Hotel Le Vignoble
US$82
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Recently stayed here for a couple of nights. Would recommend with a few caveats:

First, the pluses:
- Clean, well-maintained room
- Friendly and very competent proprietress
- Great location in the center of the village

The things to watch out for:
- The churchbells - really charming but they did interfere with my sleep
- Not much in the way of toiletries supplied - could have used a washcloth/facecloth
- Breakfast is a bit spartan - would be nice to have higher quality bread and a better selection of spreads

But overall - it's a lovely, pleasant, and thoroughly enjoyable place and I'd recommend a stay if you are fortunate enough to pass through this corner of the world.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms right in front of the church
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Recently stayed two nights in Hotel Le Vignoble while touring the Alsace wine route. Hotel is in the centre of the village with no problem parking. Owner was very nice and friendly. Good sized room and everything was spotless. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This a friendly, comfortable little 2 star hotel ( no restaurant) offering B & B in old beamed rooms. Parking opposite or in the next door church car park. Very clean, owner run establishment. Good value for money. Ear plugs supplied as there are 2 churches in this tiny village, and they know how to ring a bell!

Room Tip: WiFi is best in rooms 6 & 7.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The reason that I stay in a hotel is to: 1. Sleep. 2. Have breakfast.
The hotel is situated bext to a church which rings the bells every hour, or even half-hour and quarter of an hour! This means that I woke up at 6 am from the bells. Not what I expect from my holiday.
The breakfast was not so cheap but still included only coffe and bread. No yoghurt, no juice, no ham, no cheese, no eggs or anything else that I like to have.
Summary: 1. Bad sleep. 2. Bad breakfast.
Because ofthis is doesn't matter that the hotel and the staff was nice.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank HrJonsson
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My best friend and I came to Dambach to conduct some research into my ancestry and I had a good feeling that it would be best to stay in town to have access to any information I might find. My instincts were spot on: from the moment I received the email confirmation from the owner, Caroline, to the moment we checked out last week, we were impressed with every detail.
This is an utterly charming little hotel, clean and neat as a pin, comfy beds in an adorable room, and it is obvious that Caroline loves her inn, knows what people want and is determined to provide any and every convenience for one's stay.
She speaks fluent English and German and French is her native language, so she is able to communicate amazingly to all her guests. She also provided us with maps and restaurant info, as well as the code for wifi access and she made sure she was available for any other questions we might have. And knowing that I was on the hunt for ancestry info she also provided us with the name of a local historian.
This was a very special trip for me and Caroline made it all the more special with her kind attention to us. Merci mille fois, Caroline!

Room Tip: We were in room number 2 at the back of the hotel-larger than expected and with lovely exposed beams. Just adored it!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends