“Business stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Walmersley
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Business stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here this year and both have been spoilt for different reasons. The previous stay I was put in a spacious room which was unfortunately located on the ground floor near the hotel entrance and was hence near the busy main road which resulted in lots of traffic noise till late and again early in the morning as the window didn't do a very good job of keeping noise out. My 2nd stay this week was on the second floor at the back of the hotel, requested because of the afore mentioned traffic noise, which in a much smaller room in a newer part of the hotel but benefiting from lovely countryside views, The room was a good quality but with a couple of negative points such as missing toilet toll holder, cracked sink and wonky mirror. The problem was it became evident that the newer part of the hotel had paper thin walls with doors fitted with excessively heavy door closers combined with guests coming back to rooms up to midnight there was a constant stream of banging doors and banging bathroom doors as the hinges on these also cause the them to bang shut. Due to the very thin walls you can hear guests coughing and their TV sound coming through the wall which late at night is very disruptive when you are trying to get back to sleep after being woke up by banging doors. The whole thing then starts again early the next morning as people get up at varying times and the doors start slamming again after only having slept for a couple of hours, it really was the worst nights sleep I have ever had! Its a shame as the hotel is a good quality one with very friendly staff and a superb restaurant and bar I just wish they would adjust the door closers like Premier Inn hotels do so the doors close quietly there really is no need for them to slam like they do as they can easily be adjusted!

Room Tip: Stay in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
raver10, Guest Relations Manager at Red Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel.

I am sorry to read that you did not get a good nights sleep whilst with us, it is a basic requirement and something that is typically not a problem at all.

We have a continuous maintenance programme at the Hotel and I can assure you these issues will be looked at asap.

I will of course pass all of your comments to the Management of the Hotel so that we may continue to improve our offering.

I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was lucky enough to be invited to the wedding of a close friend on 29 May 2014. I do not live far away so never really had the need to visit the hotel before.
I went to the hotel the night before our stay & the wedding to visit the bride & was immediately impressed with the surroundings inside & out & with the staff. On the day of the wedding we checked into 2 beautiful rooms. We had a double & a twin for my daughters with an interconnecting room. The rooms are very modern with a peaceful luxury feel to them. The beds were very comfortable & the room facilities were excellent.
Not only is this hotel excellent for standard of rooms I have to say the staff were amazing. They attended to our every need & were on hand for whatever the question. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job with the turnaround of my room we were very impressed.
All the food we had for the couple of days we were there was fabulous. The breakfast one of the best we have had.
I will recommend this hotel to many people & also visit more often for lunch or an evening meal. Thank you so much

Room Tip: rooms 11 & 12 are fantastic for a family wanting 2 rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melanie J
raver10, Guest Relations Manager at Red Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I am thrilled you and your Family enjoyed your time with us celebrating such a wonderful occasion.

Don't forget we are only up the road so make sure to pop back for a drink in our bar and some delicious food from Legends Restaurant.

We hope to see you soon.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed in the lovely Red Hall at the last may bank holiday. Had a fantastic night away it was great just to be able to chill. there was a wedding on at the same time but never heard the disco. The best bit was the lovely steak in the restaurant

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We hope your time with us helped you recharge your batteries during your Bank Holiday break. I shall pass your comments onto the team.

I am glad you experienced Legends Restaurant, we are very proud of the high standards we offer and I will be sure to pass your comments onto our team.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a wonderful overnight stay here. The staff are all so friendly and helpful and the young girl on reception was particularly efficient and friendly. Food was presented beautifully and our room was fresh, clean and had excellent view. With free wifi available and ideal location would def recommend.

Room Tip: we had a twin room no 127and the view overlooking the fields was wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank trshk
Thank you for writing a review of our Hotel, it is very much appreciated.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and hopefully when in the area again we will be your Hotel of choice.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Brilliant. Clean, quiet and professional.

Having stayed in quite a few other hotels around Bury the RedHall Hotel is head and shoulders above the rest.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody needing to stay overnight near Bury

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kenfarey
raver10, Guest Relations Manager at Red Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel, your kind words a very much appreciated and I shall pass them onto our team.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Like one of the recent reviewers, I too had a Groupon voucher for the Legends restaurant. Very nice ambience about the place but a certain more mature member of staff who was running the restaurant was extremely rude and very unfriendly; in fact he totally ignored us when we arrived to take our table and continued to talk to a member of staff. The other members of staff were ok (not overly friendly or helpful) but it appeared that customers who are on vouchers were not given the same attention. I thought that was the whole point..... To encourage new customers! Also, in a restaurant of that 'quality' you would expect the waiter to take your coat and not have to put it over the back of your chair. Could do much better on service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank JRLUK
raver10, Guest Relations Manager at Red Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear of your recent experience whilst dining with us.

We pride ourselves with a high level of service and it is unacceptable that your recent visit did not meet our typical high standards.

I can assure you we treat all of our customers equally and we are well known locally for our high standards, it is a shame that we have let you down on this occasion.

I do hope it will not put you off joining us in the future and I will speak to the Restaurant Manager personally to ensure that this does not happen again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I just got married here yesterday, absolutely fabulous staff. Everyone had a smile on their faces, polite and friendly. Absolute credit. A special mention to Warren who helped me arrange everything and always made himself available if i needed anything at all. It was so reassuring to know i had help along the way! The food was amazing, everyone commented on how delicious the homemade food was. The rooms are pristine, especially the honeymoon suite. All guests had a brilliant day and night and were complimentary about the hotel and staff.
Thank you for making our day as special as it was!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We are so happy you chose to share your Big Day with us, I did hear from the staff that it seemed to go well.

Good Luck with your new shared life together and hopefully see you back with us soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walmersley
Best Western Manchester Bury Bolholt Country Park Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel
BEST WESTERN Old Mill Hotel, Ramsbottom
Premier Inn Manchester (Prestwich) Hotel
The Royal Toby Hotel
The Royal Toby Hotel
#2 of 6 in Rochdale

Been to Red Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!