“Great surf school”

Surf's Up Surf School
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Polzeath
More attraction details
Owner description: As on of the UK's longest established surf schools based here at Polzeath, we are a family run private business offering surfing lessons for young and old, beginner and pro alike. We operate all year 7 days a week. Come and learn the sport of kings!
Bimingham
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great surf school”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have used Surf's Up many times when I've been in Polzeath. They are very good, attentive and know how to teach well and have helped me be a better surfer. Although during my recent visit, I didn't use them, as the waves were flat and didn't go surfing that much; only I thought I'd write a good review to anyone thinking of using Surf's Up. They are the only school I would use; however it is a shame they lost their site on the beach and have moved locations. Hope to see you soon!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lisa-Marie1980
SurfsUpSurfSch00l, Owner at Surf's Up Surf School, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Hi Lisa-Marie, Thanks so much for your feedback. We did have a bit of a flat spell, (check out the Surf's Up! blog for surfing tips when it's small) but that's all in the past now... waves aplenty! Pete

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Suf lesson”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Three terrified middled aged women went for a surf lesson this March, with Surfs Up! in Polzeath.
We were most scared about getting cold. Avian and Wail, had to listen to us whinging and complaining as we got into our wetsuits/hats/gloves/boots.... we looked FABULOUS, especially in our rubber hats. Lipstick on, we braved the waves.
We had the BEST time, we laughed and whooped for 2 hours. Wail (our instructor) was a saint: patient, kind, patient and a very good teacher.
I can't recommend these chaps highly enough. If they can tolerate me and my friends AND manage to teach us something, they must be good. AND we stayed really toasty in our outfits! Go and give it a go! It makes you feel glad to be alive.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ali W
Thanks for the review... sounds like you had a memorable time! How are the muscles? Did you find any new ones the next morning?! Pete
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

My husband booked myself & daughter to a week of surf school, was dreading it but absolutely fabulous week. Instructors were great. & learned loads. Went back for just 1 day in October half term & staff recognised us. Going again this summer but hubby & younger daughter booking in too. Great fun.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lin_dasmit
Thanks for taking the time to write and thanks for the feedback. And you're coming back again with the whole family....are you going to be showing your younger daughter a few tricks!! Pete
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great team, excellent lessons”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Signed up for a weeks surf lessons with my daughter in the summer. Was a bit nervous but staff friendly and put me at ease. Made good progress and already planning on booking again next summer but hubby and younger daughter going to have lessons too

Visited August 2013
SurfsUpSurfSch00l, Manager at Surf's Up Surf School, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Hi Lin,

Thanks so much for taking the time to put your review on. Thrilled you and your daughter had fun with us in August! Really looking forward to getting you both in for some more tuition this summer and hopefully we can get your younger daughter and husband up to speed too! We'll teach you a few tricks to wow them with your skills though!!!! See you when the storms are gone and the sun is shining!
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Great service and a great time with Surfs up.”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Dear Avian,

A very big thank you to Surfs Up and Wailin for looking after us so well on Sat 23rd Nov and making my daughters 21st a fab, fun event. It was a beautiful day and Wailin kept everybody in great spirits throughout the whole lesson. He was brilliant. The photographs are fab (thank you Anna and 360 photography) everyone enjoyed looking at the photographs on a big screen before our evening meal. It really couldn't have been better. Thank you so much.

Kay Edwards

Visited November 2013
SurfsUpSurfSch00l, Manager at Surf's Up Surf School, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Kay, thanks for taking the time to post your review. Delighted everything went well for your daughter's birthday!!! Wailin is chuffed everyone enjoyed the day! We hope to see you all back with us again soon and help take the surfing to the next level! Avian