Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
DeSalis Hotel(Elsenham)
George Hotel(Bishops Stortford)
2,182 results
All reviewsstansted airportan early flightper personevery half hourbreakfast was includedper adultpetrol stationshuttle servicean overnight stayyogurtstayed one nightcar parkingshort staybudget hotelfollowing morninghiebus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I found this hotel just perfect for my short stay prior to an early flight from Stansted airport. I booked the hotel on their site, where I am a member, and I was allowed to use my VirginAirways points instead of payment.

The cold breakfast prior to 6am was included too, although I could not find anything interesting apart from my hot drink. They only had: several types of hot drinks, several types of juices, milk and varieties of corn flakes, plus jam, bread, ham and cheese.

My room was on the top third floor and I did not hear many people slamming their doors, so I guess it was a rather quiet weekend for them. Lucky me!!!! The bedding was good, although the bed kept moving around as is on rolls!!???? and the bathroom had some toiletries with a note saying that more can be provided upon asking the Reception. Thoughtful!!!!

All is minimalistic, yet functional, with kettle in the room for tea/coffee etc, flat screen TV and unfortunately a phone that could not reach reception to ask why the Alarm was not working!!!!!

Face to face receptionists were great, they seem to care and are properly trained, so I cannot complain really complain about anything. The early morning bus, with people from the nearby Premier Inn was packed though, so the bus driver said to the waiting people that is going to return in 5min from the airport to pick them up, when normally should be a pick up time every 30min when you pay £3 one way. Thank God I was waiting in front of the hotel before the queue was formed, as the queues at the airport security were simply massive for both departing/returning despite them being so organised (apparently have been so for more than one year). So everything needs planning with major delays in mind.

Room Tip: Book via the hotel website if you are a member of other airlines/hotel groups and use your points via partnerships then pass your requests to the hotel for quiet room etc
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Martin B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your review and I am glad you found us "just perfect for an early flight". Its great to see that you found everything you needed during your stay ,We now have a new Rotisserie restaurant concept to add to the facility at the Hotel offering our specialty spit roast chicken at a great value for money price for our guests to enjoy when dinning with us.

I trust we will see you again soon, when you are in the area and please make some time on your next visit to try our Rotisserie.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We booked for a one night.
The room was very comfortable.
Had breakfast in the morning,which was included in the price.
Mini bus service the hotel to the coach station.Which is £3.00per person.
Good service around

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and your recommendation of our Hotel,It's great to see that you found everything you needed during your stay with us. I do trust we will see you again soon.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel really isn't up to scratch as an airport hotel. Noisy all through the night. Poor restaurance that (believe it or not) only serves rotisserie chicken (that is very expensive). Not iron or ironing board in the room and you have to walk down to reception to pick one up because staff won't deliver it to your room. Overcrowded feel to it and nowhere to relax. Rooms are expensive and this is way below a reasonable exception.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Sam P,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We checked into the Hotel after arriving back in the UK late at night as we live almost 90 miles away and did not fancy the late drive home. It was very clean in the hotel and in the rooms. The staff were very helpful and friendly, check in was straight forward and hassle free. Had a great nights sleep in a very comfy bed. The room had a luxury feel to it with the modern furniture, fittings and lighting. It was a shame that our stay was for one night only!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review and your recommendation for our Hotel, Its great to see that the team at the Hotel looked after you so well and I trust we will see you again very soon.

Thank you again for you review.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

flying out good sleep ,staff ok bar open not alot else ,clean rooms and price for rooms good we did not eat and didnt have breakfast but it looked very simple bar could do with a buzz in it but with the family we made our own buzz ?/

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank spikler
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stansted Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear spikler,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am happy that you found our rooms clean. On the other hand, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,