“Little gem of a place!”

The Cork House Bar Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cork House Bar Bistro is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

A friend and I went to the cork house for a meal on a Friday night. The staff were super friendly and very attentive from the moment we arrived to when we left but not intrusive at all. The restaurant area upstairs is beautiful, the tables are not packed together so you have privacy as well as feeling cosy! The scotch egg I had for starter was amazing, the haloumi burger was fab and the Meringue was excellent to finish with! Give the cork house a go you won’t be disappointed!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We planned to go for dinner on a Tuesday evening and when we phoned to book a table, the lady on the phone advised us that it was quiz night (which is every second Tuesday of the month) and so we were a bit sceptical but that didn’t stop us. We sat upstairs which was lovely and cosy and attempted the quiz but wasn’t very good at it. The waitress was so lovely and attentive. The pork belly to start was AMAZING! And then I had a burger which was very tasty and my partner had fish & chips which was also very tasty! I would defiantly reccomend the sticky toffee pudding for dessert!! Once we finished dinner, we went and had a drink in the bar downstairs which is really nice with a friendly atmosphere and our waitress ordered a taxi for us when we had finished. We had a lovely evening and will most defiantly be back!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Awesome gins, awesome food how could I not put top marks . Would highly recommend the lamb to anybody. Yum yum and had some spare was so filling and yummy. Great service too. Thanks cork house for a great selection of gins I've not treid before and lovely dinner me and my other half enjoyed thoroughly and will most certainly be back.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

I went to the Cork House on a Thursday evening for a meal and drinks. It was amazing!
Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and shown to our table. The lady who served us was very friendly and helpful. The food was perfect and could not fault it in any way.
The restaurant was warm, cosy with a lovely relaxed atmosphere.
We both had a very enjoyable evening and will definately be visiting again.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Went here with a friend on a Friday night and had a lovely time. The food was superb. I had steak for main and asked for it medium/rare and it was cooked to perfection. (So many places get it wrong). Dessert I can highly recommend the mixed fruit meringue. The flavours in it were lovely. There is also a good choice of wines and cocktails which we enjoyed. Staff were very attentive and friendly. A big thumbs up, we will definetely be back.