“Not for me!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Swarkestone B&B and Inns
Derby
“Not for me!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I would like to say that the meal I had only last visit has put me of for life.. The chicken was barley cooked and swimming with oil my friends stake was overlooked and chips were cold.. The staff did all they could to ensure we were ok 100% for the service but it a shame that the food lets them down !!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stopped off here on a gorgeous sunny day after attending a bike rally nearby. Beautiful location for a beer garden with a river right next to it and a huge amount of Emperor dragonflies in lovely blues and greens for the nature lovers!
Huge grassy area for kids to play and you can take dogs in the beer garden too.
We ordered the prawn and steak salad and the bbq chicken which was gorgeous! The steak was huge too so you felt you got your moneys worth. Especially seeing as all meals were 241! :-D Service was good too considering it was busy. Im looking forward to going again next time im down that way. Its also an ideal stop off as its literally 2 mins off the A50 J3.
Highly recommended!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight rooms were good value. Large and plenty of facilities. 241 menu which is ok not great. But well worth it as rooms are great value including a good breakfast. Had a very nice weekend. Lady on breakfast was pleasant. Shame you have to cross the road to get into the garden little worrying with children.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Cheryl H
Earnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

As with previous reviewers pub/hotel in great location especially on a sunny day.
Close to Donnington Park, only 10 minutes down country roads.
Accommodation was OK, with some road noise but was good value with nice breakfast.
Evening meals were usual pub chain type grub but good size portions especially the mixed grill. Chips were soggy though.
Staff friendly and helpful and as part of the Marstons beer group beer choice was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dave b
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you require a clean and functional bedroom at a competitive price, chain pub food with no frills, this is the place for you. The riverside setting with beer garden is the best attribute especially with sunny weather. Some bedrooms look out onto the busy road and traffic noise is unavoidable and can disturb a good nights sleep. I did not use the restaurant and went to nearby Repton instead. The staff at breakfast were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulJ367
Borrowash, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Booked a table for twelve people for 18/4/14. Arrived at 2pm and were advised meals would be 40mins from order. When after an hour the kids' food arrived we thought "Okay, they're busy, it took a bit longer than planned". After about 5mins during which no more food had been served one of our group went to ask what was going on. This did bring the rest of the food to the table apart from my wife's meal, which they had "Forgotten, it'll be 5 minutes". 15 minutes later still no food so I went to try and sort it out. Meal was served pretty soon after this. The food when it finally arrived was not bad at all apart from the fact three had ordered steaks, none of which were cooked how they'd been ordered. Kids all ordered puddings which took and age to be served and after a 15 minute wait for coffees and teas we gave up and asked for the bill. The only up side was we were not charged for my wife's and my meals or any of the drinks we'd had.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Usually love eating here.

Stopped off for a few drinks during the afternoon. My friends ordered drinks and as I hadnt eaten asked if I could order food to the garden.

The responce I gotbfrom a male bartender was not unless I had a table number. As I hadnt been outside I didnt have one. So asked him to put it to any number and we would find the table as there was only 3 other couples at the time in the garden.

He refused to serve unless I walked all the way over to a table to log a number to give to him.

As he obvioulsly works in the hospitaltlity trade and it wasnt busy I would have thought he may have made an effort to accomidate. Especially as we as a large group where bring custom to the pub.

His attitude has put me and other members of the group of attending again.

We will stick to more welcoming locations.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swarkestone
Harpur's of Melbourne
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to The Crewe and Harpur? Share your experiences!