Spent a week here for my anniversary - and have to admit, we had a wonderful tme. We stayed in the superior room at the Beach club, which was right on the beach.
The hotel itself...isn't really 5 star, but is still mainted to a high standard. Certainly, our rooms were'nt dazzling with 5stars but it was large, clean and had all the ammenaties we required for the trip. The bath tub was massive...which of course worked a treat.
The staff were all very good if not a little slow at times. When we had dinner at busy times, I have to admit, we had to wait some time to be served - but I could not fault the staff overall. They were courteous and a few in particular did go the extra mile.
The beaches were great, and I spent most of my time playing cricket, volleyball or just generally 'chilling' on the beach. The mamora bay beach is hot, but there more going on! The other beach (the name excapes me now) is much cooler and cleaner...but it depends what you're in the mood for.
The food was very good...and being all exclusive, I was glad to stay that all my preconceptions proir to the trip were quickly quashed. The variety was very good..as was the food quality. No upset stomach thank-fully. Towards the end however, I was getting a little bored of the same style of chicken!
Overall, a very pleasant stay and a wonderful holiday. We met some great people...and despite the threat of tropical storms and hurricanes, we had a wonderful time and would like to go back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your St. James's Club & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club & Villas Antigua