“Home from Home”

Oakbank Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport-on-Tay
Oakbank Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I stayed at Oakbank for 2 nights and I can simply say it was like I was a long lost member of the family invited round for a catch up. The house is immaculate and the bathroom sumptuous. However, the warmth of the welcome would outshine even a 7* hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 September 2010

I stayed at Oakbank in May this year, the hot tub out on the decking overlooking the Fife countryside is amasing, even when its raining heavily! In between St.Andrews for a few rouds of golf and Dundee where I had work so location was handy. No shops nearby but Rod and Linda are great hosts and Rod even helped me out with some car issues I had! Cheers, Hons

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Spent two nights with my girlfriend at Oakbank. It's a lovely setting, very reasonably priced and Linda couldn't do more to assist us. We would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay.

The real selling point for us was the house is close enough to Dundee and St. Andrews for a trip out for a meal and secluded enough if you just want some peace and quite.

Grant

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

The Scottish country side was glorious,and hot tub was fantastic to relax and take in the glorious scenery!!
The accomodation and hospitality was exceptional.
I look forward to holidaying again.Thanks for the great stay
Alan Mathewson(Melbourne,Australia)

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 20 September 2010

The room was light, airy and clean, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was served in a little alcove overlooking the hills - it was lovely. Breakfast itself was warm and filling, and Linda was able to adapt it to suit me being a vegetarian. Both she and Rod were friendly and helpful.

The only downside is that I think you would definitely need a car to get there. However, with a car, it's only a 15 minute drive to St Andrews (great for restaurants and sightseeing) and less than an hour through to Edinburgh. We had been travelling for some weeks by that stage, staying mostly in large cities, so we really enjoyed waking up somewhere quiet and pretty.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Me and my two friends stayed here for a girls weekend and absolutly fell in love with the surroundings and hospitality. We were made to feel so welcome and especially enjoyed coming back after a days shopping and chilling out in the hot tub with drinks surrounded by the glorious countryside! It was lovely! Will definately be back, thank you to Linda and Rod who both made us feel like part of the family! Nothing was too big an ask of them!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Superb views out to the countryside, immaculate rooms-I'll definately be back on my next trip to Fife.

Thanks Rod and Linda!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Been to Oakbank Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!