“Lovely food and surroundings”

Old Brickworks Brasserie at Potters Hunter Valley
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Nulkaba
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pub Food
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stopped here for some lunch on our way to the wineries. It was very well set out, with lots of seating inside and outside. Potters has a brewery onsite as well, and the bistro sells the beer varieties on tap, as well as tastings.

We were served very quickly, and our meals also came out promptly. My only suggestion for improvement: the meals were on the expensive side, and were huge - too large a serving for most people to finish, I would think. I hate to waste good food (and it was good food), so I'd like to see smaller & cheaper meals.

Michelle B, Front Office Manager at Old Brickworks Brasserie at Potters Hunter Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for providing such a wonderful review regarding your recent visit to our resort. We take pride in what we provide and I was most pleased to read your review. We do take on board all feedback and we shall discuss your suggestion regarding our meals. We would love to welcome you back next time you are in the Hunter Valley.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband organised a surprise birthday lunch with my family, including my baby nephew. When my family first arrived they approached me in the seated area to say happy birthday, after 2minutes (nobody had even sat down) barmaid came and told us to go because we had a baby in a pram 5 metres from a pokie machine. Later after the worst schnitzel ive ever had, my father took my nephew for a walk (holding him as you do an infant), trying to keep him from fussing. The same thing happened again. This place isnt family friendly at all, and given the bad food I definitely wont be back. My suggestion is to put up signs saying no children if thats the rule, and get rid of cranky old barmaids who are burning your customers.

1  Thank OscarZeldaSteve

Thank you for providing feedback with reference to your visit to our Brickworks Brassiere. I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the manner in which you feel you were addressed during your visit. We do have laws in place with reference to seating for those under the age of 18. The area in which you were approached was one of those areas. We do have clear signs on each of the tables surrounding the area in question; we will however review the location. We are very much a family friendly resort and our organisational culture is to ensure that our guests thoroughly enjoy their experience. I apologise if your expectations were not exceeded on this occasion. We would love to welcome you and your family back to our establishment in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Suitable if you want to eat stodge, wash it down with jack Daniels then sing karaoke, it's your kind of place.

1  Thank Bgd1973

Thank you for providing your feedback with reference to your visit to our wonderful Resort. I apologise if we did not exceed your expectations. Karaoke is in our main bar each and every Saturday night as it attracts many visitors to our hotel. Patrons travel far and wide to perform weekly in our beautiful setting. I do apologise that this was not to your liking. We do have a variety of beverages on site including our own award winning brewed beers from Hunter Beer Co. We hope next time you are in the Hunter Valley you would consider revisiting us.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

For the past several weeks I have had the pleasure of staying at The Potters brewery and dining at the restaurant.

The food is plentiful and of a high quality and the service has been exceptional even on nights of high activity. Some nights there has been a wait for a table, but that in itself is not unusual for a high quality venue and is countered by ordering ahead.

Of note, is the service of Sally and Donna in the Dining room, and also the Chefs and kitchen staff in meeting particular requests in preparation of the food. bar staff are friendly and efficient.

Highly recommended for both the food and the beer.

We appreciate you taking the time to compile this review. Its lovely to hear of your satisfaction when dining at our Brickworks Brassiere. Looking forward to welcoming you again next time you are in the Hunter Valley

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stopped here and managed to score an inside table in the brasserie without a booking. the staff were very friendly and attentive. You do have to line up to order your food. The meals we had were all lovely- pork belly cooked beautifully, a seafood basket that was plentiful and a Rogan josh curry that was was delicious. We were pleased we stopped there on our way to the Xmas lights. They also serve their own beers.

Thank you for providing the review of our Brickworks Brassiere. We are very popular during the Christmas period as a stop over to the Christmas lights as we are a family friendly hotel. Scoring a table during our busy times without booking is quiet fortunate so we are most pleased we could accommodate. We would love to see you again this year when you plan your next trip to the Hunter Christmas Lights Spectacular.