Endemic Birds Tour in Salento

Book in advance
from
£88.35
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Avistando Aves Andinas - Andean Birdwatching Tours
from £88.35
from £70.68
from £88.35
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2023 via mobile

I had a great experience with my guide Ivan. He did not above and beyond to make everyone feel comfortable and excited. He waited at my hostal before sunrise to make me feel safe. He brought water and snacks so we all had something before breakfast. The breakfast place on the side of the street is local and authentic. The coffee farm of his choice has a 5-star review. Ivan also customized the tour to give me more time for birding while others visited a coffee farm. I would bird with Ivan again the next time I visit Salento ❤️

Date of experience: January 2023
Reviewed 10 January 2023

Fantastic experience. Ivan is a really friendly and knowledgable tour guide who spotted many interesting birds and was full of interesting knowledge and facts on our trip - we saw 25 in total including some Patos de Torrente! It was so good that I booked another tour the next day with the same guide.

Date of experience: January 2023
Reviewed 26 September 2022 via mobile

We absolutely loved our time birding with Ivan. We saw over 41 species of birds! We also got to see tons of butterflies, amazing trees, cows, and lots of other special things. The waterfall was beautiful and it felt so special to have such a kind and attentive guide. Ivan was incredible at spotting and identifying birds, it’s his superpower. The tour was a nice pace, we saw 3 different kinds of landscapes and thus a wide variety of birds. We had a scheduling conflict on our first day (I had a bad fever, if you’re a foreigner considering not drinking the tap water in Salento) and Ivan was super understanding and flexible with allowing us to reschedule. I think if you are a nature lover and excited about seeing different bird species with a trustworthy guide this is the tour for you!

Date of experience: September 2022
Reviewed 19 August 2022

I highly recommend this trip that was reasonably priced (by UK standards) with on this occasion one-to-one knowledgeable English speaking guide who knows where to find the local endemics of Salento. An early start and then a 10 minute bus journey for a 4+ hour gentle low gradient walk through a range of habitats including river, farmland, mixed woodland and mature forest. We saw nearly 50 species with the highlights for me being Crested Ant Tanager, Red-ruffed Fruit Crow and several species of really colourful tanagers (including metallic-green tanager). I would have loved to have seen Andean Cock-of-the-Rock and torrent duck, but not this time (although they are both possible on this walk). Snacks and coffee were provided and the company was really good - with good insight related to conservation issues associated with forests, farming, and wax palm. Thank you.

Date of experience: July 2022
Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

It was an amazing tour, me and my family had a lovely time. The birding is incredible specialy the yellow-eared Parrot
Hightly recoment