with us, if you find there is not enough tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your room, we will gladly provide you with additional sachets at no additional cost.

Please also be aware that we will be replacing the TV's in the room throughout 2012, with larger screens and more channels.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future and that we have the opportunity to become the best hotel you have ever stayed in.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

We only stayed a night as catching a early morning flight. Checked in by lovely receptionist from Germany, couldn't have been more helpful.

We backed onto the airport and had the noise of a HUGE fan from 7pm which went all night!! The smell of meat cooking started at 4am in the morning and it was overpowering.

Such a shame about the noise and smell as the room is lovely, huge bed, super clean. It really is a super looking hotel, but we couldn't sleep due to the noise and meat smell.

Room Tip: Maybe ask not to back onto the airport.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
JensHallman, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review, I was pleased to note such a generous rating for our hotel despite your poor sleep experience. As an airport hotel we pride ourselves on minimising noise in our rooms, so it is disappointing that we did not manage it on this occasion.

I would be keen to find out which room you stayed in to see if there is anything we can do to prevent other guests from experiencing this. I would be grateful if you could email me this information at jens.hallman@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Easy 2 minute walk from Stansted Terminal via Walk way.
Clearly a business Hotel, with large biz centre and conference facilities.
Comfortable rooms, free wifi, nice gym and two different restaurants, Italian and Steak House. Steak House which is very popular and very good, just add a couple more veggie options as is a real meat eaters paradise. Car Parking charged. Variable service levels
Overall: Good Biz Hotel

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jituno

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your wonderful 5 star review, I was delighted to read so many positive comments about the restaurant, bar and value for money. But most of all I was particularly pleased to read your comments about our helpful and friendly staff.

I do hope you have the opportunity to fly into Stansted again in the future and that you choose to stay with us.