“Excellent value and friendly”
Review of Maryland B&B

Maryland B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Alvaston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Maryland B & B for three weeks. It was very comfortable and clean with good breakfasts. Sharon and Kuljeet show great friendliness and hospitality. Definitely great value. There is a lovely feel to the place when you walk in. On arrival I was met by Sharon, who made me feel comfortable from the start. After a long flight from Australia I was tired and in great need of a shower. Sharon was more interested in me getting settled and comfortable than dealing with the financial side of things. Very much appreciated. The en suite shower was great, no problems. An added bonus, it was about 2 minutess walk to Alvaston Park, a lovely park where I enjoyed my daily walks. Thanks again Sharon and Kuljeet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here recently with a group of friends and it was fantastic. Friendly, clean and great value. The breakfast was lovely and fresh. My room was enormous, very cosy and peaceful. There was also a beautiful garden at the back of the house. Great stay, thanks Maryland!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights recently as a large group. We were well looked after from start to finish. The rooms were excellent value, clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was served really quickly and the owners were efficient and helpful.

The only minor complaint was that the shower wasn't great in my room, but overall we had an excellent stay. I would recommend this place highly!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My stay at the Maryland was for 3 nights. I had room 7 which was immaculate I slept like a baby. The owners are well aware that the shower room needs one strip of new silicone but due to the the B& B being so busy have not had time to get in there as it needs to dry , but its on top of their list. No problem. I come up to Derby to visit my son and would not stay anywhere else.The family are lovely and accommodating. See you both soon . Lindy

Room Tip: When you book tell the owners what you like for a room. Remember its a B & B
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MysteriousGirl007
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this B&B and I'm sorry to say that their excellent standards have slipped. The wife and I were put in room 7. Do not have this room!! It really is only a single room with a double bed. There is so little room on either side of the bed, one has to go in sideways. Plus the bed is an iron bedstead with protruding ends which one keeps knocking parts of your body on. And the springs really make a noise at the slightest movement. My wife came out covered in bruises. The shower was pretty grotty. The silicone at the bottom which seals it was turning black from dirt. Watch out for the passages. There are a number of raised steps covered by the carpet. After my wife tripped over one and hurt herself, we were given another room. This one was better, but still with the dangerous iron bedstead. I personally will not use it again, but if YOU do, steer clear of room 7

Room Tip: avoid room 7 like the plague!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank happy_chappie024
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed at The Maryland for one night. I found it to be clean and comfortable. Lovely ensuite. It was quiet - had a good night's sleep. Beautiful garden if you have time to spend there. Good value for money, would recommend to friends and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Stayed for the nearby download rock festival. Extremely clean spacious attic room, good breakfast kept us full till mid afternoon, great information on busses from friendly Sharon. You have to lock doors at night but I don't mind this. Free wifi too, very useful. Very good bed for quality sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvaston
Hallmark Inn
Hallmark Hotel Derby Midland
pentahotel Derby
pentahotel Derby
#6 of 29 in Derby

Been to Maryland B&B? Share your experiences!