“Great place, great people!”

and 1 more site!
La Buena Vida Hotel- Ayampe
Ranked #1 of 5 Ayampe B&B and Inns
“Great place, great people!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at La Buena Vida after traveling up the Peruvian coast, it was a great place to unwind after a longtime on the road. We found it really easy to travel up and down the coast (by bus to Montañita / Puerto Lopez) and surf straight out the front. - Thanks for looking after us Keith.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I'm not too sure I can add much more to the 5 star reviews. All I can say is that they are correct. The family that actively runs this place is incredible. As soon as I walked in, they made me feel so welcomed and special. You cannot fake this genuine kind of warmth day after day either, and there are too many reviews on tripadvisor that confirm they are the real thing. The beds are super comfortable, I had 4 pillows!, the shower is fantastic, great AC if you need it, a very safe environment, easy to meet other travelers (Keith, Marilyn and other staff facilitate this), great breakfast and a FANTASTIC salad bar. Also, they organized a birding guide for me who was very knowledgeable (he doesn't speak English but that was great for me - got to hammer him with my bad Spanish). And if you want to learn to surf, this is apparently the place to do it. I really, really did not want to leave this piece of heaven. I will certainly go back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
MARILYN K, General Manager at La Buena Vida Hotel- Ayampe, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad to know you enjoyed your stay. It's also so nice to hear that your birdwatching tour was a memorable one!
Until next time :)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 13 March 2014

If what you want is to UNWIND, RELAX, and DISCONNECT... this is where you wanna be. I stayed a week and never ever tired of their bkfst & their salad bar. All the bare necesities for a relaxing, low key, low cost vacation are right here... and if not you can get it within walking distance. It was great. You arrive a stranger and leave as family. Can't thank you enough Marilyn for fighting with my airline to get my lost suitcase delivered to the hotel doorstep!!!! I think I actually never heard a "no" from you in the whole week we were there.. if she doesnt have it she'll get it to you!!!! Not one bad thing to say... except that the week went by TOO FAST!!! Thanks for an awesome experience!!!

Room Tip: If you want a TV, in your room make sure you specify, not all of them have one.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your great words... and for sharing your experience at La Buena Vida!
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Marilyn and Keith (the owner/managers) of La Buena Vida make everyone feel at home. Ayampe is by itself one of the nicest beaches in Ecuador, and La Buena Vida provides great rooms, views, and a comfortable restaurant. Just introduced a salad bar in the afternoon, and on my second visit back in the area I've been there for lunch every day. If you're a surfer or want to learn, Keith is the man to talk to. He's experienced surfer and instructor and you'll likely meet other serious surfers too.

Room Tip: Schedule a massage, and definitely make the salad lunch part of your day. Call or reserve well ahead...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you Michael... this is what keeps us working hard! Knowing that everything you experienced at la Buena Vida was great to you! Looking forward to your next visit.
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed three nights at this gorgeous place and couldn't say one bad thing about it. The food was delicious, the service before and while we were there was great, the rooms were clean, air conditioned and spacious (lovely design too) and it was in a beautiful location, Ayampe! We can't wait to head back there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you! We can'twait to have you here again!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I decided on a whim to get married in Las Tunas, Ecuador, not expecting we'd actually follow through. My husband had been to Ecuador a couple years before and met Marilyn and Keith, owners of La Buena Vida. He contacted Marilyn to see if she knew someone who could help us plan the wedding and she said she was up for the job! We couldn't have been more thrilled! Marilyn worked with us for many months arranging everything for us. She blocked of her entire hotel to accommodate our guests from the states or found rooms at other hotels once she ran out of room, planned the decorations, food, cake, alcohol, transportation, hair, makeup and anything else you can think of!! She was more than willing to have the wedding and reception at her hotel but we ended up finding some other venues. Really any of the options in that area are beautiful. Needless to say, everything turned out so beautiful- a wedding anyone should be jealous of!!

Beyond the wedding, the hotel itself was wonderful! It's definitely the place to be if your used to the amenities of the states. Plus there's a kitchen to cook breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner. Not to mention that they have fresh squeezed juice every morning- try the passion fruit if the have it!! Sushi night is fantastic and is done once a week. A spa and surf lessons are available. The beach is a short walk as are many other fantastic restaurants. We had several guests travel around Ecuador after staying at La Buena Vida and told us that you simply can't beat it!

Other things that are nearby is a great coffee shop, pizza, yoga...really anything you can think of. If you're interested in leaving ayampe for a day, the bus comes right by La Buena Vida and is relatively easy to utilize.

By the time you have to leave, you'll probably be thinking that you never want to leave! If so, Keith and Marilyn also do some real estate on the side- talk about people who do it all!

Room Tip: Al, of Marilyn and Keith's rooms are great but there are several options. You can get a room wit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CoraVanDyk
Thank you for choosing us for such a special occasion! We were honored to plan your wedding and host your guests. Until next time!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I came to Ecuador not knowing what I would expect. Marilyn and Keith went out of their way to may my group feel very comfortable. We had such a great time that i'm returning back in 3 months and I will recommend this great place to all my friends:) The location is great and the facility is beautiful maintain. Keep the great work up guys. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hads18
La Buena Vida E, Owner at La Buena Vida Hotel- Ayampe, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you so much for the great words! It will be nice to see you again in 3 months!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ayampe
Hostal Kundalini
#3 of 13 in Ayampe
El Campito Art Lodge
El Campito Art Lodge
#2 of 13 in Ayampe

Been to La Buena Vida Hotel- Ayampe? Share your experiences!