“great airport hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Reviewed 1 February 2014

have stayed in this hotel several times for flight purposes. It is excellent for overnight stays for early morning flights. The rooms are fully equipped to a high standard and the beds are very comfortable. One notices the great service and high standard of hygiene. Even though the hotel is very close to(practically in ) Stansted Airport there is no noise, whatsoever. Decor is impeccable throughout and very restful .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Katja V, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Geraldine Anne B,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback from your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport on Tripadvisor. We would firstly like to apologise for this late response.

We are very happy to hear we are your “regular base” when you travel threw Stansted and you find our location convenient. Appreciate your amazing 5* review. We all genuinely enjoy looking after our guests and I am sure the team will be thrilled to hear your comments. Our team really works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service.

Thank you again for your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,530)

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Very nice hotel for catch next connected flight, only one thing is negative - way to hotel from terminal need to iluminated and cleaned better! Free internet. Clean bathroom. Quiet. Coffe, fruits, cereals from 4 a.m.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Olga Z,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport.

We hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This airport is perfect for an early morning flight. The hotel is clean and easily accessible.
Did not get a change to visit the bar and see some kind of show where a lady is dancing. Walking distance to the terminal. saved money on a cheap early morning flight but has a good rest and walked to the airport. perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Katja V, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear nmalani,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport on Tripadvisor. We would firstly like to apologise for this late response.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had a good night sleep before your early morning flight.

Thank you for your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Top marks for location and car park option especially for early morning flights.It is literally next to the terminal and a 5 minute walk. The upgrade to leave your car is also welcome and makes this a cost effective as well as convenient option.

Sadly this is a hotel with a centrally controlled air/heating system and I did not sleep due to the constant drone from the air vents/re-circulation above the door and the vent into the room. The noise is totally unacceptable; I turned off all the controls, but it is clearly a centrally controlled system and far too noisy. My room telephone did not work so I could not call to complain and when I dialed using my mobile no one answered.

My sleep was broken by this noisy system and in a modern hotel this is very poor.

The room otherwise was comfortably furnished and cleaned.

I ate in the Wine Tower Bar and the food was surprisingly good.

So full marks for convenience. But, a terrible nights sleep. My destination hotel had a similar heating system and was not noticeable in the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear DerbyshireJames,

We are very disappointed to read about your experience with loud AC in the room. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize that your sleep was compromised.

On this occasion we failed to meet the expectations we set ourselves that every guest leaves our hotel feeling satisfied with the product and the level of service provided. But as you pointed many positive sides that you have enjoyed in we really hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back at which time we will spare no effort in providing you with the perfect stay. Please feel free to contact me directly on my email katja.vidic@radissonblu.com and I will personally make all the arrangements for you.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times without any problem, however on this stay i was situated on the first floor, all was well until 10.30 pm I was in bed as getting up at 4am for a flight, the entertainment started it was so loud I might as well of been downstairs, after trying several times to contact reception i asked to be moved to another room, this would of been fine if only the room they put me in was actually not occupied by some one else, I was then moved to another room but the key card did not work, by the time all of this was sorted out it was 11.45 would of got more sleep getting up early and driving. Hotel did offer up grade to suite on my next stay visit but as i don't fly from Stansted very often it is of little use

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear clairelunnon,

I would like to apologise again for the unpleasant experience you had on your last visit at the Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport. I sincerely hope you will decide to stay with us again in the future if you came back to the area and except our offer. Please feel free to contact me directly on my email katja.vidic@radissonblu.com and I will personally make all the arrangements for you.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Well, I dont know where to start, almost everything about this hotel was not good. I wanted to have a good rest and maybe spend some time in sauna before my flight early in the morning.
1. The sauna was broken.
2. The pool area looks so disgusting that even if the sauna hadn't been broken, I would think carefully before using the sauna at this place.
3. The sheets were dirty.
4. The shower in the room was broken, had difficulties showering.
5. You could hear people not only going in the toilet in night, but even sneezing.
6. Not to mention unfriendly personnel on reception.
All in all, the most terrible stay ever. Strongly would NOT recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Olunchka,

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for this late response. I regret to read your review how unsatisfied you were with your stay as we did not meet your expectations nor perform up to the standards we stand for.

It is of crucial importance for any Radisson Hotel that every guest leaves our hotels feeling satisfied with the product and the level of service provided. With this in mind I would like to know if we have done anything to make it right for you. I would kindly ask if you had a moment to write me an email on katja.vidic@radissonblu.com and share any specifics on these matter.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here to break up a journey between Heathrow and Kings Lynn as it's about half way. After a long haul flight and an hour and a half drive, the Radisson was appreciated. The check in was extremely efficient, the room warm and comfortable despite looking like it was furnished from Ikea. (Carlson is a Swedish group - so what do you expect!). We had a glass of wine in the Tower bar while being entertained by the wine selecting acrobats! Excellent night's sleep, a very good (inclusive) buffet breakfast and efficient check out made this a very comfortable stay.

I chose this hotel as a mid point stop as my airline employer once used it as a crew hotel. There aren't many these hotels I would go back to through choice! My last stay there was ten years ago, the place has been very well maintained and still looks like it's just opened.

Only niggles are that the wine we ordered was expensive and the car park cost 10 pounds. But as this is an airport hotel, I suppose we have to accept that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear dbchippy,

Please accept our apologies for this late response. Thank you for your great review and recommendation on Tripadvisor. Feedback like yours gives us the confirmation we are doing our jobs properly and that our efforts make the difference in guest satisfaction.

We will be delighted to welcome you back at the Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Hampton By Hilton London Stansted Airport
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!