“Fabulous birthday brunch with friends and babies ”

Queenies Tea Room & Cake House
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Quarndon
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely trip to Queenies for brunch this morning. Friendly staff. Gorgeous food. Spotlessly clean. Fabulous facilities for babies. Can’t wait to return. Lovely sample of malteser brownie too :-)
Thank you for a great experience.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Despite unknowingly turning up 10 minutes before the kitchen closed we were met by a cheery welcome and was told it wasn’t a problem at all.

My loose leaf green tea was beautifully presented. There were plenty of sweet and savoury gluten free options for my friend. We were assured the gluten free toast was toasted seperately to avoid contamination. My scrambled eggs and mushroom were delicious and the chocolate cake... oh the chocolate cake!! Hands down THE best chocolate cake I have tasted to date. I am lacking the words to describe it and do it justice! We will definitely be returning. Thank you Queenies.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Decided to take my pet car out for a brief run and after seeing the good reports about
Queenies on TA , it looked like a good plan to drive the 18 miles , have a coffee and drive back. Bit of an impulse thing.
The coffee was not very hot or tasty.
My wife chose a piece of chocolate cake and we both tried it.
It was different from any other chocolate cake and indeed different from any other cake have ever tried. But not in a good way!
It appeared dark and dry and if you closed your eyes , it was hard to tell if it was chocolate at all,
In the mouth the cake changed to powder and there was no trace of cake moistness at all. The crumbs on the plate were powder too.
£8 for two coffees plus this awful slice of confection meant a very disappointing afternoon.
The cafe was beautifully presented and clean as wer the toilets.
The young lady serving was very professional and good at the job.

Date of visit: September 2018
beccb5, Owner at Queenies Tea Room & Cake House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Paul
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your visit and would like to respond appropriately by asking when you visited us. I would like to chase up with staff members to see what went wrong. As you have mentioned I do employ very professional members of staff and these staff are there to serve you. Unfortunately there are times when the staff member is busy that errors occur but we will always happily and apologetically replace anything that is not to your satisfaction - I wish that you had asked for your coffee to be replaced and enjoyed it rather than preferring to be unhappy with it and moan on Trip Advisor - you now have no idea how well we handle issues and how great our customer service is.
We take great pride in our baking and everything is made fresh on site. We constantly get fantastic feedback on our cakes and people place orders for birthdays etc. On the week you visited and placed your review we were not selling chocolate cake........

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely café for coffee and lunch. Beautiful home cooked food and amazing cakes!
Thank you to the excellent staff.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I was recommended Queenies by a friend who told me that I had to go just to try the cakes i booked a table for mid day leaving it open if we wanted to have breakfast or lunch & I also informed them that I was celiac & needed gluten free menu which they said wouldn’t be a problem & could cater for my dietary requirements.
on arrival we was greeting by a lovely lady who I presumed was the manager, she went through the menu with me & we all decided to have the poached egg & salmon on toast with lattes & some of there beautiful cakes, which were more than yummy
We all enjoyed the food & the staff was very friendly, & we didn’t feel rushed at any time either
I would highly recommend this little gem of a place to anyone that wants that little bit more special than just coffee
We all enjoyed it so much that we are planning our next visit
A big Thankyou to all the staff you did an amazing job on decorating all those cakes

Date of visit: June 2018