“An new family in Ayampe ecuador!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Xanadu Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ayampe
Xanadu Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Ayampe B&B and Inns
Jasper, Canada
“An new family in Ayampe ecuador!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My stay at xanadu was absolutely amazing! I came down to ayampe ecuador to have a relaxing vacation surfing, reflecting, and practicing yoga. Not only was I able to find exactly what I was looking for while staying there, I ended up find a lot more. The positive and relaxing atmosphere of xanadu gave me the opportunity to reflect upon my life and find certain answers I was searching for. Xanadus spectacular staff where able to accommodate many activities and entertainment to make our stay pleasant. Everyday at around 4, xanadu would host a yoga class that would end at right as the sun was setting creating a perfect atmosphere to sip on tea and enjoy the amazing view before dinner. Chilli, xanadus yoga instructor is an amazing, vibrant, and talented yoga teacher who provides a variety of different yoga styles. The owner Gerry, makes the effort to make sure that xanadu in not only a place to spend a vacation, but a place that feels like home.He bends over backwards for his guests to make sure that they have the best stay possible. Because of Gerry and the staff at xanadu, I came to ayampe feeling like a visitor and left feeling like apart of the xanadu family. I am still in contact with the staff at xanadu because they truly care about the travellers who stay there. The food at xanadu is also spectaular and they do provide vegetarian options. I would most defiantly recommend xanadu and I hope to come back and visit my new ayampe family soon.

Thank you very much Xanadu for making my vacation as wonderful as it was. It was not possible with out you :).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My girlfriends and I were originally booked at Spondylous Hotel, but after a crazy, long adventure getting to Ayampe for some odd reason we couldn't find Spondylous and wound up stumbling into Xanadu. We walked in exsausted and sweaty which mustve been evident because Chilli being the sweetheart she is immediately offered us a seat and water. She then kindly explained how to get to Spondylous but after making chit chat for a few minutes with her we were leaning more towards just staying there. The hotel itself is gorgeous! It kinda has a rustic, inviting, summer cottage feel to it and then when you throw in the outstanding hospitality displayed by Chilli and the staff you feel right at home. Chilli showed us around Xanadu but also suggested we check out Spondylous since we were booked there originally and she didn't want to steal business from them, which I thought was very admirable. We took her advice but after seeing both places we all agreed that we felt more at home at Xanadu so we headed on back to Xanadu and I am SO glad we did.

I made some life long friends at that place and had an AMAZING, unforgettable experience. As a matter of fact I ended up staying 34 days there lol! The other friends I was travelling with went on travelling elsewhere or home but I was so happy and relaxed I just couldn't tear myself away from my the new friends and family I had made!

The service was OUTSTANDING! Honestly, I have been all over the world, stayed at all sorts of hotels and hostels, high end places and dives but never have I experienced such great service. Gerry, Chilli, Tamara and the rest of the staff really truly go above and beyond to make sure you have everything you need, are comfortable, relaxed and happy. Gerry often would often see me relaxing on the deck and just come home with chips and his homemade guacomole, which is by far the best guac I have ever tasted!! Not only that, on my last night Gerry and the crew threw a lovely going away dinner party for me! They made a HUGE pasta dinner complimentary for me annnnd my friends. It was SO incredibly sweet. They made posters and signs, Gerry whipped out the guitar and started singing some tunes, it was fantastic! You just don’t get that kinda service at any ol’ place. Gerry even packed me a lunch for the car ride to the aiport! And not just any lunch, he made his famous big honkin Xanadu sandwich – my personal fav.

