“Good B&B”
Review of Maryland B&B

Maryland B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Alvaston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at the B&B as an overnight stopover. I had my granddaughter with me and had booked into a twin room,
The room was clean, modern and had a lovely ensuite. The owner did everything she could to ensure she made your stay as comfortable as possible.
A full English breakfast is well cooked and not the greasy mess I have been served at some places!
There is a beautiful garden to the rear an d parking places out front.
The B&B is on a main road about 1 mile from the centre of Derby.
I was very impressed by this B&B and would definitely stay there again.
The only downside wS because I was a late booker I had a room at the front and had to content with a deal of traffic noise. The owner did tell me that those who book for more than 1 night are given rooms at the back.

Room Tip: As for a room at the rear
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Upgraded to an en suite room which was a pleasant surprise. House has lovely gardens which the owners were kind enough to let us eat our dinner in after a long journey down. Breakfast was good and cooked to tailor our requests. Room was good value for money and would stay here again if visiting Derby. Thanks, Frankie and Chris

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and myself stayed here last week for 5 nights and the place was absolutely fantastic!! Lovely friendly owners- no request was too much trouble and their hospitality was honest and genuine. The cleanliness of the place also exceeded our expectations and we would welcome the chance to stop there again and enjoy the great hospitality on offer. Thanks again Steph & Alan

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed for two nights, must say i have been incredibly impressed. The shower head broke this morning but when i came back it was fixed. Generous with tea and coffee facilities in the room. Lovely garden. Really enjoyed and hopefully can stay next week too.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I love this place. I stayed for 3.5 months. The B&B is very friendly with lovely garden and owners are very welcoming. Place is being cleaned up. People staying here are all very cool. Place is quiet but convenient, as there's only a 10 min trip to the city. Also a 24 hr bus at to go and from East Midland Airport. Maryland is also close to all shopping locations and stores.And most importantly, the price is very reasonable! Can't ask for more! :) Best B&B I've stayed at. I give it a five star rating - would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Me and my partner arrived here on Tuesday 14th of January 2014 at around 10AM, our check in wasn't until 12pm and the lady (I think shewas the manager) opemed the door, said we couldn'tcheck in yet and then closed the door! We had been travelling since 3AM and thought she wouldat least let us on the building to wait!

Despite this we were allowed to check in an hour early and check out half an hour late without anyextra charge which we thought was very accomodating of the owners/managers.

We had a small and cosy room which was warm, clean and quiet (despite being on the main road. The window blocks out most of the noise) we both slept very well and found that the bed was very comfortable.

Our ensuite was clean and fresh, the hot water ran well and we were provided with fresh, clean towels.

The staff were friendly and welcoming and seemed approachable.

The full english breakfast was very basic but very nice

I would stay here again (but not arrive early :P)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had a ring and drive around for cheaper places and no one came anywhere near. We had a lovely 4 week stay. The owners are very friendly. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is outstanding. The owners truly go to any length to make you happy comfortable. If we ever need a place to stay we will definitely go back!! Fully recommend! !

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvaston
Hallmark Inn
Hallmark Hotel Derby Midland
pentahotel Derby
pentahotel Derby
#5 of 29 in Derby

Been to Maryland B&B? Share your experiences!