Hotel Mounea
US$107
US$99
  • Restaurant
Logis La Condamine(Marquay)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$53
Maison de Marquay(Marquay)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$63
Hotel Le Meysset(Sarlat-la-Caneda)
US$108
US$102
Hotel de la Pagezie(Sarlat-la-Caneda)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsupstairs roomswimming poola lovely stayhis wifegreat hoteljoeltrampolinevillagecountrysideterracefrancedordognevalleyfacilitieswifibedroom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very pleasant visit to marquay and this hotel was a great find. Very clean and comfortable. The hosts were very kind and there was a good breakfast at an additional cost.
The room was comfortable and bathroom newly fitted. Would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A wonderful find very close to Sarlat, in a picturesque setting. Very friendly and helpful hosts, rooms immaculate, lovely rural views, breakfast substantial. A pleasant, inexpensive option away from the tourist hordes. Well recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Myself, my husband and little girl stayed at Hotel Mounea for three nights. We had a lovely stay here. The room was absolutely spotless, cleaned everyday and had a beautiful view of the French countryside. The weather wasn't great whilst we were there which was a shame as it would have been wonderful to use the swimming pool and relax in the lovely grounds. Our little girl really enjoyed using the ping pong table and playground area. We had breakfast every day which was quite simple but lovely and fresh, various breads and cakes, orange juice, coffee etc.
There is only one restaurant in the tiny village of Marquay so you do need a car to make the most of some of the wonderful restaurants in the area. Sarlat is around a 15 minute drive away. If you want somewhere to chill out and enjoy the French countryside this hotel is the place to stay. The owners are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely return if we are ever in this region of France.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We took a detour from our family home in France to go to Sarlat and booked to stay a night in Hotel Mounea. It was really very cheap for a family of four and we were very pleasantly surprised when we got there. It was a stunning spot, so peaceful with beautiful gardens and a very clean pool. The rooms are comfortable and functional and the bathrooms were spotless. It was a little drive from Sarlat and we were there on a Sunday night so food for us fussy eaters was a challenge but there are restaurants within walking distance. There was plenty for the kids to do, table tennis, pool, pool table etc and the room open up on to a lovely balcony with stunning views. We kept the door open at night and were stunned by the beautiful night sky. I wish we had had the chance to stay a little longer, I would highly recommend this beautiful spot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I decided to post this review as I have stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend some weeks ago. I really believe in crowdsourced recommendations and so every time I review some place, I am trying to stay respectful and honest. So is also my review of this place:

Very good rooms, plenty of facilities to spend free time, nice breakfast and gorgeous views from the room. Though if your French is not up to scratch, you will have difficulties communicating with the staff. Also, they are not around the reception all the time and there is no bell to ring or any way to call the receptionist, just wait around or come back later, but no big deal.

If you are looking to stay in Sarlat, this place is also very near by, but the road is narrow and a bit winding, so it will take you longer than you maybe imagine when somebody says it's 7 km away.

Just a side note: When I wrote this review on Booking.com, the owner got back to me with "I don't know what you are talking about ?!" email referring to the points of improvement I suggested. I did not feel that was very professional of him, but okay. I am personally not going to return there, but for others, I do believe this is a strong candidate, if you are considering a place in the beautiful French countryside.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple