“A lovely family day out”
Review of Raygill Lakes

Raygill Lakes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Raygill Lakes has 4 fishing lakes (2 coarse and 2 fly). Pike fishing available Feb to March with prior booking. Cafe on site and toilet facilities. Open all year round from 8am daily (for seasonal closures please check website or facebook).
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Visited Raygill Lakes for the first time today, on a beautiful sunny morning. We took our 2.5 year old on the animal hunt - it cost £2.50, and she got a badge and a balloon for completing it. She enjoyed spotting the animals and birds, but wasn't too keen on the cave lion! Had lunch on the sunny terrace (half size sandwiches available for children), and we had delicious home-made venison burgers.
The friendly and welcoming owners make this a place we'll definitely visit again.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Just wanted to say thanks to Bernard at Raygill lakes for a gret 4hrs fishing whilst on holiday over the easter period. I caught 4fish on a cold day in windy conditions but my persistance paid off with a pristine rainbow and new personal best fish of 22.5lb which I caught on a copper bodied goldhead on 6lb line, it was a fantastic tussle of which I luckily won ! The onsite facilities are great with hot or cold food available with first class customer service, there is also a childrens activity walk to keep the little ones happy. I will be definately returning one day with it being very well priced and great location, many thanks again

Reviewed 15 March 2013

As always,I had a great days fishing at Raygill. Bernard, the owner will tell what flies are working and at what depth the fish are, so armed with that info I decided to fish the "Quarry Lake". This is a flooded limestone quarry and the depth is 30 feet. There are some monsters lurking in there, indeed- the day after my visit somebody caught a trout of over 18lbs!
If you get chilly or a bit peckish, there's a lovely little cafe cafe on the site, run by Amanda, Bernards wife, where you can get a good range of sandwiches, cakes hot and cold drinks or just pop and crisps. I opted for the "Monster Triple Cheeseburger" - it certainly filled the hole nicely
There is also a nature walk - all laid out on easy to follow paths round the lakes where the children (and adults) can see a bit of the local wildlife and find hidden creatures,including the mighty "Cave Lion" Then at the end of the walk, as you head back to the lodge you can see and feed the young trout in a huge holding tank.

1  Thank bigsimmo
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I have always come away from Raygill Lakes with a smile on my face. There's always a friendly face in there when I've been looking for a surprising gift for my husband. I know very little about country sports but I've always received first class customer service when I've gone searching to fulfil the other half's weird and wonderful "hints". The location is beautiful and views are spectacular. I haven't taken my girls on the Nature Hunt yet but watch out on the next sunny day....

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Raygill lakes has a good selection to do as well as some good challenging fishing a good cafe with every thing a cold fisherman could need at this time of year with very helpfully and friendly staff it is also very well priced compared to most fishery's that I visited last year. Many thanks to the staff of raygill lakes keep up the good work

Been to Raygill Lakes? Share your experiences!