“Great night sleep :)” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Alvaston B&B and Inns
east sussex
“Great night sleep :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Me and my partner arrived here on Tuesday 14th of January 2014 at around 10AM, our check in wasn't until 12pm and the lady (I think shewas the manager) opemed the door, said we couldn'tcheck in yet and then closed the door! We had been travelling since 3AM and thought she wouldat least let us on the building to wait!

Despite this we were allowed to check in an hour early and check out half an hour late without anyextra charge which we thought was very accomodating of the owners/managers.

We had a small and cosy room which was warm, clean and quiet (despite being on the main road. The window blocks out most of the noise) we both slept very well and found that the bed was very comfortable.

Our ensuite was clean and fresh, the hot water ran well and we were provided with fresh, clean towels.

The staff were friendly and welcoming and seemed approachable.

The full english breakfast was very basic but very nice

I would stay here again (but not arrive early :P)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had a ring and drive around for cheaper places and no one came anywhere near. We had a lovely 4 week stay. The owners are very friendly. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is outstanding. The owners truly go to any length to make you happy comfortable. If we ever need a place to stay we will definitely go back!! Fully recommend! !

• Stayed September 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Perfectly adequate for what it is. Shower needs to be improved: poor pressure and fluctuating temperatures make for an unenjoyable experience. Hospitality is very friendly. Good value for money. Parking available in front, which is a bonus.

Room Tip: Room #2 is rather dark, with only a small window, but it served its purpose. Walk out into the garde...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Muse-trips
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Maryland B & B for three weeks. It was very comfortable and clean with good breakfasts. Sharon and Kuljeet show great friendliness and hospitality. Definitely great value. There is a lovely feel to the place when you walk in. On arrival I was met by Sharon, who made me feel comfortable from the start. After a long flight from Australia I was tired and in great need of a shower. Sharon was more interested in me getting settled and comfortable than dealing with the financial side of things. Very much appreciated. The en suite shower was great, no problems. An added bonus, it was about 2 minutess walk to Alvaston Park, a lovely park where I enjoyed my daily walks. Thanks again Sharon and Kuljeet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here recently with a group of friends and it was fantastic. Friendly, clean and great value. The breakfast was lovely and fresh. My room was enormous, very cosy and peaceful. There was also a beautiful garden at the back of the house. Great stay, thanks Maryland!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights recently as a large group. We were well looked after from start to finish. The rooms were excellent value, clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was served really quickly and the owners were efficient and helpful.

The only minor complaint was that the shower wasn't great in my room, but overall we had an excellent stay. I would recommend this place highly!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My stay at the Maryland was for 3 nights. I had room 7 which was immaculate I slept like a baby. The owners are well aware that the shower room needs one strip of new silicone but due to the the B& B being so busy have not had time to get in there as it needs to dry , but its on top of their list. No problem. I come up to Derby to visit my son and would not stay anywhere else.The family are lovely and accommodating. See you both soon . Lindy

Room Tip: When you book tell the owners what you like for a room. Remember its a B & B
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MysteriousGirl007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvaston
pentahotel Derby
The Coach House
#10 of 24 in Derby
The Derby Conference Centre
Kings Highway Bed & Breakfast

Been to Maryland B&B? Share your experiences!