Stayed here for a few nights on a conference.....it is a castle so I imagine would be great if it was with kids (who like castles) or a couple getaway but this was work first the - could do betters....
- expensive (although paid for by the Company) internet with really poor reception except in places where you could not type on the laptop - ie on a high windowsill;
- No gym at all - nice place for a walk though - so maybe focus on cardio and keep off the weights for a few days;
- The authentic narrow spiral staircases are very cool - except when it is late at night after a few too many tasty German beers....
- Smoking is strictly not allowed (upside if you are a non smoker...) except outside (and also late at night in the bar if you are kind and give good tips ;))
- Fair way away from anywhere - no shopping adventures to be had here (unless it is some locally cured meats), so if serenity is what you are looking for then this is a good place;
- Had a double/queen bed made up of two mattresses (feels like you could fall into the gap and get lost)
The stuff they are doing well:
- Great food and great service - all the staff very polite and nice - even for someone who cannot speak German (ie me)
- It is a castle - just cool in the sense...stay in the tower if you can (rooms prefixed with a "3") nice gangway to access it
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, HRS, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Schloss Romrod reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.