All reviewsmarie laurewonderful hostseach morningdordogne valleyfabulous cookfrancesarlatlodging
Reviewed 13 January 2017

My partner and I stayed here for three nights on our Euro tour. The B&B is lovely and although Marquay is a small village, it's well located for exploring the Dordogne. Ask Marie-Laure and Gerard for tips on where to visit.
I cannot write a review of Maison De Marquay without mentioning Gerard's cooking, it's truly outstanding! Do try and eat dinner here at least once during your stay.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngieF_11
Reviewed 8 December 2016

We recently had the great pleasure to stay at the magnificent Maison de Marquay
The chic style,authentic and sincere service and amazing food made the most wonderful start to our visit to France
Total perfection not to be missed

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I have only one complaint about our stay at the Maison...it was too brief!! My sister and I only spent two nights in this charming, beautifully furnished, bed and breakfast. We stayed in a two room suite which was elegantly appointed and the beds were very very comfortable. We ate breakfast both mornings we were there and it was superlative...with eggs made to order, fresh fruit and pasteries and more. We were sorry that we did not have dinner at the Maison as other reviews have said how wonderful it was. We will have to return again some day and stay longer!

Room Tip: We stayed in a two room suite. Very large and well appointed.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2016

My husband and I stayed here for a week while we explored this area mostly on our bikes. Our room was beautiful and meticulously clean and even smelled lovely, with fresh, crisp, white linens, and heavenly over sized swimming pool towels. Our host Gerard is the cook/chef and is AMAZING!!! Do yourselves a favor and have dinner there each night you are there. The breakfast is quite something too - fresh juices each day, home made yogurt, eggs, cheese, ham, fish all beautifully presented on white linens with sterling silver. It's so lovely. Marie-Laure is a delightful lovely hostess and very helpful with anything you ask of her. This was a beautiful experience and quite unexpected in this little hilltop village.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Wonderful property in a small, calm village. We picked the inn because of its proximity to the caves and, in particular Grotte de Fonte de Gaume (fantastic)- 15m from the inn. The location was great but the inn was even better. The owners, Marie-Laure and Gerard, could not be nicer. They welcomed us in the garden with a lemonade and treats and provided us an overview of the area highlights, including less touristy options. The property feels more like a small inn than a B&B-- a good thing for us. The inn is beautiful, with a great sense for design appropriate for a relaxed country location. The meals Gerard prepared for us were the best we had in Dordogne.
Some things for you to consider as you make your reservation: it is a small inn and not an anonymous hotel. This means you will likely see the hosts often-- I enjoyed practicing my horrible french with them both (Marie-Laure speaks very good English). You should also be aware of check in times-- its a relatively narrow window if you do not arrange for alternate times when booking.
Would return again and recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple