“Hard to find”

Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is very hard to find from the airport, with signage stopping just outside STN and no shuttle services (unlike another hotel in the area--I saw two driving past as I was looking for a taxi). Two cab drivers refused to take me (distance not long enough). You think it's going to be convenient to stay at an airport hotel, and are then disappointed. I'm an IHG card holder, but I'm not feeling very loyal right now.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Muscledito
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We operate a shuttle bus service between the hours of 4.00am - 00.45am from bay 28 in the coach station. If travelling by car we advise our guest to follow the signs to the mid-stay car park as we are directly opposite. I thank you for informing us of the issues you had with getting a taxi. We have not come across this situation before and will try to work with the taxi firms in the area to ensure this does not happen in the future.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you had in getting to us. I hope you will still choose to stay with us in the future.

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,148)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a very good modern hotel with clean rooms and caring, friendly staff. My family has stayed here several times as part of a parking-included package and when taking an early morning flight. The whole of the public areas including the reception desk, bar and restaurant are open-plan. The airport is a very short ride away by bus or by taxi.

During our most recent stay, my daughter forgot her favourite cuddly toy, which remained fast asleep in bed as bleary-eyed we left our room in the early hours. The loss was only discovered in the departures lounge of Stansted airport. In desperation, we phoned the hotel, where a kind member of the staff immediately went back to our room, recovered the cuddly giraffe and called us back just as we were boarding the aircraft. The reception staff then looked after the giraffe for the whole week until we collected him from the front desk on our return, also promptly responding to our e-mails. Thank you so much once again – you saved us from a holiday that my daughter would otherwise always remember with sadness!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your most recent stay. The hotel will always try its best to recover and return lost property. The toy was certainly a hit with the team and we are pleased to see its safe return to your daughter.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel due to early flight the following morning.... The location was ideal park, stay the night at the hotel. The rooms area OK and I have seen better holiday inn express rooms, however the service was 100%. From check in to the bar all the hotel staff were great. The following morning needed to check out early and again the bill was ready and the check out was quick. If you are looking for a standard hotel with great service then I would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stevoLiverpool

Thank you for your review. I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to see the service being given 100%. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Useful to be able to park and stay at the hotel. Hotel room very adequate for an overnight stay but the restaurant was a complete disappointment. Good that there was a choice of 2 or 3 courses for a reasonable price but the food itself was bad. Very dried out chicken and a pasta dish that had obviously been microwaved. On complaining we were offered a free glass of wine. This didn't appear as the restaurant had 'run out of glasses'. As it was early season with only a few tables occupied it was hard to understand how a reputable hotel could manage with such a disorganised restaurant. We would not recommend eating there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We take all feedback seriously and I am really sorry to see that your restaurant experience did not meet the same expectation as the rest of your stay. This is certainly not the standard of service we want our guests to receive. We are currently in the processes of change within the restaurant which we hope our guests will enjoy.

We hope you will choose to stay with us in the future and see the great service we can provide.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked a package that included Parking as it was cheaper than just paying for airport car parks.
I parked the car almost at the door of the hotel and got the shuttle bus to the terminal - that was £3 for the bus, and the journey time is about 3 minutes! Seemed a bit over the top!
Anyway when I arrived back into Stansted at around 1am a few days later I went straight to the shuttle bus and paid another £3!
Check in was fine and a familiar, fast process for an IHG Priority Club card holder. I stayed in room 423 which was OK, if not a little tired. The bathroom floor tiles needed some attention and the carpets were a little grubby due to age. Perhaps below the usual standard for the HI express chain.
Next morning I missed breakfast and got on my way. Check out was easy. All staff encountered were polite and efficient. I will stay here again for future airport /parking stays.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am really pleased that the parking package met your expectations. Whilst the charges are outside of our control the drivers work extremely hard to ensure that an excellent service is provided, particularly during peak times. I thank you for your review of the room facilities. I am sorry this was not to the standard you expect and I will continue to work to improve this for our guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here before flying out from Stansted and were able to park the car there while we were away. The transfer bus costs £3 but is very quick and reliable. The rooms are modern and clean with tea making facilities, hair dryer and a safe. The resturant had a deal of two courses for £13 PP and it was served quickly and tasted good, if a bit limited for choice. There are lots of staff cleaning and clearing up and everyone we spoke to were helpful and friendly. Bar area was busy as Champions league was on, but you could still get a seat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for providing us with your review. We value all guest feedback and I am really pleased to see such a positive review of our hotel, staff and facilities.

We look forward to, hopefully, welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

handy if you have an early morning flight.
Nothing express about the checking in late in the evening. Parking is a bunfight- with additional charges (some punters appear to leave their cars for the duration leaving overnight parking at a premium...... no respect for diabled parking slots)
However room and breakfast good
get what you pay for- which is cheap

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to see the issues you have raised. This is not the standard of service we wish to provide to our guest. We are aware of the car park issues and are looking for suitable ways to improve this service for our guests. I am pleased to see that the rest of your stay met your expectations.

I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Hampton By Hilton London Stansted Airport
Novotel London Stansted Airport
Novotel London Stansted Airport
#3 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
Days Inn London Stansted Airport
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!