“One night only!”

Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Norwich, United Kingdom
“One night only!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We checked into the Hotel after arriving back in the UK late at night as we live almost 90 miles away and did not fancy the late drive home. It was very clean in the hotel and in the rooms. The staff were very helpful and friendly, check in was straight forward and hassle free. Had a great nights sleep in a very comfy bed. The room had a luxury feel to it with the modern furniture, fittings and lighting. It was a shame that our stay was for one night only!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review and your recommendation for our Hotel, Its great to see that the team at the Hotel looked after you so well and I trust we will see you again very soon.

Thank you again for you review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

flying out good sleep ,staff ok bar open not alot else ,clean rooms and price for rooms good we did not eat and didnt have breakfast but it looked very simple bar could do with a buzz in it but with the family we made our own buzz ?/

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank spikler
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear spikler,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am happy that you found our rooms clean. On the other hand, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Taunton, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Maybe I was unlucky in the choice of my room, maybe I was unlucky in when I stayed there, maybe I was just unlucky in my choice of hotel..... but this stay fell far below my expectations, and far far below the normal standard of service I otherwise receive at IHG brand hotels.

My room overlooked the front of the hotel and the bus stop of the airport shuttle. It's surprising just how much noise people can make getting on and off a bus. Still the service seemed to quieten down after Midnight when the resulting peace was shattered by children running up and down the hotel corridor shouting. Why do parents allow their offspring to be so inconsiderate? If I wanted to hear kids screaming, I'd have stayed at home where my own children are more than capable of noise manufacture. Still they must have gone to bed allowing me to be gently serenaded by the noise of the lifts which seemed to be right through my bedroom wall.

Whirrrr, the lift ascended..... whirrr the lift descended..... This process was repeated. Multiple times... but I guess that's what elevators do ? I finally nodded off only to be rudely ripped from my slumbers at 04:00 AM when the shuttle bus service recommenced.

I was now faced with a dilemma. Did I get up and try again to connect to the hotel's wifi service ( I'd failed to achieve any form of access the night before...), or go down for the complementary continental breakfast, or should I try to achieve another 30 mins slumber before the shuttle returned ?

I elected for breakfast.... the choice was limited: tired looking bread ( well the loaf had probably experienced the shuttle bus noise and the screaming kids and the lift noises ), grapefruit segments, yoghurt and coffee. The grapefruit was rather pleasant - tart and acidic, just as a grapefruit should be! ( it rather matched my demeanor by this time ). Unfortunately the tables did not seem to have been cleaned and the overall breakfast experience was disappointing.

I checked out, the bill was correct, the reception staff seemed to be as unhappy as I was. They must have had a rough night too.

Note to self: when getting on an airport shuttle bus, I must remember to loudly enquire whether my luggage and/or kids have all been loaded. AS LOUDLY AS I POSSIBLY CAN !!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NorthCurryNeil
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear NorthCurryNeil,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Again, thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Stansted Mountfitchet hotels

Wiltshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for one night rather than fight my way there on the morning of my flight. The perils of the M25 and M11 must generate plenty of business for Stansted airport hotels. The parking was easy in the hotels car park, with a short walk into the hotel. The reception was quick and efficient . The room and bathroom were very clean. We had drinks and sat on the patio area in the afternoon sun. We had a good meal in the evening all at reasonable prices. The meal was good rather than fantastic, but would eat here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank moonraker58
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking to time to provide us with your feedback.

We are really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could accommodate your travel needs. We value hearing our guests experiences as we continually look to improve on the great service we provide to our guests.

Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is nice, clean and has big rooms (for London standards), but of course it is far away from central London and very close to Stansted Airport. I had to catch a very early flight, and so I choose the hotel purely for its distance to the airport; and there is not much else to see close-by.

There's a shuttle running every half hour, which can get very crowded - but since there is no nice walkway to the airport (or if there is I haven't found it) this is the cheapest option. Currently (as of June 2014) the bus bay you want is #28 at Stansted airport, and the fare is £3 per person.

The staff was helpful and friendly, and the rooms were clean but not very sound-proof.

Depending on what you want to do the location is either excellent or not very good at all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank revrazna
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are really pleased to see that your recent stay with us met your travel needs and expectations. I am particularly pleased to see the great feedback you have given the team as we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service.

We do advise the shuttle bus service as the quickest and safest way to get to and from the airport terminal as there is no footpath.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

After a horrific stay in central London we were met buy friendly faces and great service at the Holiday Inn Stanstead. Clean large rooms and a bar which served nice meals.

Cheers Holiday Inn!! Heros. Champions, saviours of the free world.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.

We are extremely pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The team will be really happy to hear that their service helped create a happy and comfortable stay for you.

uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arrived at midnight off a flight and they didn't have my reservation.
Maybe it was a problem with my booking agent - but they resolved it after about 20 minutes or so.
Room was fine - looking a bit tired at the window - but nothing too bad.
I guess most people are just staying here for or after a flight - and it was fine if you don't pay mega bucks.

Bus to the airport was regular and I think £3 each ?

Breakfast was nice enough but a bit limited in choice. Not the full english as you might have expected.

Stansted Express into town from the airport was quite efficient too. Book online for best ticket prices.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fenixUK
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your most recent stay.

I am really sorry for the initial problem you experienced with your reservation and for the delay in resolving the matter. We always aim to get guests checked-in as quickly and as smoothly as possible.

We are pleased to be able to offer a free breakfast between 4am and 10am, 4am-6am being a light continental breakfast, with the addition of hot favourites between 6am-10am.

I am pleased to see that that your stay met all of your travel needs and we trust that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stansted Mountfitchet
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,366 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Avalon Stansted Lodge
Avalon Stansted Lodge
#1 of 2 in Elsenham

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport? Share your experiences!