“Tuy Hoa & this resort deserve to be "must see" on a trip to Vietnam”

VietStar Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tuy Hoa
“Tuy Hoa & this resort deserve to be "must see" on a trip to Vietnam”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The VietStar Resort & Spa is one of those rare finds off the beaten tourism path that one feels super lucky to discover. It is a beautiful place to relax, unwind and feel truly welcomed by a delightful staff. Tuy Hoa is unspoiled, peaceful, and visually beautiful, with mountains, islands, and a rocky coast that offers beach after beach of brown sugar sand. The Resort, a family owned labor of love, is intrinsically tied to the neighboring village. It provides training to local staff, supports patients at the new hospital and helps the local schools. That is on top of being a great place to stay. The rooms are spacious and very well designed with open air bathrooms that allow you to enjoy showering under blue skies or stars - screened nicely to keep the wildness out but keep the peace within. The gardens and landscaping are the best part. One can wander for hours. The bird life, butterflies and clear breezes are a very welcome respite from city smog. The spa is lovely. I had the best hot stone massage of my life, plus a lovely mani-pedi, all that after a good work out in the gym (small but definitely good for a decent routine - treadmills, an elliptical machine, stationary bike, plenty of weights and yoga mats). The place is very quaint, with a family theme - kind of kitschy, kind of Disney, with giant stone mushrooms and assorted statues of woodland creatures - but on the whole very serene and just fun. There is plenty to do. The private beach is beautiful, with a restaurant, lockers, showers and a place to have BBQ. The resort has a driving range for golfers (9 holes planned), a playground for kids that includes rides, bikes, a tennis court, a beautiful pool with a waterfall, a library/tea room, and amazingly - a mini-zoo! It's possible to feed the deer by hand. I loved stopping by every day to visit the bunnies, ostriches, piglets and more. Boat excursions are also possible but the seas were too rough during our stay. The villas are really beautiful, especially those with private pools. So nicely appointed. The resort is much like what you would find in Southern Thailand. Breakfast is nice, not as over the top as at some 5 stars, but fresh, tasty and organic. The resort grows its own vegetables and rice and sources everything from nearby. Again, I can't say enough about the staff. Einda, the front desk manager, is amazing. She's the perfect host with exacting but caring standards. She thought of everything, and then some! She is a new friend. Mr. Trinh Quang Bao, DDG, welcomed us all on behalf of his family, the owners. His commitment to protecting the environment and providing a positive future for the village were apparent all around the resort. To add to the "too good to be true" part, there are direct flights from Hanoi and HCMC, and for now, the resort is very affordable. Amazing value for the traveler's dollar. I can't wait to get back to Hanoi to recommend a stay to all my friends. And I look forward to staying in touch with the wonderful family I met visiting from Germany. We all felt very smart and lucky for making this find.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank limiwa
EindaSwe, Manager at VietStar Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Ms.Lisa,

Very pleasure to meet you and thanks heartily for your review. Thanks so much for choosing Vietstar Resort & Spa for your vacation and we are always warmly welcome you to our beautiful resort and hope to see you again.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Einda (Ms.)
Front Office Manager
(On behalf of Management Team)
Vietstar Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Toronto
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We changed hotel after having spent 1 night at the catastrophical Scandia Resort. And we were right! it was sublime. A real 5 stars. Beautiful and well equipped resort, everthing worked, excellent service. The beach is beautiful and pristine, the water absolutely clean. I recommend the resort to anyone who wants to avoid crowded places. Almost nobody has heard of Tuy Hoa yet. It may well become a new Nha Trang in a couple of years but so far it is a well hidden treasure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank caliningrad
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Family stayed a week over New Year's Eve with 3 kids aged 4, 6 and 10. Fantastic housing. We stayed at a private villa (Cherry) with a private pool that was in use non-stop. On top of that there is a large swimming pool with an artificial waterfall and a beautiful beach.

We stayed in the off-season and got a very good price, but it is still in the deep with over USD300 per night. One can and should expect luxury and attention to details for that price. We got everything we wanted and would like to give a special thank you to the front office manager, Aye Einda Swe. She made sure we got everything we needed and made us feel at home.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, way beyond the call of duty. We made a memory for life and according to the kids this the best stay at any hotel, ever. We travel quite a lot so this is a powerful statement.

We had most meals at the resort, but also ventured out the the nearby picturesque village and the superb selection of seafood.

We recommend the resort to everybody and will stay here again if we ever get a chance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Thordane
phnom phen
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this resort for 4 days in August. All but one (and I mean All but one) of the staff treated me as if they appreciated that I was their guest and they were willing to go out of their way to help me when ever I asked. The rooms are lovely, well maintained and a delight to stay in. Every meal I ate, I enjoyed and the walks to and from to my own room were delightful. The private beach was breathtaking and the free ride to and from through a post-card type village was delightful. On one of my strolls through the property I came upon their driving range, so I spent an hour or so driving a bucket of golf balls. Kitty Nguyen, a staff member there, provided personable friendly service, and a great team member. A certain security guard would always give me such a smart salute and the professionalism of their Front Office Manager, Aye Einda Swe, was indeed above and beyond being good, she was great! Ms. Swe welcomed me upon my arrival and was such a helpful, pleasant person throughout my stay. She gave me so many tips on travel throughout the resort and surrounding area and my stay at her resort, and her professionalism and advice, certainly made my trip better. I highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: seek advice and any needed assistance from Aye Einda Swe
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank greg a
sf bay area
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We, a family of two adults and 2 kids (9 and 3) stayed at the Vietstar hotel on journey through South East Asia. First I want to say that all of the staff we encountered were excellent and always very helpful and kind.
The hotel is situated on a large estate with many facilities including a large pool, small "zoo", kids play area, several restaurants and a private beach (that is off the main campus, but a shuttle can take you there). The rooms themselves were lovely and well appointed. The pool appeared to be a bit run down ( with the water slide being repaired during our stay), bbut my kids still were able to enjoy it. At the time of the visit, we went to the beach once and were not super impressed as there was a fair amount of garbage on the beach and the little shade huts/restaurant felt a bit tired and worn.
One more plus side, is the resort is right next to a small village that has a few fantastic (and very reasonable restaurants. They also have a great morning market (6-9am). Just walking around this little village was one of the highlights of our visit to this region of Vietnam.

Overall a good place to have a rest and enjoy some rest and relaxation for a family.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank stephanie k
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed two nights and were very pleased with the accommodations. Two hours away from Nha Trang was worth the seclusion and value of the resort. The service was amazing and the surroundings relaxing. It made up for the tacky decor randomly placed around the resort.
Just a few warnings: the bathroom is semi outside but completely enclosed , the beach is not within walking distance but there is a shuttle to take you, and there is not much to do but relax and enjoy.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank OCDtravelmom
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed here for a few days recently. the rooms are clean and tidy and the staff is very customer friendly, you never see a grumpy face. the cottages we stay offer a lot of space, comfort and a traditional flair. feels like you are living in a nature reserve..peaceful and relaxing. the evening meals are superb especially the lobster and seafood. If you look for a place away from the hustle of the city, then this is the ideal place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
FLC Quy Nhon Beach & Golf Resort
Scandia Resort
Scandia Resort
#1 of 5 in Tuy Hoa

Been to VietStar Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!