Horsley Lodge
PremierInn.com
US$53
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Derby Chaddesden(Derby)(Great Value!)
US$54
Travelodge
US$78
US$70
PremierInn.com
US$124
US$115
  • Restaurant
All reviewsafternoon teathe barnwedding receptionmr and mrswedding venuewedding photoswedding breakfastlooked stunningfantastic weddingevening buffetsconeslovely venuefor sunday lunchchampagne breakfastfunction roomvintage teabridal suite
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

After a couple of "Ahems" and eventually an "excuse me" to the chap with his back to reception, his eyes rolled and he advised me he didn't work on reception, then a young lady appeared, who he gave what for...
Was staying for 4 nights and 3 nights the restaurant was empty and the other was full - over an hours wait. No notice was given of this - but drove a few miles to find somewhere that would accommodate.
The request for feather pillows fell on deaf ears and the friendliness of staff was variable (as I suppose is the norm)
The food and accommodation was ok - but I just a felt as a non golfing guest staying 4 nights I was a distinct inconvenience

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Big_Al_1972
Julian_Tee, Manager at Horsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Big_Al_1972

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Horsley Lodge Hotel.

I must apologise that the restaurant was unavailable on one of the nights during your stay. I do hope it met your expectations on the other nights. We tend to take a large amount of walk in business and thus cannot always predict our availability for dining. Our aim is to ask all residents upon check in their plans for dinner to allow for tables. I am sorry if this was not done on this occasion.

With regards to the welcome this is not our usual standard and if you feel that you wish to discuss this further with me then please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

I do sincerely hope that you can see this experience as an isolated incident amongst our reviews and hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Nathan Wallis

Reviewed 13 July 2014

i recently attended the wedding of a close friend of mine. the attention to detail you gave was amazing, i believe it was everything the bride had requested. the food (we had canapes, main meal and buffet) was lovely. the bar was well-stocked (excellent choice of ales - 3, and a good cider -stowford press). the staff were professional and friendly, coped really well for saying they were a barman down which i wouldn't have known if i wasn't told.
i'd recommend this place both as a venue for a celebration or simply somewhere to have a special meal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Julian_Tee, General Manager at Horsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear shirl2014

Thank you for your glowing review of Horsley Lodge following your attendance at the recent wedding. We aim to please and I am delighted that we hit the mark on this occasion.

We are a very popular wedding destination and I am certain that it is because of the attention to detail we provide and the fact that only one wedding will be held on any given day, that we receive such positive feedback.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and in the meantime, my thanks to you once again for taking the time to review Horsley Lodge.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

In April, I married my British husband and we had our reception at the Horsley Lodge. I cannot express how wonderful the entire day/evening was!
It was stressful planning our wedding from across the pond, but Laura and wedding coordinator at the Horsley Lodge was very nice and always responded to my emails in a timely manner. On the day of our wedding, the staff was absolutely brilliant! Everyone was friendly and the service was fantastic. The reception room was decorated perfectly and the we were even able to customize everything to our liking. I was unable to taste the food provided prior to the wedding due to distance, however everyone commented on how tastey and wonderfully presented the wedding breakfast meal was!
We ended the evening in the cottage barn which was equally as beautiful...we only wish we could have spent more time there!
I would definitely recommend the Horsley Lodge for any wedding reception in the Derby area - the grounds are beautiful, you're guaranteed to be the only wedding hosted on that day, and the service is fantastic. We are so pleased with our decision!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Julian_Tee, General Manager at Horsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Jns123

Thank you for your wonderful review of your wedding held at Horsley Lodge in April 2014 - we remember the day well. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable day and that we were able to be a part of it.

Laura and team work extremely hard to ensure we deliver an excellent service to our wedding guests and it is always rewarding to receive such positive feedback.

We wish you well in married life "across the pond" and would be pleased to welcome you back to Horsley Lodge in the future, should you be back in the UK.

Our congratulations to you once again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Due to a booking error at an alternative hotel, we were booked into Horsley Lodge without seeing any reviews, pictures or knowing much about the hotel. Boy what an absolute gem this hotel is!!

Both my partner and I were blown away by the impeccable customer service, attention to detail, friendliness and feeling of genuine welcome and value of being guests at Horsley Lodge.

As part of our one year anniversary, we were touched by the attitude of the staff. A complimentary bottle of bubbles were left for us upon arrival. The staff were individually advised of our particular situation which resulted in us feeling overwhelmed by their generosity and kindness. All the staff knew our names and greeted us warmly.

The hotel itself was set in the beautiful Derbyshire country side within a stunning golf course. The grounds were immaculate and the general presentation of the hotel was outstanding.

We stayed in the hotel's Barn Cottage and what a treat it was. The suite was based on three levels, with a super king size bed (VERY comfortable) and jacuzzi bath being the two highlights.

The evening dinner was exceptional with the service and presentation not letting the hotel down at all.

We requested breakfast in our suite and this was also in keeping with the whole experience. It was perfect.

Overall, I cannot fault Horsley Lodge. The best compliment I could give it is that I don't know how it is only a 3* establishment, when we received nothing but a 5* service.

A perfect weekend stay to celebrate our anniversary and we cannot wait to return. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Julian_Tee, General Manager at Horsley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear thedrew85

I am delighted that you enjoyed your celebratory weekend away, after a disastrous start. My team were pleased to be service and we all felt for you after we learnt of what had happened.

We simply couldn't miss the opportunity to try and make your anniversary special - and I am delighted that we succeeded.

A belated happy anniversary.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We would recommend anyone to have there wedding here amazing food and lovely helpful staff.
brilliant day. Rooms where clean the cottage and barn out of this world. The breakfast is a must. Best day of our lifes. Great overall stay and wedding venue

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Mattichul

Thank you for taking the time to review Horsley Lodge following your wedding, your comments have been passed on to the Team. We have had a wonderful June with many a happy couple celebrate their wedding, either with their ceremony at the hotel or simply their wedding reception. We strive to provide a high level of service and quality of food and it is extremely gratifying to receive such high praise.

Barn cottage is a great feature, popular with wedding couples and 'weekenders', either on golfing breaks or simply enjoying a weekend away.

My thanks once again for your review, and congratulations!