So yeah, I obviously recommend staying at Xanadu, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have expended 5 days in this beautiful hotel, i couldn't ask for more, the location (just few meters from the beach with exellent surfing waves, sand and colourful pebbles), the service, with a great stuff, they do their best to make you feel good and forefeel all your needs to make you have a dream holidays.
Food, was delicious and fresh dishes. The hotels infrastructure, is made of high quality wood with beautiful and class 1 finishing, big rooms, new mattresses, nice terraces in the rooms, great water pressure in their showers, beautiful pool with jets streams that massage your back, gooood, oh and even a waterfall in the pool, flowers and tropical plants all over the place what with the wood surrounded makes it an excellent atmosphere of relaxation, plus the yoga classes which are just great. (And they do offer many other activities, just no much time to do them all, next time)
The View, Wow just stunning... Since the place is on an small hill, you can have and amazing view of the sea and sunset... And more and more
Do i want to come back to this hotel, Yes, i do..! :)
I highly recommend this hotel to all, it was my first time here and i have a great time, sorry for the looong review, hope it is helpful, thank you :)

• Stayed May 2013
Tahoe City, California
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My lady and I arrived late into the evening at Xanadu, expecting to find no one around to settle us in for our visit. Instead, Xanadu staff was there, awaiting our arrival with any and all of the comforts one would hope for after an exhausting day of travel. A late night dinner was prepared for us, beers poured into ice cold mugs, our bags and belongings delivered to our delightfully prepared room. As soon as we set foot onto Xanadu we were treated like family. When my girl awoke the next morning with a stomach infection from something she had eaten while traveling the day before, it was Gerry the owner who personally drove me to the nearest pharmacy to pick up antibiotics for her relief. When I wanted to surf, surfboards were available complimentary. When we wanted to explore the nearby villages, bikes were there (again complimentary) at our disposal. When we were thirsty, we didn't need to buy bottled water as you would at any other hotel in Ecuador, it too was provided complimentary. This was a recurring theme at Xanadu, they anticipate your needs and tend to them, most often complimentary.

Not only was the property and our room truly delightful, with the sound of waves and waterfalls soothing us to sleep every night, but the care of the staff tending to any of our needs was what made our experience at Xanadu so incredibly special. After staying at many hotels and hostels along the Ecuadorian Coast, I can say with confidence that Xanadu has raised the bar and set a new standard of exceptional hospitality with an incredibly romantic ambiance. Gardens in full bloom surround the hotel. A gorgeous teak sitting deck above the ocean provides stunning sunset views each evening. A crystal clear pool with its own waterfall creates an ever-peaceful oasis.

It was clear that Xanadu's mission isn't to shuffle customers in and out, but to care for their guests like family and provide the best retreat possible. It's location in the small village of Ayampe is far enough away from the noise and distractions of Puerto Lopez and Montanita, yet close enough for effortless excursions whenever you should feel so inclined. When it was time to go, I found myself sad to leave this beautiful place and these wonderful people. We immediately began planning our next trip to Ecuador and return to Xanadu.

Room Tip: Request the honeymoon sweet or the pool-side rooms, which offer beautiful views and serenading sound...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at Xanadu with my fiancee, and Gerry, the owner, did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable, from picking fresh flowers to impromptu guitar performances! The property is magnificent with the most beautiful gardens, pool and jacuzzi, and amazing sunset views. The rooms are very well furnished and decorated, with great lighting (unlike most places in South America, which have a single bare energy saving bulb from the ceiling), good mattresses and beautiful wooden floors. I would definitely stay here again, thanks to Gerry, Andrea and all of the staff!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Xanadu is an amazing place. The Owner, Gerry, will do everything to make you feel comfortable and at home. The grounds are beautiful with gorgeous flowers everywhere - you can tell a lot of time was taken with the landscaping. The waterfall and pool, the sunset views, the smiles of everyone around you, it all comes together so perfectly and makes you feel so relaxed. If you want a great vacation in Ayampe, head to Xanadu. All the little details are taken care of for you so you can just relax and enjoy the beauty in Ayampe. And if you surf, you're definitely in the right spot.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We (couple) spent 10 days in Xanadu and it was a very good stay. The hotel is situated a little bit up a hill (but only a few steps away from the ocean) and therefore has a great view at the ocean and every night a nice view at the sunset. The staff is real friendly and helpful and we think that the cook makes the best pescado al la plancha and camarones al ajillo of Ayampe! The hotel is for a large part made of wood and that can be a bit noisy, but it also gives the hotel it's charm! Had some good yogaclasses on the deck. Ayampe itself is a very small place with a few places to eat and to stay and has uncrowded surf and beaches. Just go and find out yourself!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple