“Great location, tasty food”

The Waterfront Cafe Bar
Ranked #10 of 15 Restaurants in Polzeath
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had walked from Padstow and were starving so plonked ourselves down in the Waterfront Cafe. We had a lovely pizza and salad served with cold local beer. The location is great for watching the world go by. Lovely outdoor seating on elevated decking, pleasant and efficient staff made the experience even better. Would recommend to visitors to Polzeath.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just had a shortstay at new Polzeth .... Decided to try the waterfront because of the fabulous views over the sea ..... Was not disappointed had a gorgeous avocado bacon tomato & egg bruschetta .... Perfect :)

WaterfrontManager, Manager at The Waterfront Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your brunch with us. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever back down this way.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Waterfront has everything going for it, elevated position over looking the beach, minimal competition and with all this I had to walk away twice on separate occasions due to poor service.

It is table service only, it took far to long for any one from the un interested staff to take our order and even longer for the over priced drinks to arrive.

It is such a shame that the basic element of customer service is missing. Proper trained staff in the right numbers would turn the Waterfront into a little Gold Mine!!!

2  Thank Brian J
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant (bistro/cafe really) has an unrivalled location and if you want a beer and chance to take in the view it's great. If you want good service and a gastronomic experience, my advice would be to look elsewhere.

We were a large party and the restaurant was busy (Easter Friday) but none of that should have been a surprise to the kitchen. Staff were friendly but over-stretched and it took one hour for starters to arrive and a further 45 minutes for mains. Food was good enough when it did arrive, without being exceptional and we had all lost interest in the dining experience (if not the will to live!!) by the time it arrived.

Next time we'll be going for a beer to enjoy the view, on the way to dine at another restaurant.

1  Thank Neilhoppy
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This place has a lot going for it. Great location, good beer, friendly staff but that is where it ends. Service was extremely slow, I waited for 90 minutes to get my lunch, and when it arrived it was cold.

I ordered fish and chips And it looked to me as if I was given half of the portion it was so tiny and yet still cost me over £10.

So in summary, late cold food with small portions left me hugely disappointed and regretting my visit.

Learn from my mistake.