“Pre-flight stopover”

Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Pre-flight stopover”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Welcoming ,helpful staff -excellent value overall and dinner/breakfast combination deal good value -breakfast especially good.Rooms extremely clean and very comfortable bed.Staff throughout the hotel were excellent,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I arrived late in the evening (11pm) before an early morning flight to Eindhoven the next day. Upon arrival my booking had been lost between Holiday Extra's & Premier Inn. I was left in reception for over an hour whilst they tried to resolve it, no drinks were offered for the inconvenience, to make matters worse the 2 people on that evening were still checking people in whilst I sat waiting, it felt like I kept going further down the queue despite the fact I had been there over an hour before the other customers, when quiet one would go off (I presume to try & resolve my booking issue - for which I had printed confirmation) only to reappear seconds later to check another new arrival.
By the time I got into my room it was gone 12.30am, my shuttle bus to the airport was 5.15am so I was up at 4.30am, I spent a whole 3 &1/2 hours in bed!
In fairness they offered me the 24hrs parking for free but this was the least they could do & I wasn't in a mood to discuss it anymore given the time.
I contacted to complain & in fairness received a voicemail a day or so later apologising & saying that they would instruct Holiday Extras to fully refund my £69 cost, they didn't they refunded £39 but by this stage I couldn't be bothered to chase it anymore.
This review maybe a but unfair on Premier Inn as some of this debacle should be born by Holiday Extras but Premier Inn could have redeemed itself by offering me a drinks for whilst I wait & for the inconvenience, continue to focus on resolving my booking issue rather than stopping to check in new arrivals, or put me in another room, take my details & sort it out in the near future. At no point did anyone think to ask me what my travel purpose was nor whether there were pressing considerations (early start) that should have been determined & in turn mitigated.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here New Year's Day, location was the only really good thing about it.

Don't bother with restaurant here. Service is shocking majority of staff in there not British & couldn't understand or comprehend!!

This premier inn lets the brand down, mattress not the comfiest & some staff, (not all) not the best as if they couldn't be bothered to be there. Lady on reception when checking in was lovely!

Would rather stay in other hotels near airport than return here!

(p.s. Staff should take tip from staff at Manchester piccadilly Premier Inn on customer service!!)

• Stayed January 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Extremely helpful and friendly staff and a good hotel. Does what it says on the tin, rooms were clean and fresh, restaurant was cheap as did the 25 pounds for 3 courses for dinner with breakfast the next day (and you can have anything off the menu even if it totals over twenty five pounds).

Staff were friendly and helpful, and even thou I had no problems I could see they tried there best to deal with potential problems from other guests. Also close to long stay carpark at stanstead.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Excellent Hotel convenient for the Airport. Do not understand this can be called a Budget Hotel as quality better than some 5* hotels that I have stayed in.Take advantage of the dinner and breakfast deal on offer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Serignac, France
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Two weeks ago we stayed at the Hilton Stanstead Airport ( have stayed there a few times before) but it has really deteriorated over the past year, so last week we booked into the Premier Inn ( half the price of the Hilton, just a stone's throw from the airport, and better all round). The bed was comfortable, no plane noise and satellite TV, tea and coffee making facilities in the room and car parking was reasonable ( £8) so overall good value and recommended stay if you want somewhere hassle free and two minutes from the airport. The staff at the Hilton are great but they are let down by the condition of the hotel itself and the price/ distance from the airport in comparison to The Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Just book in advance for really great value!