This is a resort-style large property, well-laid out & neat with level sealed roads leading to the scattered ground floor brick units. Plenty of parking on-site.
Reception staff were friendly & efficient when I booked; & upon our arrival & departure.
On the property is a micro Brewery & Tasting Bar; a Brasserie & Bars; a Function Centre; Tennis Courts, Swimming Pools, Spa & Laundry located in a large covered bbq area; & a Children’s Playground is outside the restaurant.
I got a good on-line deal which included a King Villa, Breakfast for two, Bottle of wine & a 45 min Brewery Tour & Tasting for two – good value @ $129.00! We didn’t take up the offered tour as our other activities didn’t coincide with the session times.
Our air-conditioned unit was quite large & bright. It contained a tiny kitchenette with microwave, jug, toaster, fridge, & very basic cutlery, glass & crockery settings but no other kitchen utensils or cookware. Dishwashing liquid & tea towel were supplied as was tea-making supplies including 4 biscuits & small milk.
The room & paintwork was clean but there were a few light stains on the carpet, easy chair & ottoman but I’m probably being a bit ‘picky’ here. Furniture consisted of a comfortable, firm king-sized bed (my preference would be softer pillows); bedside tables & lamps; alarm clock radio & ‘phone; a large desk with chair; an easy chair with ottoman; & small wardrobe with hangers. There was also an ironing board & iron.
The modern bathroom was huge & contained a curtained shower over the large bath. Shower pressure good. Toiletries & hair-dryer were supplied.
Double sliding glass doors let in plenty of light & these led to a private, outside roofed patio with table & benches. Not all units had a patio, as many had just a small front porch with Jack & Jill seating. A minor road was quite close to our back patio but I heard no traffic (or other) noise at all during our stay on a Friday night.
Breakfast was either continental or a ‘plated’ (not buffet) hot breakfast. The served hot breakfast was 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, hash brown & ½ tomato; with unlimited toast, juice, tea & coffee – we took this option & it was fresh & cooked okay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, Potters is a relaxing getaway. With new ownership since late 2008, Potters is home to the Hunter Beer Co., a fabulous Brasserie and Resort-Style Accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Potters Hotel & Brewery reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Potters Hotel And Brewery
- Potters Hotel & Brewery Greater Newcastle, Australia - Nulkaba
- Potters Brewery