“very good and friendly”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Zellenberg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were there for lunch and it was again a very good surprise . Well balanced menu with carpacio of scalop for starter and sea bass in the main dish . The atmosphere was superb with a nice view on the mountains and the vines .

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Raining and cold on the day of our visit, we could not take advantage of the terrace or the view, which meant we could concentrate on the food, which was excellent. Well worth the price and the star.

As we were introduced by a local vintner, who brought along one of his own bottles for the first course, we thought the staff might be a bit stroppy. It did not dent their friendly welcome and competent explanations of their own wine list and menus, - they didn't even charge us corkage.

1  Thank langej
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I went to this restaurant with friends a few days ago. The restaurant offers a nice décor, surrounded by vineyards in the heart of the Alsatian countryside. The terrace offers a nice backdrop with its many illuminated trees. We decided to go for the degustation menu and were first disappointed when we were told they could not offer the matching wines. Unfortunately the food was of unequal quality. The appetizer was a bliss and so was the dessert. The fish was quite tasteless and could have been better cooked, the service could also have been improved, having in mind this is a one star Michelin restaurant. The prices were reasonable, the advices of the sommelier were good, but I didn't expect to have to pay 30 Euros extra for them! This was a first for me and I have had the chance to visit quite a few really good restaurants, featuring Michelin stars or not. All in all I would not recommend to come here, unless you are in the neighborhood and no other restaurants could offer you a table.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a splendid restaurant (Michelin one star!). The food was delicious and the service perfect. In a 3-week driving trip around France, this was the very best. Skip the tourist places with the "local specialties" and come here instead.

6  Thank PatioPete
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I hesitate to write this review,not because of any problems with the restaurant,but because I have so many positive things to say,that I fear that my humble review could trigger a host of visits to one of the best kept secrets in Alsace.Where does one begin?The site of the restaurant is inspiring:On a hill over looking vineyards and the beautiful town of Riquewihr.The reception and the service are understated and superb,the wine list is a gift(maybe I shouldn't write that),and the food,goodness the food.My wife and I have visited this gem of a restaurant for perhaps 15 years,and the chef only gets better.On this occasion,we both ordered the menu gourmand.First,agenerous lobster salad,then a beautifully prepared scallop dish followed by lamb prepared 3 ways and a berry dessert that was nothing less than delicious.I can't wait to return.

3  Thank michael p