“Excellent Airport Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is an airport hotel so I just stayed here overnight as I had an early flight from Stansted Airport next morning. The hotel is located just outside the airport so it is just a 3 minutes walk to the terminal. However the hotel is very nice with spacious, very good isolated and well equipped rooms! Nice lobby bar with normal prices. Very friendly staff and very decent room rates! Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Katja V, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear SasaNemanic,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport on Tripadvisor. We would firstly like to apologise for this late response.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Appreciate your nice comments about the staff that will definitely be passed on to them.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments and recommendation. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel, when your plans bring you back to London.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Great value "business class" room with parking, we stopped for one night before an early flight. The room was clean and new, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom well appointed. The view of the runway was brilliant if you're a plain nerd like me. However there was very little noise intrusion. We ate in the Italian restaurant and the food was good and reasonable value for the airport. Breakfast was simply amazing ! The selection and variety was the best I've ever seen for a buffet selection in a hotel. We were there early as we had a flight to catch so it was hot and fresh. The atrium is a great feature and the views from the walk ways are fantastic. We'll make a point if staying and parking here the next time we fly from stanstead.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear andyjay1,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your business class room with runway view and had the time to experience our Super Buffet Breakfast with all the variety of choices it offers.

We much appreciate your nice comments and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel, when your plans bring you back to London.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Ok first the positives

Super fast Free Internet access which makes a change from a lot of UK airport hotels.
Uber cool lounge/lobby area - may not be to everyones taste but I loved it.
Bedroom was nice - what you'd expect for a Radisson
Gym area was good and well equipped
Room service was quick - ordered pizza - which was fine - Tiramisu was disappointing - seemed as if the chef ran out of mascarpone - Frozen Iceland dessert would have being preferable - but that aside I wouldn't let a dodgy dessert ruin my night.

Unfortunately the heating/air con system really lets this property down - it was very loud and I could not shut it down - I rang reception and they told me it would be shut down at 11pm - at 11.15pm it was still going and I was told it would be turned off at 11.30 - alas it was on all night - I had earplugs with me and was glad I had as I wouldn't have slept a wink without them - even with them in I could still hear the drone of the fan - Such a shame that a hotel can be let down by something as simple as this - I would not take the chance and stay here again as I value my nights sleep

Room Tip: bring a set of earplugs
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Skinner71

Dear Skinner71,

We are very disappointed to read about your experience with loud AC in the room. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize that your sleep was compromised.

On this occasion we failed to meet the expectations we set ourselves that every guest leaves our hotel feeling satisfied with the product and the level of service provided. But as you clearly pointed many positive sides that you have enjoyed in we really hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back at which time we will spare no effort in providing you with the perfect stay. Please feel free to contact me directly on my email katja.vidic@radissonblu.com and I will personally make all the arrangements for you.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

At 10 minutes' step-free walk from the departure hall, this is one of the best-located airport hotels that I have been in.

Reception was very helpful, and efficient.

Car drop-off and pick-up was very helpful and efficient. (The additional long-stay parking option is good value.)

Nice room, and the balconies overlooking the dining area are stunning, as is the 'wine tower' with its 'angels'.

My only complaint is the in-house Italian restaurant. The food quality, for the price, would make your average High Steet ristorante blush with embarrassment. My partner's pizza was very average (and you have to try hard to ruin a pizza), and my main course pasta was rubbery, and topped with a sauce that could well have come out of a jar. My starter (fried calamari in a pepper batter) was soggy, and gave every impression of having been inadequately cooked through from the freezer.

There's an in-house grill as well, but at £25.00 for a steak (!!), you can understand why we passed it by, but it may be a better option than the Italian.

Room Tip: Probably best to avoid the lower floors, and there is some potential for noise from the bar, restaur...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Puddleduck1959

Dear Puddleduck1959,

Please accept our apologies for this late response. We appreciate your feedback regarding our Filini Italian restaurant. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments to our Head Chef so he may address this situation with the team and ensure that we deliver outstanding service and presentation.

On the positive side it was a pleasure to read you room and found our reception team efficient.

I hope you will decide to stay with us again so that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had a good feeling when booking this hotel but, as always, official pictures are quite deceptive. The lobby looked nice, but the bedroom was nothing special. The bed was very large, but there were actually 2 joined mattresses... I just hate that. I won't comment on furniture or the fact there was bathtub instead of shower, that's a matter of taste. We took salads at the bar in the lobby and they were.... disgusting.... dunno how they dare charging 15GBP for that. However, breakfast was nice, I'd say above average. Overall, considering the price for 1 night, 2 pers with breakfast (75GBP), I guess it would be hard to find anything better near the airport anyway.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Julien_Palma,

Please accept our apologies for this late response and thank you for sharing the review about your stay at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport on Tripadvisor.

We were disappointed to read about your experience and that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.

Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in order to demonstrate the high standards of service we are known for here at at Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Hotel, good location for airport stopovers. A good service and venue for large business events. modern style hotel which is good if not on a leisure break. Quirky bar and wine tower which is great on the eye but not sure its good for the quality of wines under constant lighting!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear GAFDurham,

Please accept our apologies for this late response. We are delighted you liked our hotel and its style and thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport, when your plans bring you back to London.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Very functional, quiet, comfortable hotel to stay at if you want to take the stress of driving the M25 and M11 out of the equasion when getting an early morning flight. Take the option of up to 5 days car parking on site where possible. The hotel is two minues walk from the arrivals hall. Staff are really nice and they really do take pride in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Nigel D,

Please accept our apologies for this late response. We are delighted you liked our hotel and thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.

We are extremely pleased to read your comments about the staff here at the Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport. Thank you for your lovely words about all of them, it is great to see they made difference to your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your plans bring you back to London.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Hampton By Hilton London Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Holiday Inn Express Stansted Air...
#4 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!